Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

He was fantastic tonight. It's as if the ball lights up when he is around. Looking like the most talented english player in a long long time

Sam

The likes of Nani/ Anderson have the potential to emerge as the next big thing after cr7 - and may leave rooney trailing very soon!
Mega Lolzz

Tbf it's very very close between the two. I wouldnt like to call it, but if I had to I'd just edge for Wayne, but thats by the smallest of margins.

In terms of attacking play though, Rooney is by far our most important player imho.

Forever Red

Once again, rooney had all the chances and messed up. But in your mind he's MOM contender??

Stop the rooney-loving!

The likes of Nani/ Anderson have the potential to emerge as the next big thing after cr7 - and may leave rooney trailing very soon!
Someone ban this feckwit, not just for being soooooo wrong but also for refering to Ronaldo as CR7 , makes me fecking cringe
:mad:

Rahul

Definately our best player atm. When him and Ronaldo click, were absolutely unstoppable.

Shame he isn't nominated for the PFA player of the year award. Should really be there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He is such a fantastic player. I love watching him play, he has everything, passion, skill, pace, power, finishing and a footballing brain. I genuinely believe he can become as good as Ronaldo, if not better.

Enigma_87

You know who
Legend.

Ran the show today, I'm running out of superlatives. Involved with everything in the second half. His final ball was top notch. Sublime Beckamesque cross to Ronnie for the third.

It's really not important where you'll put Rooney on the pitch. He's bound to make an impact.

So that's 9 assists and 15 goals in all comps. Hope he can finish the season in style and bang in more than 20.

Gazza

Quite apart from the two crosses for Berbatov and Ronaldo's goals, he also played the sublime pass for Carrick to run onto for the penalty - a move which was almost identical to the Scholes-Carrick combination against Portsmouth.

Up there with Giggs vs Chelsea and Scholes vs Fulham in terms of the best individual performance delivered by a Utd player this season. Inspirational.

AttackingFlair

Legend.

Ran the show today, I'm running out of superlatives. Involved with everything in the second half. His final ball was top notch. Sublime Beckamesque cross to Ronnie for the third.

It's really not important where you'll put Rooney on the pitch. He's bound to make an impact.

So that's 9 assists and 15 goals in all comps. Hope he can finish the season in style and bang in more than 20.
Umm I thought he had 9 assists and 20 goals in all comps..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I'm sure I heard he was on 18 the other day.

Played a part in all 5 goals today. I could keep complimenting him all day.

AttackingFlair

Did Berbatov get an assist when his shot was parried and Park scored against Chelsea? I can't remember, if so then it should count.

Edit: actually it's different I guess because it was Berbatov who had the first shot, but then again he can't have an assist for his own goal...

Name Changed

weso26
Does he play better when pushed out to the wing?
Not particularly. The difference is he is allowed to get into the game. It is ridiculous having Berbatov drop deep all the time leaving Rooney to be standing on his own up front. Rooney needs to be in the game. His best position is still up front but the second striker, not playing as practically a lone striker whilst Berbatov patrols the centre circle.

Merman

Legend.

11 assists and 20 goals in all competitions:confused:

massey

Was fiiing great in the second half when He is on fire their is no player like Him and I include the great ronaldo,He is like two players in one just incredibly strong has more stamina than a fresh 18 year old coming on for the 85th minute and wakes up to cause danger that's the real rooney.

TonyMontana

I still can't believe that some people said he was not the same early this season.

Anduin

20 goals already this season, there is still more to come. Three (?) away from his 100th goal for Manchester United, could be his best season in terms of goals yet. He also scored seven goals for England in 2008/09 (doesn't really matter to most United fans, but obviously to him), so 27 goals is a very good return. Only Ronaldo (23), Anelka (21) and Stevie Starfish (20) managed more or as much in all competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.