Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
rooney is such a talent. has great balance, vision, desire, determination, strength, finishing and great team-work. but he has many weaknesses. his first touch can be really awful, for example. but he's only 22. he'll peak at 25-27, only then you can judge if he's really world class.
First touch is solely reliant on confidence level. It's frightening how you can fail to control even the slowest and most direct passes when you're low on confidence.
Inversely, you'll start controlling the ball like Bergkamp if you don't think about it. When Rooney starts scoring, we'll see him going past two players with his first touch once more.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
cheers guys, some interesting takes on something that fascinates me. fergie's formula you mentioned the rise of ronaldo..and i do think on some level that will impact rooney a little.

fitness wise i cant agree...dont see that as a problem..i think at the start of the season he was flying that way after a decent pre season for the 1st time in a while. The injuries have knocked him a bit but even fully fit he was a different type of animal to the one we bought.

Fergies Formula

yeh i wasnt sure about the fitness thing, ive only really noticed it since his return, so the likelihood is that he is still rediscovering full fitness, because i have to agree he was buzzing before he got injured, and he was beginning to play naturally and with confidence, the arrogance the that red indian mentioned was creeping in, which i love to see, I just think it is a matter of time before he starts really taking off and if he can go a long spell without injuries he will prove his consistency and start to single handedly tear defences apart again.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Fergies Formula yeh i wasnt sure about the fitness thing, ive only really noticed it since his return, so the likelihood is that he is still rediscovering full fitness, because i have to agree he was buzzing before he got injured, and he was beginning to play naturally and with confidence, the arrogance the that red indian mentioned was creeping in, which i love to see, I just think it is a matter of time before he starts really taking off and if he can go a long spell without injuries he will prove his consistency and start to single handedly tear defences apart again.
I agree 100 percent. Remember the run in last year when we had no Saha and even Ronaldo's form started to dip. Rooney raised his game and the result was a title, a final and a semi final.

scottish_red

yesterdays match only reaffirms my conviction that ronldo isnt worlclass yet. however ill fall short of calling you all idiots because most of you who slated me in this thread probably are american anyway.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
yesterdays match only reaffirms my conviction that ronldo isnt worlclass yet. however ill fall short of calling you all idiots because most of you who slated me in this thread probably are american anyway.
:confused: since when do you judge a player due to one game. You missed all the games he played prior to the spurs game and only watched the shitty game yesterday. Let me guess, you think kaka had a better season than ronaldo last season too.

VP

Ronaldo not world class? If you believe that, then you deserve to be called an idiot.

Who is world class then?

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
yes, i recall him scoring a flurry of tap ins! don't recall brilliant performances!
indeed, he then had the chance to smash the ball and missed the target! That is criminal at this level to miss the target!
So you're saying a position exists for rooney and the great managers in SAF, SGE, Capello have been unable to get the best out of him????????

You sir are an ignorant person, is there no chance of you putting an argument forward without insulting people!!!?????

Oh ye Rooney is shit!!!!!:wenger:

Julian Denny

Of course Rooney's world class. Which international squad wouldn't he get into ?

I think we do rely on him a little too much - certainly for his enthusiasm and inspiration even if not just for the goals. We seem a different side without him. God help us if both he and Ronaldo are out at the same time. It's an issue that Fergie has to address in the summer. Gambling on Saha staying fit has backfired badly - although admittedly offloading Louis when still injured would have been difficult. Still Saha or not we should have gone for the extra man upfront in the January window.

Someone suggested Rooney should be captain in place of the ineffectual Giggs. Not yet - he's not ready but maybe one day. There's no need to force that on him right now.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Of course Rooney's world class. Which international squad wouldn't he get into ?

I think we do rely on him a little too much - certainly for his enthusiasm and inspiration even if not just for the goals. We seem a different side without him. God help us if both he and Ronaldo are out at the same time. It's an issue that Fergie has to address in the summer. Gambling on Saha staying fit has backfired badly - although admittedly offloading Louis when still injured would have been difficult. Still Saha or not we should have gone for the extra man upfront in the January window.

Someone suggested Rooney should be captain in place of the ineffectual Giggs. Not yet - he's not ready but maybe one day. There's no need to force that on him right now.

:nono::nono:

Giggs still brings so much to the game, his vision and experience can turn games around. It's always nice to have a blend of youth and experience....

scottish_red

:confused: since when do you judge a player due to one game. You missed all the games he played prior to the spurs game and only watched the shitty game yesterday. Let me guess, you think kaka had a better season than ronaldo last season too.
Ronaldo not world class? If you believe that, then you deserve to be called an idiot.

Who is world class then?
no ladies, he isnt world class yet. He's well on his way to becoming world class but not yet. He goes missing in the big games more often than not and yesterday was another example. Infact of recent times i only recall the roma matches where he looked his usual self and im going back 3yrs here when im assured he played well in the FA cup final against arsenal, although i never saw the game since i was out of the country. maybe you guys can refresh my memory here

who is world class? ferdinand although he wasnt too great yesterday either.

Julian Denny

:nono::nono:

Giggs still brings so much to the game, his vision and experience can turn games around. It's always nice to have a blend of youth and experience....
Actually I was referring to Giggs' ineffectiveness as captain. However, as I've been saying , Giggs effectiveness as a player has been in serious decline for some time now. Yes of course he does have tremendous experience and I'm sure his positive influence on his team mates is still considerable. He can still do the odd bit on the field and no doubt he remains an important part of the squad but that doesn't mean he should be starting nearly as many games as he does. Perhaps if he wasn't stand in captain - a mistake by Fergie in my view - he wouldn't be.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
no ladies, he isnt world class yet. He's well on his way to becoming world class but not yet. He goes missing in the big games more often than not and yesterday was another example. Infact of recent times i only recall the roma matches where he looked his usual self and im going back 3yrs here when im assured he played well in the FA cup final against arsenal, although i never saw the game since i was out of the country. maybe you guys can refresh my memory here

who is world class? ferdinand although he wasnt too great yesterday either.
I guess guiding your team to the finals of euro cup and semis of the world cup at such a young age is not world class.
:wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger: you're a fecking moron.

Sam

I hate to say I told you so.........but.......errrm, I told you so.

:smirk:

Merman

Do you seriously think those twats will agree with you sam?
Kalou > Rooney

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I guess guiding your team to the finals of euro cup and semis of the world cup at such a young age is not world class.
:wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger: you're a fecking moron.

Wasn't that guy you quoted the genius that admitted Ronaldo was the best in the world but still said he wasn't world class? What an exquisitely stupid specimen of a human being.

Sam

Do you seriously think those twats will agree with you sam?
Kalou > Rooney
*Sighs*

No, probably not. But I really don't care. Wayne Rooney is an absolutely amazing footballer, always has been, always will. I'm sorry, but if you fail to see this, you are blind.

Kanoute >>> Rooney :lol:

pert

Is Dipperstripper serious, I can never tell

REd FUn DevIl

Great game for him. Getting back to goals is always great.

He has always been World Class. I keep seen him play on the left and thats weird but he is just a treat anywhere.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Of course he is. Once he start scoring goals, he will be back to his best.

Showed this season, that when on form, he's the complete striker and that his finishing has improved
He does not have to score goals to be at his best ... we are the top scorers in the division. He does not have to be the 'best' player in our side to prove he is at his best, we have a squad full of world class players.

Lets put this simply, in the past 3 or 4 years, Wayne Rooney would be in the starting XI of almost every other team in the planet.

In SAF's latest generation of 'The United way' Rooney fulfills the role of previous icons like Robson, Whiteside, Cantona, Ince and Keane. As we have debated many a time on this forum in recent months: No Rooney = No United. Yes for me, his is that man and my favourite player.

That is 'best' enough for me

Merman

He does not have to score goals to be at his best ... we are the top scorers in the division. He does not have to be the 'best' player in our side to prove he is at his best, we have a squad full of world class players.

Lets put this simply, in the past 3 or 4 years, Wayne Rooney would be in the starting XI of almost every other team in the planet.

In SAF's latest generation of 'The United way' Rooney fulfills the role of previous icons like Robson, Whiteside, Cantona, Ince and Keane. As we have debated many a time on this forum in recent months: No Rooney = No United. Yes for me, his is that man and my favourite player.

Excellent post

Name Changed

weso26
In my opinion, Wayne Rooney is the best player at United. We cannot play without him. Even if players like Ronnie, Rio & Vidic are out, we can get by without them. Without Rooney, we keep losing. He is the main focal point of the team and is the team's real leader on the pitch. He is the real captain of United.

And is he world class? Damn straight he is.

zain

Believe

Why the feck do more people not have the same attitude towards him like you?!

Brilliant post..

I don't understand how there are some United supporters who cannot absolutely love Rooney.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Rooney is the worst forward in the last 10-15 years at MU and cost the most!!!! 10m more than RvN - that gives an indication of how over-rated he is!
:lol: Jesus fecking Christ.. our worst forward in the last 10-15 years? How old are you? As for the comparison with Ruud... Ruud may have cost ten million less he was also 7 years older, had never played in the Premiership, wasnt English and had just recovered from a cruciate injury... thats not even taking into account fluctuations in the transfer markets between the 2 signings..

RedDevilCanuck

What Rooney needs this summer is a long break from football. He plays virtually every game and plays his heart out for every moment. You don't see him lie on the ground after getting tackled. He gets up right away and usually tries to get the ball back and he will go as far as trying to chop someone's leg off. Injuries hampered his early season and basically he has been trying too hard since the Christmas season. I actually think he has been great this year. His finishing has been poor but every other part of his game is still world class, particularly his passing. I think this season Rooney has established himself as one of the best playmakers in the game. I can't think of anyone who starts so many dangerous attacks than Rooney. Its more than goals and asissts with Rooney. I hope he finished the season strong, gets a trophy or two, then he rests and is refreshed for next. I predict Rooney to score 30 and get 20 assists next year.

RedDevilCanuck

we havent lost a game he's played this season...
This pretty much tells the whole story. Everything else is a side note. There is no coincidences or other reason - United is a MUCH better team with Rooney in it and without him we are toothless, soft and unimaginative.

Sam

Could FK or Berbatov do that? I think not.

fecking get in WAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Sam

Probably:smirk:

Lovely finish
Yes, they could.

Aside from the goal Rooney was distinctly average.

Again.
Like feck they would. They would have gone of the pitch way before that chance arrived. But our soldier Rooney, like always, battled on, through the pain, and scored.

And the reason he was 'average', like the rest of the team, was because of Fergie's fecking inane tactics.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Like feck they would. They would have gone of the pitch way before that chance arrived. But our soldier Rooney, like always, battled on, through the pain, and scored.

And the reason he was 'average', like the rest of the team, was because of Fergie's fecking inane tactics.
I'm sorry, but it is absolute bollocks to suggest Kanoute or Berbatov would not have finished that chance, both are very able finishers. DOn't get me wrong, was a very good finish, but Rooney is not the only striker who could have done it.

Rooney has been average all season bar 5 or 6 games, that has nothing to do with Fergie's tactics. Granted he was carrying a knock today, but I am struggling to remember the last time I watched Rooney have a blinder.

Sam

I'm sorry, but it is absolute bollocks to suggest Kanoute or Berbatov would not have finished that chance, both are very able finishers. DOn't get me wrong, was a very good finish, but Rooney is not the only striker who could have done it.

Rooney has been average all season bar 5 or 6 games, that has nothing to do with Fergie's tactics. Granted he was carrying a knock today, but I am struggling to remember the last time I watched Rooney have a blinder.
You've missed the point again.

Neither Berbatov or Kanoute would have battled through the pain, and been on the pitch, when the chance arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.