Victor Mugabe Wanyama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It's unfortunate he chose his worst game of the season for the game that was broadcast on national TV. Never understood judging a player based on very little experience. Go download the Barcelona matches and he'll go from "Mulumbu" to "Makelele" :lol:

Genuinely lol'd at Mulumbu though.
Or he just didn't play well in a high pressure game? Mulumbu is a solid Premier League player by the way. Wanyama still has it all to prove.

Ekeke

Mulumbu is a good player and one of the biggest reasons West Brom have done well this season. Anyway Izaguirre is the one who looks like he should be at a top club

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How did he do against Juventus? Celtic didn't have a chance to begin with but I think this lad is talented enough to play for a big club in the premier league, especially since he is only 21.

Cina

If we're looking for a not overly expensive midfielder than leaves us less reliant on Carrick then he'd be perfect really.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He wasn't as impressive as I've seen him at times, but still did very well. Celtic basically walked all over Juventus for the first half apart from that silly goal, and although he wasn't at the centre of that the way he often is (probably because Celtic were playing so much football in Juve's half, ahead of Wanyama's position), he was very important to it.

I'd still definitely take him at a reasonable price, although only as a squad player. We still have no back-up for Carrick whatsoever, after all.
Exactly. I'm sure some folk didn't actually watch the game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mulumbu is a good player and one of the biggest reasons West Brom have done well this season. Anyway Izaguirre is the one who looks like he should be at a top club
He did do, but hasn't captured his early form he shown at the club.

Wanyama has been far more impressive lately.

Heffo

My opinion of Pogba is obviously not based on the few minutes he played last night...get a grip man!!!
You're quote was "Pogba was miles better than him". That would infer that either you thought Pogba was better than him last night, or that Pogba used to be better than him?

If you weren't talking in relation to last nights match why bring up Pogba at all?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wanyama was terrible last night to be honest. I know the rule is not to form too much judgement from a single performance, but you would struggle to think how any player could go from that to a competent control/passing performance. His ability was really lacking that much.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Evidently. I didn't see any Manchester United player there.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't know his name but I thought Celtic's right back looked pretty good too, he sent in some very good crosses.
Lustig, the Swede. I don't agree with that. Just high balls into the box like most of Celtic's crosses. Their only good chance came after a corner.

red thru&thru

Wanyama had a good game last night.

Clearly he was given the job to sit deep, which he did well.

But from other games i've seen him, when given more licence to attack, he is a very good powerful player.

People forget, when playing in a better team, with better player, you progress further.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's unfortunate he chose his worst game of the season for the game that was broadcast on national TV. Never understood judging a player based on very little experience. Go download the Barcelona matches and he'll go from "Mulumbu" to "Makelele" :lol:

Genuinely lol'd at Mulumbu though.
You think I was judging him? Nah man, you got it all wrong. I gave my impression of him based on little. I said based on little to be clear how little merit there is behind it and maybe someone else would fill me in if my impression was far off or not.

I saw the Barca matches. Typical Barca match where they struggle to score because the other team has 11 men behind ball for 90 minutes and manage to get something out of set pieces. Barcelona don't cross the ball. If they would they would have caused Celtic problems because they probably wouldn't be able to handle a constant bombardment of crosses like Juventus did without getting disorganized. Funnily enough when they did start to cross the ball they managed to score.

I expect a defensive midfielder to play well in a game where he doesn't have to attack at all. Obi Mikel excelled against Barca as well. Wouldn't call him Makelele.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Wanyama was terrible last night to be honest. I know the rule is not to form too much judgement from a single performance, but you would struggle to think how any player could go from that to a competent control/passing performance. His ability was really lacking that much.
Really? I thought he was quite good.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I thought he was pretty good last night. Given the fact he isn't surrounded by top quality players, he used the ball well.

A couple stupid shots from long-range were his only low points, other than that he was clean in the tackle and distributed the ball well enough (given the strength of Juve's midfield and his own teammates general lack of final ball)

Anna_Livia

A jumped up pantry bhoy, who never knew his place.
He played well last night, in a first half that Celtic bossed for the most part. Bossed using a high tempo pressing game and then by keeping the ball on the deck. I genuinely dunno what game some people on here were watching.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
His positional sense was good, but I'm not impressed with his ability in possession, We've already got the likes of Jones who can be a destructive midfielder without much ability in possession. I just don't think it's the kind of player we need. Graft without technique is a waste of time, you end up playing kick and rush football, and personally that's not what I want from United.

Cevno

I am still not sure what people were expecting from him in posession. His touch, control and positional sense is better than Jones too.

He was neat in possession with 90% pass rate and second most passes made in the whole game. Also made 7 out of 8 long balls.

He is better in the midfield on the ball than Jones. Atleast upto Hargreaves level, if not Fletcher and is just 21.

manusteve

I am still not sure what people were expecting from him in posession. His touch, control and positional sense is better than Jones too.

He was neat in possession with 90% pass rate and second most passes made in the whole game. Also made 7 out of 8 long balls.

He is better in the midfield on the ball than Jones. Atleast upto Hargreaves level, if not Fletcher and is just 21.
You rate him as much as Hargreaves and Fletcher? Jeez...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I heard on the radio this morning that Shitty were coming in for him, what a surprise. Buy an emerging talent, that we just happen to have been linked to, & let him sit on the bench without developing him.

I would be happy to see him at United, he's young, he has European experience at the highest level & we can develop him the way he needs.

Would be a big mistake for him to go to Shitty.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Sometimes you see a cow in another field and you think it's better than the cow you've got...
Aye, except your cow's main attributes are stamina and work rate. Our cow is about 14 stone of pure muscle, possesses the same stamina and work rate, can play in different positions and is 8 years younger :smirk:

I like and rate Fletcher really highly unlike many Scottish idiots who think he's shit for the national team. He's shit for the national team because he's playing with and under absolute bellends. I think he's better than Fletcher personally and would thrive playing with better players at United. The impact better teammates and coaching can have on a player shouldn't be ignored.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
After beating Iverness 4-1 in their last match of the season, Glasgow-based Celtic FC were for the second year running crowned Champions of the Scottish Premier League.

Speaking of the victory, Kenyan midfielder Victor Wanyama, who has been with the team since July 2011, said that it has been an exciting season for him.

“I came to Celtic as a virtually unknown Kenyan player and my position in the team has helped me grow both as an individual and as a professional,” said Wanyama.

“On top of that, we have won two consecutive titles in the period and I have gotten the chance to play and win against big teams like Barcelona. My dreams have been achieved at Celtic and I am genuinely happy to be part of this great family.”

Wanyama also appreciated the work that Coach Neil Lennon has put into the team, saying that he has been more of a mentor and friend to them than a coach.

“Lennon has been like a big brother to us, always ensuring that we are comfortable both on and off the pitch. He is definitely one of our biggest motivators,” he added.

Wanyama joined Celtic from Belgian side Germinal Beerschot.

Doesn't seem to be giving much away. Been linked with us, Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Arsenal by the rags this week

Revan

Assumptionman
feck off jake, I though that we had signed him when I saw the thread bumped.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
That was one of the most pointless bumps ever. That 'article' doesn't even remotely talk about his future plans or any transfer. Let's now post articles about what time he showers or what he has for breakfast as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.