Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobade

He was decent. But I've always felt he was ok, never had a massive issue with him like some on here. He's a decent, mid tier CB and I'm sure he'll do fine with a run of games against lower opposition.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will play ahead of Maguire. Of that, I am 100% confident.

flameinthesun

Lindelof is a decent 3rd option, happy for him to stay. But we definitely need a 4th cb who is left footed as a Martinez backup.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Another flawless performance when he had to come and when we were under a bit more pressure. been saying for ages that he was not the problem

izec

We need a better 3rd choice. Pity Maguire has gone to shit.

Lindelöf is a 4th choice CB at best. Just too passive and and a non entity. I don’t trust him

SAFMUTD

I rather play him than Maguire to be honest, problem is he's weak in the air. So far Varane has complemented Martínez really well but I'm not sure Lindelof can make up for it.

Man Utd 3:0 Sheriff Tiraspol

Irwin99

Did good although obviously wasn't troubled much. One or two nice passes.

Hope he keeps it up against West Ham as I imagine he'll play alongside Martinez.

A-man

Comfortable in possession and defending but overall a quite calm evening. Anybody else who noticed how he time and time tried to correct Maguires positioning? Looked especially upset when we tried to overload the right side and Maguire didn’t move along.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Did ok against lame opposition

one thing that I noticed, only saw it once so I might be wrong.. when Maguire got the yellow card and it was showing the replay. Lindelof looked like he was going to jump for it then changed his mind and Maguire came steaming in and got the yellow

A-man

Did ok against lame opposition

one thing that I noticed, only saw it once so I might be wrong.. when Maguire got the yellow card and it was showing the replay. Lindelof looked like he was going to jump for it then changed his mind and Maguire came steaming in and got the yellow
You could see they’ve played many games together. When Harry came steaming, Lindelof immediately changed his run and covered behind instead.

golden_blunder

Staff
You could see they’ve played many games together. When Harry came steaming, Lindelof immediately changed his run and covered behind instead.
Not really how i saw it, looked more like he backed off.. but perhaps he saw the other half of the laurel and hardy show coming in out of the corner of his eye

A-man

Not really how i saw it, looked more like he backed off
Yes exactly. Would be stupid for both CBs to go for the same ball I guess. One goes, one covers.

In this situation it would be smarter for Maguire to cover as Lindelof is already in position, but Maguire is not that type of player. is why it doesn’t work with him and Martinez imo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Only really had 2 moments of difficult defending to do and managed them both easily, was very good in possession which he usually is in fairness. Like with Fred and McTominay, he's filling in his new squad role admirably which is absolutely what we should want from our squad players.

jackal&hyde

He is good in possession usually and capable of the exceptional pass that breaks the lines or hit a good run by the forwards. He is also very good in defending the channels, something that is indicative of his understanding of the game. Unfortunately he can be very poor in physical duels and I don't understand why since he is a good athlete. He will do good in a ETH team IMO. At least most of the time.

I know it's a cheap shot but we need to see him more with Martinez because there is a chance Maguire was part of the reason Victor was so nervous in seasons past. Even Varane looked worse then his usual self with Maguire. If we can accept that a player like Varane was hindered big time by Maguire, we should extend the same possibility to Lindelof.

golden_blunder

Staff
He is good in possession usually and capable of the exceptional pass that breaks the lines or hit a good run by the forwards. He is also very good in defending the channels, something that is indicative of his understanding of the game. Unfortunately he can be very poor in physical duels and I don't understand why since he is a good athlete. He will do good in a ETH team IMO. At least most of the time.

I know it's a cheap shot but we need to see him more with Martinez because there is a chance Maguire was part of the reason Victor was so nervous in seasons past. Even Varane looked worse then his usual self with Maguire. If we can accept that a player like Varane was hindered big time by Maguire, we should extend the same possibility to Lindelof.
Excuses. Lindelof was there 2 years before maguire joined and Maguire was actually good in his first season.
stop making excuses, he’s just not a very good defender. He makes a lot of basic errors for someone of his experience

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Tell me if I daydreamed, but did he do a superb sliding tackle once in the game?

shahzy

He's always been decent on the ball, now that we defend less because the team overall defends better, I can see him being adequate to fill in for Varane. Maguire though is still shit and will always be shit and makes everyone around him shit

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’ll be a lot better now that we’re playing possession based football. He’s comfortable on the ball and can make some really good long passes forward as we’ve seen before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tell me if I daydreamed, but did he do a superb sliding tackle once in the game?
I had to rub my eyes and pinch myself several times too. He actually showed some aggression for once.

Maybe he's seen what the little man brings to the table and realised what it takes finally. Lets hope he can continue that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I had to rub my eyes and pinch myself several times too. He actually showed some aggression for once.

Maybe he's seen what the little man brings to the table and realised what it takes finally. Lets hope he can continue that.
I don't know. He's also been with Smalling for years but never play like one.

Probably true. He knows his time here is under threat and he's been watching Martinez and Varane, and knows what type of CB that EtH wants.

jackal&hyde

Excuses. Lindelof was there 2 years before maguire joined and Maguire was actually good in his first season.
stop making excuses, he’s just not a very good defender. He makes a lot of basic errors for someone of his experience
Yeah he is not that good. But can be better maybe if playing with a confident combative player like Martinez.

crossy1686

career ending
He's a good possession based defender, but he can't defend, he needs someone else to do the dirty work for him, reminds me a bit of Pique actually.

jackal&hyde

He's a good possession based defender, but he can't defend, he needs someone else to do the dirty work for him, reminds me a bit of Pique actually.
Decent shout. I'd say he can defend in the sense or reading the game and defending the channels but he is poor on the physical side. As long as we can, as a team, maintain a high line and avoid sustained periods of pressure in our box he should be fine. Much like Pique as you say.

crossy1686

career ending
Decent shout. I'd say he can defend in the sense or reading the game and defending the channels but he is poor on the physical side. As long as we can, as a team, maintain a high line and avoid sustained periods of pressure in our box he should be fine. Much like Pique as you say.
Yeah exactly, that's why I think he has a role to play in this team under Ten Hag but it's really important that Martinez plays alongside him to do the Puyol role.

Status
Not open for further replies.