Wayne Rooney arrested for drink driving | Two-year driving ban

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Firstly, what's he doing going on an all-day binger? Professional my arse. Secondly, that is one of the few things he could do that instantly makes me lose all respect for him. He has not even a trivial excuse, the guy is rich enough where a taxi is an irrelevant expense. Complete twat, I hope he gets the book thrown at him, which he sadly won't. You should serve prison time for drink driving.
Maybe he is like the queen and doesn't carry money with him.

IWat

it was her car....not even his. I'm not judging as it might be he was that pissed and he thought it was a nice gesture to drive a girl home who was more drunk than him - If the stories as of 30 minutes ago are true - but what tool worth £xm doesn't just pay for a taxi to take someone home rather than drive a car they're not insured is just crazy.
While he's a twat. I expect he has an insurance policy where he is insured on other vehicles.

LoneStar

Safer to drive high from weed than drunk from alcohol, I'll give you that. I'm a long term smoker, and I personally would say smoking slows down my reflexes. Which IMO, makes it unsafe to drive.
I simply think it's effects vary widely from person to person and also the weed itself. I feel completely fine while driving, albeit a lot more cautious.

Amokachi

Everton Fan
It's just as well we didn't spend all summer looking for a centre-forward and never ended up signing one, otherwise we would be relying on Rooney to score the goals when his minds likely to be elsewhere.

Reactions: Brwned

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Does that amount of alcohol produce a statistically significant increase in the likelihood of a driver having an accident, or is this just another example of liberal puritanism?

If people are a danger to others they shouldn't be on the road, but we should base that determination on facts. Is there any real evidence that someone who's had a pint of beer in the last few hours is significantly more likely to crash his car?

I don't know the answer to that question by the way.
Jesus, I thought you were smarter than that

Usually I go along with some of your views in the CE forum, but this is just stupid

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I simply think it's effects vary widely from person to person and also the weed itself. I feel completely fine while driving, albeit a lot more cautious.
I agree that weed makes everyone more cautious rather than more confident (as with alcohol), but I would advise you not to drive under the influence of weed.

It does affect your reaction time, and you could still injure someone (or worse) at 30mph, even at 20mph, especially a little kid, who are small and more delicate to injury, think about that.

If you wanna get stoned and travel on wheels - do it on a push bike if you must, don't involve a motor vehicle into the equation, there's literally no need. Think of the worse case consequence mate, and think of the best - clear mind, and money saved from less weed smoked.

Or get a push bike and get some exercise as well.

Doubt you'll take any notice, but I hope you do.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whether you feel fine is irrelevant really, that doesn't stop it from impairing your ability to drive. As with drink driving it's an extremely stupid, selfish and cnutish thing to do.

Also, if you're caught it won't matter a jot whether there's even the slightest evidence of impairment.

Last edited:

manunited1919

It's not really about your ability to feel normal while under the weed. If you are ever in an accident, let's say because a biker without lights makes a mistake and strays onto your right of way, the first thing police will want to do is a blood test. Whether you are impaired or not is irrelevant. You will end up looking at a possible conviction for involuntary man slaughter, and your life will be completely different from that point forward.

So yes, think.

Will Absolute

Jesus, I thought you were smarter than that

Usually I go along with some of your views in the CE forum, but this is just stupid
In fairness to myself, I'm not claiming that alcohol doesn't seriously impair reflexes and judgement.

I'm just wondering if there's any evidence that the small intake represented by a blood alcohol level of .2 significantly increases the risk of accident. People, individually or collectively, are not rational, and have a tendency to go to extremes.

Sylar

The people crucifying him without any facts or proof. A lot different from how you just tried to portray it and hence why people with pitchforks tend to go around in groups of collective ignorance.

If he is over the limit and just left the pub after 5 or 6 crucify him, once you have proof. You don't. No one does yet. Still however we have people calling him a moron for it and he should have the book thrown at him.

I haven't checked the papers since this morning but last I saw nothing said he had failed a breathalizer test.
Or... imagine those blindly defending him coming up with different types of scenarios that would excuse his behaviour.
Whilst I agree you need proof to damn somebody, equally, in certain situations, going the total opposite way is not the way to go as you can end up looking foolish.

Red_toad

Influence can mean anything from drugs to lack of sleep. It's been proven that lack of sleep is just as dangerous and drinking and driving. All I said was its safer to smoke pot and drive than DD. Btw most of the people seem to agree with this, so no, its not my perspective.
You're advocating driving under the influence, which you have stated as affecting your driving ability. I care not which is worse or how it affects anyone. I'm simply pointing out that everyone affected by anything can state they think they're fine. Whilst it's against the law for a reason.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was on a night out and tried to drive home at 2am. This is what' s being reported. There's not much room for manoeuvre there.
I'd bet he's done it a few times before too. Not many just do it out of the blue do they?

It's really stupid to be drinking publicly (there's photos of him with fans that night), then hopping into a car when you're Rooney, isn't it? Way more chance of someone reporting you if they see you getting into a car and falling into any potential lurking paparazzi's lap. Just stupid all round.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was on a night out and tried to drive home at 2am. This is what' s being reported. There's not much room for manoeuvre there.
I'd bet he's done it a few times before too. Not many just do it out of the blue do they?

It's really stupid to be drinking publicly (there's photos of him with fans that night), then hopping into a car when you're Rooney, isn't it? Way more chance of someone reporting you if they see you getting into a car and falling into any potential lurking paparazzi's lap. Just stupid all round.
According to some study I read before, an average drunk driver in the US has drunk driven on around 80 occasions prior to their first arrest and a third of those arrested are repeat offenders.

LoneStar

I agree that weed makes everyone more cautious rather than more confident (as with alcohol), but I would advise you not to drive under the influence of weed.

It does affect your reaction time, and you could still injure someone (or worse) at 30mph, even at 20mph, especially a little kid, who are small and more delicate to injury, think about that.

If you wanna get stoned and travel on wheels - do it on a push bike if you must, don't involve a motor vehicle into the equation, there's literally no need. Think of the worse case consequence mate, and think of the best - clear mind, and money saved from less weed smoked.

Or get a push bike and get some exercise as well.

Doubt you'll take any notice, but I hope you do.
I don't normally smoke up and drive. But I have tried it and was merely pointing out that it's safer than alchohol. Point taken. Cheers.

mu4c_20le

It's not a question of what I think or have done. You're advocating that it's safer to drive after smoking pot, than having a drink.
You're advocating driving under the influence, which you have stated as affecting your driving ability.
Well done moving your own goalposts. We get it, all drugs are outlawed where you are from and this is probably still the devils lettuce to you. I dont believe anyone has said it is a good idea to be under any sort of influence when driving, no need for the pitchforks.

Red_toad

Well done moving your own goalposts. We get it, all drugs are outlawed where you are from and this is probably still the devils lettuce to you. I dont believe anyone has said it is a good idea to be under any sort of influence when driving, no need for the pitchforks.
Sorry but where's my pitch fork? My goal posts are secure thanks. I must assume you've had a few toots today, as it's affecting your ability to comprehend.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I don't normally smoke up and drive. But I have tried it and was merely pointing out that it's safer than alchohol. Point taken. Cheers.
I do agree with you on that, and didn't mean to sound preachy, everything you've said in here I actually understand your points and you've come across like a sound fella.

Stoned people are generally good people, quiet people, and gentle people (certainly compared to alcohol, by far). And like I said, push bikes and weed can be a truly wonderful thing.

You just don't wanna feck around with motors and reaction times, the consequences are just so deceivingly huge.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I bet he pushed the cops out of the way 'cos he wanted to take the breathalyser himself.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This is one thing I also can't understand. You're in the spotlight. Tabloids are just waiting for something like this. If you really want to take the night off, just have a private party, drink and go home in the morning.

Or I don't know wear a Batman suit... How daft he looked on few occasions, maybe he would go for the second option.

I bet he pushed the cops out of the way 'cos he wanted to take the breathalyser himself.
He also told the coppers he'll take all the penalties
:lol:

Red Stone

I hear they pulled him over because he kept passing over to the right side of the road.

Jacko21

There's a few bars and restaurants in and around Hale, Altrincham, Wilmslow that are frequented by footballers and the owners/managers have learned to be discreet and act as chaperones. In turn, said footballers keep coming back. Everyone's happy.

See Wayne, this is what happens when you go off-piste - there is nobody looking out for you.

Camilo

That's not how it works.
One average (average weight/height), your body can process 1 drink per hour. 1 drink generally equals .02 BAC. The legal limit where I live is .08, so if you have 2-3 drinks over a 2-4 hour timespan, you should have nothing to worry about.
I would like to point out that this is absolutely not how it works.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Face plastered all over the papers and the woman has already sold her story to the Sun.
Idiot.

Zoo

So if the papers are right it wasn't even his car he was driving but some strangers who he had no insurance on. Ridiculous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So if the papers are right it wasn't even his car he was driving but some strangers who he had no insurance on. Ridiculous.
Also looks like Colleen will want an explanation.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
“It’s been a mad few hours.

“We were just driving and then there was just blue flashing lights behind us. Wayne was pi**ed right off. And really worried about it.

“I didn’t know what to make of it, it all happened so fast. It was a whirlwind. I don’t know if it’s because I was that drunk but he didn’t seem that drunk to me.

“I got to the bar around 10pm. He introduced himself with his mate and we sat down and had a talk and had a laugh.

“We had three bottles of prosecco and a couple of vodkas between us.

“Then we left. I got taken out the front, while the taxi I got put in was made to go around the back of the bar to pick Wayne up.

“We got the taxi to go and pick up my car, we picked up my car.

“I was too drunk to drive and as it was just me and him he offered to drive. I don’t really know where we were planning on going.

“I couldn’t even tell you where we got picked up because I was quite drunk. We were sharing bottles of wine and because we were sat down it just hits you a little bit harder doesn’t it.

“The police didn’t take a statement from me.

“I didn’t have any involvement with the police side of things they kept me well away.

“The police drove my car to my friend’s house where I was meant to be staying that night — and where I ended up staying.

“I think them taking it to my friend’s was down to Wayne to be honest. I wasn’t in the car, they took him out of the car and I didn’t see him again.

“It’s been a mad few hours. A lot of people are trying to get in touch with me. My poor car’s been slated on Twitter.

"People have been joking he deserved to be arrested for driving a VW Beetle.

“I love my car. It’s ten years old. It’s not the best, but it has a soft top roof.”
The full quotes from the woman he was with

He's always seemed to display self destructive behaviour with sex, booze and gambling. If he doesn't seek help his post it will get very messy.

United will have protected him as much as possible over the years. He's out on his own now and i fear he'll get worse. But hopefully this will be a wake up call

Eddy_JukeZ

So idiotic.

Hopefully he's learned a lesson.

Driving while drunk is completely unacceptable. Should be heavily punished IMO.

El Zoido

Is this a woman he knows or someone he picked up? It's a bit weird.