g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | 2007-10 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

20le_Solskjaer

I'm sorry, but it is absolute bollocks to suggest Kanoute or Berbatov would not have finished that chance, both are very able finishers. DOn't get me wrong, was a very good finish, but Rooney is not the only striker who could have done it.

Rooney has been average all season bar 5 or 6 games, that has nothing to do with Fergie's tactics. Granted he was carrying a knock today, but I am struggling to remember the last time I watched Rooney have a blinder.
You'll see it on Tuesday, Now quit doubting the lad

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You've missed the point again.

Neither Berbatov or Kanoute would have battled through the pain, and been on the pitch, when the chance arrived.
You said in your original post neither could have scored the chance, I said they could. Battling through the pain barrier and injuring yourself more is just a tad silly in my opinion.

You'll see it on Tuesday, Now quit doubting the lad
Nothing would please me more than seeing Wayne send us through on Tuesday. I am simply stating how he has been this year.

Sam

You said in your original post neither could have scored the chance, I said they could. Battling through the pain barrier and injuring yourself more is just a tad silly in my opinion.
I said, 'could they do that?', talking about staying on the pitch, fighting through the pain, and scoring.

And they couldn't.

Sam

IF you're so arrogant as to say there is absolutely no chance of that happening, then so be it.
You know a player like Berbatov wouldn't have gone through the pain barrier like Rooney did today.

CantonaVeron

I know if Berbatov was playing for Man Utd he would have had a better season than Rooney has had this season.
Rooney has been excellent this season get off your transfer loving horse, ask Ferguson who he'd rather have, infact ask all the premiership managers.

Excellent finishing today from Wanye thats the only thing thats been missing this season, maybe he needs the pain to stop thinking when he's clean through, no fancy chips, no slow placement just blast it into the corner.

Sam

I know if Berbatov was playing for Man Utd he would have had a better season than Rooney has had this season.
Before today, every game that Rooney hasn't played in the League, we've lost.

If that doesn't tell you how important he is to us, there is no hope.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Rooney has been excellent this season get off your transfer loving horse, ask Ferguson who he'd rather have, infact ask all the premiership managers.

Excellent finishing today from Wanye thats the only thing thats been missing this season, maybe he needs the pain to stop thinking when he's clean through, no fancy chips, no slow placement just blast it into the corner.
You must have been watching a different Rooney this season.

Before today, every game that Rooney hasn't played in the League, we've lost.

If that doesn't tell you how important he is to us, there is no hope.
Stats can be manipulated to suit your argument. Rooney is a key member of our squad no doubt, but this season he has been below-par compared to what his potential really is.

Why people refuse to criticise Rooney is beyond me.

skivandam

Rooney worldclass?

Until Rooney dominates a european came against a big european side like Milan, Barcelona etc he will not be regarded as world class in my eyes.

Look at the way Messi played against us, see the difference.

Rooney is one of my favourite players for Manchester United behind Ronaldo but I don't feel he may ever reach the levels of Ronaldo, Zidane, Pele, Maradona etc.

CantonaVeron

You must have been watching a different Rooney this season.
You obviously watch Spurs with more interest than Utd, his movement, creativity and general play have all been excellent which is why he's missed so much when he is not there. Only slight problem he has had this year has been his finishing if you can't see that you know nothing about football. You talk about why people don't like critising him why shoudl I critise one of our best players?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You obviously watch Spurs with more interest than Utd, his movement, creativity and general play have all been excellent which is why he's missed so much when he is not there. Only slight problem he has had this year has been his finishing if you can't see that you know nothing about football. You talk about why people don't like critising him why shoudl I critise one of our best players?
Look, I haven't said he has been shit have I? Yes, of course he has contributed, that there is no doubt, but to say he has been excellent/superb etc is just plain silly. Go back to 2004/2005/2006 and the first half of 2007, that was Wayne Rooney, this season he hasn't reached those heights. His finishing has been piss poor, he has been injury prone this season and has only had 5 or 6 games were he has played really, really well.

Merman

Rooney worldclass?

Until Rooney dominates a european came against a big european side like Milan, Barcelona etc he will not be regarded as world class in my eyes.

Look at the way Messi played against us, see the difference.

Rooney is one of my favourite players for Manchester United behind Ronaldo but I don't feel he may ever reach the levels of Ronaldo, Zidane, Pele, Maradona etc.
Yeah, other than outshining Kaka's great performance at OT.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Has had some games under his belt now and should be fully fit after yet another short pre season. I thought he was good in the Chelsea match. He was our most dangerous attacker all game, made some nice passes (as usual) and a couple nice runs and stripped john terry of the ball and Berbs blew the chance to play in Park.
With Ronaldo back, Rooney's season starts on Saterday. A goal will settle him and his confidence will be sky high. And when that happens, watch out!

reddevilcanada

It'll be interesting to see how he does this season with Berbatov in the squad. I just hope he stays injury-free, because he's never the same player for a while after his comeback.

Sam

I love bumping this thread :D

Btw, :lol::lol::lol: @ Mithun and co, must brake there hearts everytime Rooney scores.

Oh and Elvis, we really did get quite angry with one another, must have been before we realised our true love.

Sam

How you feeling Mithun? Must have been hard to take today. ;)

Rahul

That would have been one hell of a goal if he scored late on. I was willing him to shoot early. World class performance though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He is a consistent player, just not a consistent goal scorer.
I can see this turning into a very stupid argument.

He's an inconsistent player as well as an inconsistent goalscorer.

In the last 4 or so games he's been poor in terms of goalscoring and all round play.

Merman

I can see this turning into a very stupid argument.

He's an inconsistent player as well as an inconsistent goalscorer.

In the last 4 or so games he's been poor in terms of goalscoring and all round play.
Lets leave it here

Rahul

I'm with Brwned on this one. fecking fantastic player no doubt. I just don't think he's world class YET tbh.

Was a world class performance though

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Well world class should mean in the world squad of 18.

3 Strikers.

I think Rooney is currently about the 5th or 6th best striker in the world.

Brwned

Yep that's how I'd put it as well FortBoyard.

Cheers for the stream by the way mate, worked perfectly.

lucius

wayne is an excellent player. he is a world class striker, but i know no other striker who is as selfless as wayne. he is the best team player as a hard-working top class striker, by far.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Well world class should mean in the world squad of 18.

3 Strikers.

I think Rooney is currently about the 5th or 6th best striker in the world.
Bit of a simplistic way of viewing it IMO. What if we had for example Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano, Van Basten, Law, Ronaldo, Dixie Dean, Eusebio, Rossi, Muller etc all playing at the same time? Would some of those stop being world class? There are only few strikers better than Rooney and those that are, are only marginally better so to rule him out of being world class based on some bizarre and flawed formula is a bit naive. There are plenty of managers who would pick him in their world 18 anyway. Like the greatest living manager in recent history for example

Brwned

Quality performance when he came on today, and surprisingly enough he was leading the line.

Where most of his best performances have come for us - Arsenal, Milan etc.

The leadership qualities he shown today just topped it off, and he doesn't just track back unnecessarily any more, he tracks back with a purpose and that happened on a few occasions today. Really highlights his complete awareness of what's going on around him, just like in the City match.

EricaNo7

Quality performance when he came on today, and surprisingly enough he was leading the line.

Where most of his best performances have come for us - Arsenal, Milan etc.

The leadership qualities he shown today just topped it off, and he doesn't just track back unnecessarily any more, he tracks back with a purpose and that happened on a few occasions today. Really highlights his complete awareness of what's going on around him, just like in the City match.
he was excellent today

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His movement and positioning have improved even more. I cant remember the last time he was in an offside position

Fergies Formula

His movement and positioning have improved even more. I cant remember the last time he was in an offside position
he was flagged offside once today for sure, maybe twice :angel::D

But i agree his movement and positioning are getting better and i think berbatov is beginning to really understand rooney and i think he thrives on playing there and with berbatov

Sam

He almost single-handedly kept us in the Champions League tonight.

The boy is a genious, our most important player by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.