Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merman

20 goals already this season, there is still more to come. Three (?) away from his 100th goal for Manchester United, could be his best season in terms of goals yet. He also scored seven goals for England in 2008/09 (doesn't really matter to most United fans, but obviously to him), so 27 goals is a very good return. Only Ronaldo (23), Anelka (21) and Stevie Starfish (20) managed more or as much in all competitions.
He has a better scoring record than all three of them. He's started only 32 games this season.

buckooo1978

makes ya wonder what he would have acheived this season if he had stayed fit - i think he's been our best attacking player this season, including ronaldo

lets hope he can stay fit

AttackingFlair

Not particularly. The difference is he is allowed to get into the game. It is ridiculous having Berbatov drop deep all the time leaving Rooney to be standing on his own up front. Rooney needs to be in the game. His best position is still up front but the second striker, not playing as practically a lone striker whilst Berbatov patrols the centre circle.
Agreed.

Merman

Rooney is the worst forward in the last 10-15 years at MU and cost the most!!!! 10m more than RvN - that gives an indication of how over-rated he is!
:houllier::lol:You're a spastic along with your buddy Karma. You pissed off the usually cool Raven blade

Julian Denny

Rooney is beginning to form a great partnership with Ronaldo as a striking duo. The mistake was to think he could be effective, upfront, with Berbatov. Let the latter play his natural game - ie a deeper position behind the other two.

davisjw

Think he's wasted upfront with Berbatov but we'll never get "the best of Rooney" because he's his best with a player like Ruud and SAF seems over players that just poach.

I'm fine with him on the left so long as he's free to also roam i.e. Ronaldo but then we need Fletcher or Park out there to compensate by running themselves ragged.

By far my favorite player at United for some time. The true heart of a lion; Terry can F off!

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
20 goals already this season, there is still more to come. Three (?) away from his 100th goal for Manchester United, could be his best season in terms of goals yet. He also scored seven goals for England in 2008/09 (doesn't really matter to most United fans, but obviously to him), so 27 goals is a very good return. Only Ronaldo (23), Anelka (21) and Stevie Starfish (20) managed more or as much in all competitions.
Stresses the point, Goals and Assists shouldn’t count much in rating a forward especially in the premiership. This season he is having a better run than C.Ronaldo, forget about starfish Bernaaard.

Merman

Rooney hungry for more goals

Wayne Rooney insists there is still a lot more to come from him.

Although he was denied an appearance in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against old club Everton after being left at home to rest ahead of Wednesday night's Premier League showdown with Portsmouth, it could still be a glittering year for the Manchester United striker.

He said: "I would love to score more goals consistently each year. I am still working on that and hopefully I can improve."

But there is no way the United striker will start taking it easy. He knows there is still plenty to do if he is to fulfil his talent, including scoring a few more goals.

"There is still a lot more to come from me," he said.

Rooney has reached 17 for United already this term, plus another seven for England.

"I am only 23 but I suppose I started off at an early age so I have achieved quite a lot," said Rooney.

"I understand people expect things of me now. I just have to keep playing as well as I can. That is what I must try and do.

"If I can help Manchester United or England win trophies it would be great for me."

Name Changed

weso26
He has nearly ten years at the top level to give to the club. And he will only get better. He is not a player I'd see leaving United unless something outrageous happens. Things are looking good./

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I think he has the potential to be the best player in the world.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he's been our best player this season.
Thats still Vidic for me. Barring a game or two, Vidic has been near perfect. The equivalent of that kind of form for a forward would be Ronaldo's season last year.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Though Rooney hasn't surpassed Ronaldo's season of last year, there's no doubting that his overall play has been considerably better. If Rooney ever goes through a season without getting injured for prolonged periods, I suspect that we'd be witnessing something similar to what Messi has done this year.

Yes, I did just say that.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Though Rooney hasn't surpassed Ronaldo's season of last year, there's no doubting that his overall play has been considerably better. If Rooney ever goes through a season without getting injured for prolonged periods, I suspect that we'd be witnessing something similar to what Messi has done this year.

Yes, I did just say that.
As much as i love Rooney, Messi is phenonanom like a young Ronaldo (Brazil) and Rooney im afraid is not in that bracket only a few ever have been, he's imo more in a Berkamp Zola Henry class and that in itself is awesome and by no means a slur. Best English talent for years ranking alongside a Gazza Shearer Lineker Waddle Barnes Scholes and Hoddle.

AttackingFlair

As much as i love Rooney, Messi is phenonanom like a young Ronaldo (Brazil) and Rooney im afraid is not in that bracket only a few ever have been, he's imo more in a Berkamp Zola Henry class and that in itself is awesome and by no means a slur. Best English talent for years ranking alongside a Gazza Shearer Lineker Waddle Barnes Scholes and Hoddle.
Rooney when he was younger though, you could see him being a "phenomenon" like that.

Julian Denny

We'll see what Messi does at the business end of this season. However, not bad to be ranked with the likes of Bergkamp, Zola and Henry. In other words truely world class. He certainly is amongst the best English talent and what's more at 23 he's still developing. I think he has every chance of being rated ahead of the others you mentioned by the time he's finished.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His omission from the PFA list is a farce. His omission from the PFA team of the season is even worse.

Sam

''I saw my mate, the other day, he said to me he's seen the white pele. so i asked, "who is he?"

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I've had enough of people, including United fans, questioning the boy's talent and class. Well, just to set the record straight, Wayne Rooney is a world class footballer, and the best England have had since Gazza.

That is all. Thank you.
was there ever any doubt?

AttackingFlair

He hasn't been in the PFA team of the year since 2005, right? He'll surely be in it this time round and hopefully win POTY.

Ole'sbodyguard

Rooney is in great form at the moment.

Nice to see if you look at his goal return is that he scoring in the big games and against the lesser/mid table sides. No problem that the bulk of the goals have come against such opposition, Ronaldo was the master at that, but he also has 2 against City, 1 against Arsenal, 1 against Chelsea in the CS and one against Spurs so his overall contribution in terms of winning games has been magnificent.

If he keeps this going for the remainder of the season he's got to be candidate for top three in the big individual awards and a candidate for player of the season which would be a big step in his individual career.

Sc40les

Better Premier League goal return (goals per game) than every striker who currently plays in England except for Torres, if my stats are correct.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Nice to see him scoring with a few headers

forrie_x

In past years he's gone on scoring runs like this, but gone missing just as long as if someone flicked a switch.
Hopefully he can keep up a consistancy with his scoring, and the rewards will come, both for the club and himself...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This thread wouldn't have been bumped if it wasn't for Nani and Giggs. Two amazing crosses.
You're missing the point mate.

Right place, right time. He scored and won the game. That's all that matters.

Technique doesn't win matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.