g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Adebesi said:
1) If you cut him, he bleeds red. That is a very useful trait for a player to have.
Oh come on - we all know he's a Blue at heart, and is only playing elsewhere for the betterment of his career.

Adebesi said:
He is human (as opposed to dancer).
:lol:

Adebesi

And we did, when Cantona was disillusioned with football and wanted away, we made him captain and got another season out of him. Dont think there is scope for points scoring against City on this one to be honest.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this about the twitter thing but supposedly Rooney is not the only Nike sponsored player to have done this to his twitter account. Cleverly is one name that has popped up, some claims that there are players on other teams who also have done this, but no names given.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Personally I think it's crucial we keep him, unless we strengthen significantly somewhere else. He's the creative hub of the team, and though his presence seems to mostly keep us from playing a 433, without him in the center of the attack we seem to struggle.

Adebesi

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this about the twitter thing but supposedly Rooney is not the only Nike sponsored player to have done this to his twitter account. Cleverly is one name that has popped up, some claims that there are players on other teams who also have done this, but no names given.
Cleverley is leaving?

feck, now its a crisis.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Getting rid of Rooney and bringing in a proper CM will improve this team significantly.

Rooney is replaceable and I really don't care if he leaves.

RVP >>>>>>>> Rooney

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I want him to stay because despite how annoying this whole thing is, he's a fantastic player to watch, let alone for United. On his day, he can be unplayable and a bit of a genius. Admittedly, we haven't seen those days much this season, partially because of RVP. I don't really blame him for wanting to leave - before this season, he was a name that would always be on the team sheet, regardless of his performance from the previous match.

I suppose he is replaceable; but I would still prefer it if he stays. With that being said, a part of me just wants him to leave because I don't really want a player at United who aren't 100% committed, same with Nani. It would give Kagawa more chances in his favored position, as well as giving Hernandez and Welbeck more game time.

As long as we sell him abroad, I won't have any complaints. Maybe offer him to Spurs and maybe £10m or so for Bale, but I highly doubt that it'll happen.

Widnes

I wanted to keep him because I honestly think he is our best player, but 2010 took a long time to forgive and I don't think doing it a second time is forgivable so it is time to move him on I think. Can't have him having tantrums all the time then getting rewarded for it, he is a fantastic player but has let us down to often now & the funny thing is at the end of his career he will be the one who regrets it when he realises he cost himself the chance to be a club legend & record ever goal scorer at the biggest club in England and arguably the world as that is the kind of thing that cements your place in history.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
^

I take it you'd be happy with United paying a good 60% of his wages whilst playing for Tottenham then? Is Bale really worth 300k plus per week?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Getting rid of Rooney and bringing in a proper CM will improve this team significantly.

Rooney is replaceable and I really don't care if he leaves.

RVP >>>>>>>> Rooney
Going off this season, RvP has clearly been the better player, you are not wrong about that. But I wonder if you thought this way while RvP was still at Arsenal?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Going off this season, RvP has clearly been the better player, you are not wrong about that. But I wonder if you thought this way while RvP was still at Arsenal?
I did hold that opinion Before we got Rvp.

And Rooney wouldn't suit barca IMO, despite xavi's comments from a couple of years back.

Drifter

American
Whether he stays or goes, he's at a huge crossroads in his career.He can either kick on and rediscover his form or fade away.Personally i feel he needs a change of scenery.

Summit

New banner going up at OT. Make of it what you will.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Of course none of you did.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
New banner going up at OT. Make of it what you will.

on the right of the image is a picture of Ferguson punching Rooney square on the jaw, hence the grimace.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"To buy these players, continue to our website. Paypal accepted."

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Is there any evidence that he actually wants out or is this all rumours at the minute?
Considering the boss is retiring, anything regarding the future of players will probably be put off until the dust settles and the emotions are out.

At this point it is just rumours, but at the same time we've not got anything to suggest that he doesn't want out.

Dresilved

@Summit.

Did you take this picture, what time, is it finished yet? I can’t image the PR/marketing departments letting this graphic get installed if there is a chance is going?…. would be very embarrassing, strange!

Summit

@Summit.

Did you take this picture, what time, is it finished yet? I can’t image the PR/marketing departments letting this graphic get installed if there is a chance is going?…. would be very embarrassing, strange!
I got if off twatter mate. It is apparently being put up as we post.

Moriarty

If he goes, so be it. I still remember how Fergie reacted at that press conference during the last shenanigans over Rooney wanting a transfer. Fergie was visibly upset. A lot of United fans of my acquaintance haven't forgiven or forgotten that, so I won't beat my breast in anguish if Rooney leaves. No player is irreplaceable.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Park was part of our banner for the Summer your last season. After he was sold, he was replaced.

So - means nothing that he's on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.