Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

He was 2v1 on the flank for Villas second. If he stepped to Young and left the overlap free and we concede the same posters would be in here criticizing him for that.

Irwin99

Meh. Very meh. Always meh. Meh!

The battle for emergency centre back between him and Maguire is a case of one reasonably aggressive but highly error prone and slow defender vs an ultra passive, uninspiring guy who just doesn't defend with any authority or organisation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Lindelof has to be moved on. His speciality move is going backwards. Villa's second today. Villa's third at the weekend. Any forward watching this will run at this guy all game long. Worse, he'll let himself be run. He's just weak.

Harsh, he had to back off today, else the overlap on the right was clear through on goal.

He’s generally crap though and would probably back off regardless, but he had to do that in this instance, anything else would’ve been pure stupidity.

A-man

Best in the back line, won his duels, good positioning m and calm with the ball.
Lindelof has to be moved on. His speciality move is going backwards. Villa's second today. Villa's third at the weekend. Any forward watching this will run at this guy all game long. Worse, he'll let himself be run. He's just weak.
So what should he have done instead in your opinion?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Best in the back line, won his duels, good positioning m and calm with the ball.

So what should he’ve done instead in your opinion?
Go out to the man and trust Maguire to cut out the cross if it comes.

Go out to the man and trust Maguire to cut out the cross if it comes.
Nar, that’d create a much simplar task for Villa to score. If Dalot doesn’t stick his foot out there it’s no goal, it required a lovely cross, a header and a load of luck.
If the man on the overlap gets in there it’s as simple as Bruno’s pass to Martial.

Lost bear

You’ve gone mad. Come back to me when he fecks up again, and he will
Personally I like Lindelof and feel that he’s often been under- rated. His passing can indeed be very good,
To suggest that it makes him a better all round defender than Varane is, however, just too much of a stretch. We’ve seen some genuinely top class performances from Varane this season, and I think his presence, when fit, and together with Martinez, has transformed the way UTD have played.

flappyjay

I wanted to see the reaction to this. On the weekend Lindelof went chasing Watkins into midfield and got blamed for the goal even though his teammates should have dealt with it. Last night Malacia chased in to midfield leaving space at left back but Lindelof is getting balmed for not dealing with it.

I wanted to see the reaction to this. On the weekend Lindelof went chasing Watkins into midfield and got blamed for the goal even though his teammates should have dealt with it. Last night Malacia chased in to midfield leaving space at left back but Lindelof is getting balmed for not dealing with it.
I don’t think that’s a great example to be honest, I think you have two or three people blaming Lindelof for last night where as most people were in agreement that he was massively at fault at the weekend. I include myself in that, but I’ve also been here defending him because he did the right thing last night and had no other choice.

Real Name

Was solid. But I just dont like his attitude, its polar opposite to Martinez. Martinez always goes for the ball, cuts passes of, puts the head where the opponent foot is if need be, Lindelof is always backing of and letting forwards bully him or outmuscle him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People didn't blame Lindelof went chasing Watkins, people criticised Lindelof for being too weak, not aggressive, too soft, and passive against Watkins. So you will see the same reaction ''too weak'', ''coward'', ''no effort'', ''not aggressive'', ''pussie'', ''too soft'', and ''passive''.

MagooDad

To be fair, wing backs should be able to push forward and might be off position in a counter attack. It's the DM that should cover then.

Central defenders should be sure that they win the ball, takes out the opponent or pushes the opponent to pass the ball backwards, when they push forward aggressively.

Lindelöf last week, let the attacker turn and do a pass forward.

After that Dalot was completely out of position. So it wasn't Lindelöfs error alone.

Dve

I think Lindelöf had a quite good game yesterday. He'll never be a world beater, and obviously he's behind Varane and Martinez in the pecking order, but reliable when called upon and a valuable member of the squad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think Lindelöf had a quite good game yesterday. He'll never be a world beater, and obviously he's behind Varane and Martinez in the pecking order, but reliable when called upon and a valuable member of the squad.
Please describe this term reliable you used for Lindelof. I’m keen to know.

saivet

Think the criticism is ridiculous for the goal. If he gambles to close down Young then an easy pass to Watkins is on and he's through on goal with a good opportunity to shoot or put the ball into a dangerous position.

Lindelof made the right decision here and the goal happened due to a great cross from Young.

A-man

Think the criticism is ridiculous for the goal. If he gambles to close down Young then an easy pass to Watkins is on and he's through on goal with a good opportunity to shoot or put the ball into a dangerous position.

Lindelof made the right decision here and the goal happened due to a great cross from Young.
Yes agree, but it’s just 3-4 of the usual guys who always try to blame him for everything, it’s an obsession they’ve had for years. I think Covid was his fault as well. No sensible person would blame him for that second goal.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yes agree, but it’s just 3-4 of the usual guys who always try to blame him for everything, it’s an obsession they’ve had for years. I think Covid was his fault as well. No sensible person would blame him for that second goal.
It’s an obsession with me to call out that he’s never been good enough and I think after 6 years of evidence we can come to that conclusion rather than just blindly defending him as some others do. No sensible people would think he’s good enough for this level

TempusFugit

The very definition of an okay player, rarely goes below a 6.5/10 and doesn't go much higher either. He's a capable backup option who can have some really good games but should never be a nailed on starter.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Agree with this, sometimes defending you have to try and calculate where the most immediate danger. Focusing on the ball on the right makes sense.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The very definition of an okay player, rarely goes below a 6.5/10 and doesn't go much higher either. He's a capable backup option who can have some really good games but should never be a nailed on starter.
He's not okay though. Silvestre and Brown were okay to some degree. Lindelof is too sensible, too fragile for Premier League and opponents are exploiting his passive stance from few good years now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Players or everyone at work in any industry can make mistakes and you can forgive the mistakes if they at least put some effort and will do better next time. Player doesn’t put effort, being pussy and coward is something doesn’t deserve a support from the fans. And that is what Lindelof does for 6 years of ball watching, backing off, being pussy, show no commitment and effort to block or be in duel.

Imagine 10 out of your 11 team members at work putting lot of efforts and hard work to try, while only one just backing off and show no commitment or effort?? I can assure you that one guy will be fired for sure.

If these last 6 years Lindelof actually had given his best effort then he is in the wrong job.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Absolute standard Lindelof dogshit for the goal. Decent otherwise... Though his passing was a bit crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.