Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How can the goal be his fault? His passing was not bad, a few sloppy ones, decent otherwise.
I didn't say it was his fault did I? I just said he was shit for the goal and he was. Was a terrible attempt at blocking the cross... He needs to be making himself bigger / trying to get closer in situations like that.

JeffFromHK

he defended well today except for the goal
but he got two big things infuriating for me:
1. his lack of composure, he just gave corners and throw ins away for fun by randomly kicking the ball away even if he got no opponents next to him. This is just very lower-table mentality (jamie carragher says hi)

2. just stood there like a statute when Martinez tried to look for a passing option. He could simply make a little run forward and opponent's pressing will be nullfied. and no, he just stood like a statute and let himself get marked.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Bit better than last time. Had to stay on his toes for entire match as attack once again failed everyone.

BainthaBrakk

He will never win man of the match anymore because of agendas, but without him we would have lost today. Our best player.

GMoore23

He's not nearly as bad as many people on here want him to be.
He's as good a 3rd CB as you could expect. Varane will need replacing as a starter before Lindelof needs replacing as a backup.

edgecutter

Fair better today than last week, but that is what Victor does. He can look competent for a few matches and drops a clanger like last weekend.

A-man

Great game. Cleared the box again and again. For the usual 3 posters who claim he’s just a passenger…

aerial duels 4/4
Tackles 3/3
Clearances 12
Blocked shots 1
Interceptions 1

Decent numbers for a passenger

ash_86

Had a good game overall. His passiveness in tracking is infuriating. If Martinez was in his place then he would’ve blocked cross for Fulham goal

criticalanalysis

Better towards the end of the game today. Should have done better stopping the cross coming in for Dan James' screamer
Absolute standard Lindelof dogshit for the goal. Decent otherwise... Though his passing was a bit crap.
Pretty much this.

Does well stopping crosses and intercepts when it's in his favour and about positioning to stop the final ball. No initiative at all to support Malacia in the first half (massive gaping hole between them two) and back tracked about 15 yards into the penalty box for the goal.

Had lots of defensive actions in that second half and that's what most will remember unfortunately. He's okay, nothing more.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Love Martinez, but Lindelöf was actually our best defender today. I think his style of defending (that most people seem to fecking hate) makes him a perfect backup for Varane.

Irwin99

Got to give him credit that was a far better performance today. Could have been MOTM.

Marwood

A decent game but you just knew he wasn't stopping that cross for the goal. Which he could have. More bothered about not giving away a pen.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was good today. Still pretty concerning that he's only kept 3 clean sheets this season.

Longshanks

When malacia was getting skinned Lindelof decided to get closer to martinez rather than go and help his full back. Than for the goal when malacia got caught out of position he again decided that he should get closer to martinez rather than defend the channel and maybe take the iniative and go and stop the attack. It ultimately resulted in the equaliser.

He did well in the box today lots of good defensive actions. But in the end his timidness and desire to avoid getting faced up one on one cost us and if Mitrovic was playing I think we would of been in alot of trouble.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Great game. Cleared the box again and again. For the usual 3 posters who claim he’s just a passenger…

aerial duels 4/4
Tackles 3/3
Clearances 12
Blocked shots 1
Interceptions 1

I know you're in love.

The way he kept getting caught out of position was brilliant.
For the goal how he didn't close the player down after not being aware where the player was, was excellent
How he made himself as small as possible, how he didn't block the cross or attempt to challenge the player and put his hands behind his back , exquisite.
How he let the ball go through his legs even though the player was not close was exceptional.

Luckily Vinicius was playing up front and not Mitrovic.

Hopefully the last time.

Anyway as you like stats:
Since the first two league games when the whole team was diabolical -
We have conceded 14 league goals. 9 of which were when Lindelof was on the pitch.
We have five clean sheets in the league - none of which Lindelof played in.
Lindelof has played 350 minutes for those 9 goals conceded - one every 39 minutes when he's on the pitch
Of the last 12 league games - 1080 minutes - ie 730 minutes without Lindelof on the pitch we have conceded 5 goals averaging one goal conceded every 146 minutes
Those 5 goals include the first 3 conceded against City. One was scored by Arsenal and one by Liverpool.

Terrifying isn't it?

Last edited:

kundalini

I thought Lindelof played well today. Numerous times he had to cut out crosses, often after Dan James had destroyed Martinez.

SAFMUTD

Great game today, gives some hope for him as a rotation option.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

aerial duels 4/4
Tackles 3/3
Clearances 12
Blocked shots 1
Interceptions 1

He also contributed to the game being that way due to lack of aggression, and he yet failed to be proactive. He headed the ball out of play, cleared the ball aimlessly and generally was a bag of nerves on the ball due to him having to defend constantly. It is clear he was targeted as a weakness in our defence but he seemed to be a better defender than their striker. I thought he did terribly in organising the defence, especially in regards to Malacia who struggled a bit positionally next to him. They both failed to lock down that side and they both had to make a lot of unnecessary last ditch efforts.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's not nearly as bad as many people on here want him to be.
He is full of mistakes that should have been eradicated from his game years ago, he’s been here 6 years

That being says I thought he did well today, especially 2nd half

but before anyone gets carried away Lingard had good games too but ultimately wasn’t good enough

Bobski

Decent performance. You lot are weird. Incapable of assessing performances, game by game. Always so much baggage behind the opinions.
Yep, it is ok to say a player you don't rate had a good game if they had a good game.

Bertie Wooster

I'm perfectly happy with Lindelof as a squad player - 3rd or 4th choice CB, and an option as a rare fill in, say 3rd choice, RB.

He seems to be a decent enough player to have around the squad, and always looks to be trying to give his best. However that 'best' is limited, and he's definitely a tier below the likes of Varane and Martinez.

Ideally, we'd sell Maguire, bring in another CB that's closer to Varane and Martinez level, and have those three and Lindelof as 4 strong options. That's if Lindelof would be happy with battling for his place against such strong competition - he might prefer to be more of a starter elsewhere than 3rd or 4th choice here, and that would be understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.