Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can't remember Lindelof having many better games for United. Maybe Maguire brings out the worst in him? Maybe they bring out the worst in each other?

meamth

He can play fast build up from the back. Having Maguire as his parter who dwells on the ball too long made him look like culprits.

He should partner with Lisandro at the start of next season.

I can't remember Lindelof having many better games for United. Maybe Maguire brings out the worst in him? Maybe they bring out the worst in each other?
Maguire brings out the worst in everybody. Lindelof is a perfectly capable understudy to Varane

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Always thought he was too soft in 1 v 1 situations, and was never decisive enough, but since Ten Hag has been here, he seems to have developed a tougher persona, he made some terrific interceptions, covered behind Shaw excellently, looked a different player when not alongside Maguire.
Lindelof/Shaw CB pairing from now on for me.

Woziak

We certainly should not be selling Victor, he’s easily or 3rd best CB when everyone fit and would start for a lot of European top teams

JustAGuest

Has any of our defenders looked good alongside Maguire?

Acquire Me

Excellent performance from him and perfect penalty. MOTM for me. He should start with Shaw next match.

Stadjer

Has any of our defenders looked good alongside Maguire?
That Martinez hasnt looked bad next to Maguire shows how good Martinez actually is. Lindelof just isnt good enough to not look bad next to Maguire, you have to be really good for that.

Hopefully Lindelof and Shaw become the couple during Varane and Martinez their injuries

RedIan

Silenced a few cafe posters who were calling for him to be sold. Hes a good footballer and a decent defender. A keeper for me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Blessing that Maguire was suspended for this. Lindelof did brilliantly today. Have no issue at all having him be our 3rd choice CB, or 2nd choice at RCB. Hope we just keep Lindelof and Shaw for the next few weeks... Well hopefully they stay fit so we can do so.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Silenced a few cafe posters who were calling for him to be sold. Hes a good footballer and a decent defender. A keeper for me.
I still don’t think he’s a keeper, for me there’s too many glaring deficiencies in his defensive side. I have a feeling he will want to move for first team football anyway

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well done to Victor! Aside from the pen, he also had a good overall performance.

BorisManUtd

Not only he was MotM but probably it’s best game of his United career given the winning penalty.

Cloud7

Looked good today. No surprise that it came when playing with Shaw who has shown himself to be a good LCB.

NoPace

He might want to leave to start somewhere but we have to hang on to him and sign a right-footer to replace Maguire.

LCB: Martinez-Shaw-Lindelof
RCB: Varane-Young RCB-Lindelof

is a very solid depth chart as long as we can get in a quality young player in.

userman

Underrated as a squad option, a competent and adequate backup to Varane. A much better fit to ETHs style of play then Maguire.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag tells BBC One: "On Thursday I saw a team I didn't recognise but today we went back to usual. I could see determination and resilience. We fought for every yard and competed in every battle. We had good chances."

On Victor Lindelof scoring the winning penalty: "He is quite cool when it comes to penalties and he's quite cool in general."

Official cool dude :drool:

Andersons Dietician

Crazy what happens when you remove Maguire. Played well today and then that penalty was fitting of his nickname “The Iceman”

InfiniteBoredom

He’s generally been alright when not paired with Maguire, obviously has an issue with backing off his target but generally has only been occasionally calamitous playing with the latter.

AndyMUFC

Fantastic today and in general this season to be honest. An unsung hero who should definitely be our third choice centre back.

caid

I kind of like him to be honest. I'm pretty happy with him as a squad option.

Kaos

Deserved to get the winning penalty. MOTM, bbc can feck off with arbitrarily awarding it to Caicedo.

criticalanalysis

You could probably count on two or three hands the amount of times the cafe has universally praised him so effusively after a game yet he's been a starter for the best part of 5-6 years with 200+ appearances.

Today he was very good but there's a reason he's been called passive over and over and over again. He has the tools but doesn't use it enough on his own terms. If he finishes the season strongly, then maybe we can reassess.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Finally starting to look like PL defender. How many years we have to wait till some of our players get the right shape of their game ?

He'll be tested heavilly vs City, but if he keeps form, this could actually be interesting to watch.

daveskimufc

Was great today. Had AWB on his side which must help and Luke Shaws speed as a backup. Can't expose him to Maguire any more. I honestly think it should be those lindelof and Shaw for the rest of the season.

United Hobbit

Thought he was fantastic today, the brilliant penalty icing on the cake

I really hope we keep him over hapless Harry - he's obviously someone who needs a calm partner next to him which is why hes also done ok when paired with Licha. Harry makes everyone nervous though

I'd start that back 4 against Tottenham and for the rest of the season unless Varane is available

Status
Not open for further replies.