Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He chose to leave. Barcelona wanted him to stay.

He's signing a 18 month deal. DDG has 18 months on his contract. Doesn't make sense if we're signing him as Dave's replacement.
You think we'd run DDG's contract down and let him leave on a free? IF he left surely it'd be this summer when we can cash in, or look for some sort of part exchange compensation deal.

Truedevil

I really, really doubt DDG would left all his pals and join his boyhood club's closest rival. It's just not David, he finally has his Spaniard friends at the club, he's back in CL football and also the club is back on track in general.

gza the genius

He chose to leave. Barcelona wanted him to stay.

He's signing a 18 month deal. DDG has 18 months on his contract. Doesn't make sense if we're signing him as Dave's replacement.
Unless Dave leaves this summer, giving us a year to find a younger more long term replacement for him.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
I really, really doubt DDG would left all his pals and join his boyhood club's closest rival. It's just not David, he finally has his Spaniard friends at the club, he's back in CL football and also the club is back on track in general.
Slow down

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Whilst the obvious first thought is, "Oh no!! De Gea might actually leave" when you think about it, De Gea has been the only player to start every game for us this season. He clearly wouldn't if LVG didn't like something about him.

Now, having said that, if we see Valdes creeping into the starting 11 every so often, then we should panic :D

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Every attribute a keeper needs to survive in England he lacks. Feck me imagine him in goals at Stoke.
Lots of keepers struggle under the high ball, it doesn't make them average like you said. He's a great shot stopper, has great distribution and is a really good sweeper keeper. His only real weaknesses were crosses and sometimes concentration imo.

Skills

Snitch
Feck. I voted for only 1 signing in the 'number of signings prediction' poll.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I expect nothing less from legend like Frans Hoek to bring him to his best. The way he handled De Gea's detriments in such short time is a key to our season so far.

Linde should stay. I don't think Louie tested him under big game pressure yet and it's always good to have three decent keepers. Amos should probably move on and find chances as 1st choice keeper somewhere where will suit him.

gza the genius

Whilst the obvious first thought is, "Oh no!! De Gea might actually leave" when you think about it, De Gea has been the only player to start every game for us this season. He clearly wouldn't if LVG didn't like something about him.

Now, having said that, if we see Valdes creeping into the starting 11 every so often, then we should panic :D
If DDG leaves I highly doubt it will be because we want him to.

lem8sh

Lots of keepers struggle under the high ball, it doesn't make them average like you said. He's a great shot stopper, has great distribution and is a really good sweeper keeper. His only real weaknesses were crosses and sometimes concentration imo.
In my opinion if you're weak under the high ball and from crosses you will never be more than an average premier league keeper. These attributes are so vital in English football.

Count Orduck

To me this just makes it even more apparent that DDG is almost certainly off to Real in the summer, but I think we all suspected that anyway.

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I expect nothing less from legend like Frans Hoek to bring him to his best. The way he handled De Gea's detriments in such short time is a key to our season so far.

Linde should stay. I don't think Louie tested him under big game pressure yet and it's always good to have three decent keepers. Amos should probably move on and find chances as 1st choice keeper somewhere where will suit him.
Doubt Lindegaard would sit as third choice.

Reminds me of the story about Begovic turning up to see Gomes, Cudicini and Pletikosa training for Spurs. Why would you want to go through that lot.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Cech is still one of the top 5 keepers in the league in my book... surprised that Arsenal and/or Liverpool didn't make a serious bid for him.
I can't ever imagine he'd be allowed to go to Arsenal. Certainly it'd surprise me though if Liverpool weren't at least trying to get him on loan for the rest of the season or something. I doubt they'd ever be able to sign him, though. He's still more than good enough for a CL club.

Hell, maybe Chelsea will be nice to us and sell him to Real?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool

A goalkeeper in playing every game, shocker. I have no idea whether or not he will leave, but I don't agree with that logic. You do not play a significantly worse player who has no future at the club instead of a good player who is leaving. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face, it would be stupid to do.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
A goalkeeper in playing every game, shocker. I have no idea whether or not he will leave, but I don't agree with that logic. You do not play a significantly worse player who has no future at the club instead of a good player who is leaving. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face, it would be stupid to do.
You jelly, Barney?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Like your keepers yeah?!
Or Chelsea, playing Cech in the odd match?
We even played De Gea in the league cup.

Either way, he'll leave eventually. Just not fully convinced it will be Real

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
An average goalkeeper

Agreed, these people raving about him haven't a clue.

He's really nothing special and was constantly slated by Barca fans. He makes ALOT of errors.

Tbh I'd would've liked to just keep anders as 2.

Jev

A bit worried about this. Either we're not convinced de Gea will renew or LVG actually considers whether Valdes would be better for us. Valdes wouldn't have signed if he didn't think he'd play and it wouldn't make much sense for us to sign such a good second-choice either. Hmm...

If it's Bale plus De Gea for around 30 million and we replace De Gea with Valdes, then I guess that wouldn't be too bad.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed, these people raving about him haven't a clue.

He's really nothing special and was constantly slated by Barca fans. He makes ALOT of errors.
If you're talking about Valdés in 2005 then sure, recent years Valdés was excellent, didn't make many errors and wasn't slated by Barça fans.

Count Orduck

We didn't, and he isn't

What an implosion on here! Mental
You make it sound like there haven't been rumours and rumblings for a while now. People aren't just imploding because of this one piece of news - it's been simmering for a while now, and everything adds up.

I'd love DDG to say, I just don't think he will, and I also don't think I'm the only one.

Kag

His lack of aerial ability is a problem, certainly. He's obviously a good goalkeeper in the grand scheme of things but if De Gea were to leave then I wouldn't be all too confident in Valdes over the course of a season. He does have brilliant attributes elsewhere, it must be said.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
If you're talking about Valdés in 2005 then sure, recent years Valdés was excellent, didn't make many errors and wasn't slated by Barça fans.
Yep, genuinely can't understand how people still see him as some sort of liability. He was one of their key players before he got injured.

Redo91

What do they mean by "direct replacement"? Is it that if De Gea gets injured he is next in line or that if he leaves Valdes will replace him? Personally I don't think De Gea will leave any time soon but it is a bit worrying if it's the latter.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
You jelly, Barney?
Considering what we have in goal, yes.

Like your keepers yeah?!
Or Chelsea, playing Cech in the odd match?
We even played De Gea in the league cup.

Either way, he'll leave eventually. Just not fully convinced it will be Real
Are either of Mignolet or Jones world class? No.
Is Cech an average goalkeeper who is much much worse than Courtois? No.
Neither of those examples work. We (the club, not the supporters) knew Suarez was leaving all of last season apparently. It would be the equivalent of us deciding to play Aspas up front because we knew Suarez was leaving at the end of the season.

Jev

What do they mean by "direct replacement"? Is it that if De Gea gets injured he is next in line or that if he leaves Valdes will replace him? Personally I don't think De Gea will leave any time soon but it is a bit worrying if it's the latter.
Direct replacement would either be De Gea being benched (and LVG being insane) or De Gea leaving for Madrid.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
No even during his last couple of seasons at barca he was making many mistakes and was still slated. He doesn't suit the English game at all.

If he does play I guarantee within a few matches all United fans hearts will skip a beat when we have him in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.