Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Contrary to Brazilian and other continental players, I can't imagine him going to China.
His family is happy, kids got their grandparents, they got a future ahead of them.
Rooney strikes me as a player who likes being settled. And he's not earning small money neither.
Having lived in china I gotta say, it's something that is completely different and very hard to adapt to. If Rooney travels to china, I'm not sure he'd get the family with him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he'll comfortably sign a new contract within the next 2 years.
The chances that he'll be offered one are negligible.
Personally, I'm pretty confident that he's off.

Castia

Will take a pay cut and finish off at Everton imo.

predator

Youth NITK
I'd be surprised if he does go back to Everton. I've never understood the view that he will because he's a 'massive fan'.
I can't see him going to China due to the cultural differences etc.
He's done the hardwork in his football career tbh. I reckon he'll go to the MLS where he can bring his family and also demand a high wage.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
MLS for me. Can't see him moving to China, America seems like the most likely step. I can't see any other leagues/teams matching his current wages.

Castia

Why would Everton want him back? His best bet is the MLS or China.

Didn't Koeman already comment on 'liking' Rooney earlier in the season? If he'd take a reasonable pay cut I think they'd have him back in a heartbeat.

It's Everton we're talking about here mate they still have Lennon, Barry and Kone in their squad, Rooney would be a decent addition other than Lukaku they have feck all up front.

drdoityourself

Replacing Lukaku with Rooney would be Koeman's downfall. Fielding this current version of Rooney, as a lone striker in a team that has relied heavily on it's striker since Lukaku came, Everton are in for a shock.

I don't see him going to China so he should go to the MLS. I can't see it working out at Everton, he's lost to much to be the guy they want and need him to be.
Even if he's to play as an AM, the touches are fewer than at a top club and probably more running and defensive responsibility. A guy who's touch is questionable and fitness declining, I just can't see him doing good at Everton.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's 'ill' quite a lot.

Always surprises me how these super fit footballers seem to contract viruses so often. ;)

To be fair they are around thousands of people every week :p

After not being ill for about 18 months, I started working at a uni and now get ill on the reg. But yeah, it's probably an excuse for other reasons.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Here. Van Gaal will come back and give him a 10-year deal.

But seriously, I think he will stay until the end of his contract and has a shot at 1-year extension after that. I doubt he wants to move anywhere, we are stuck with the contract that Moyes gave to him.
I swear to god if the club activate their option for an extension I will personally burn OT to the ground.

Water Melon

Think he will see his contract out and then be off to MLS.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It is finished anyway. He isn't a better option than anyone for England.
How is that then? He is still getting picked...

I'm sure he doesn't think it's finished, as he's still getting picked.

Whether he should be is a whole different debate, but as things stand he is England captain and I'd wager he is in with a more than decent chance of being picked in the next major tournament.

We all might think he's done..But Rooney and Southgate don't seem to. If Southgate wasn't going to pick him why is he still captain?

Zen

I genuinely struggle to believe Rooney would last more than 10 days in China before getting home sick. Didn't Stevie complain about it in America? Though it's clearly a bit more tolerable in the MLS for them, so yeah maybe there, then Australia. But if he's forced out, I think he'll try and get the Everton gig, they'll need an elder statesmen to replace Barry anyway.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I genuinely struggle to believe Rooney would last more than 10 days in China before getting home sick. Didn't Stevie complain about it in America? Though it's clearly a bit more tolerable in the MLS for them, so yeah maybe there, then Australia. But if he's forced out, I think he'll try and get the Everton gig, they'll need an elder statesmen to replace Barry anyway.
He will have plenty of offers from England and across Europe...

Skills

Snitch
Surely if he wants to start at the world cup he'll need to move for regular football in the summer?

I mean rashford wasn't selected because he was benched by us. Same should apply for Rooney

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wherever he goes, I genuinely wish him well. I'm just hoping that he's part of a major cull next season. For the wages we're shelling out on players, I'd like to see a better return and better quality.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
How is that then? He is still getting picked...

I'm sure he doesn't think it's finished, as he's still getting picked.

Whether he should be is a whole different debate, but as things stand he is England captain and I'd wager he is in with a more than decent chance of being picked in the next major tournament.

We all might think he's done..But Rooney and Southgate don't seem to. If Southgate wasn't going to pick him why is he still captain?
Correct me if wrong, but isn't he still the United Captain?

Things change mate, when Southgate decided Rooney was in the team, it was before he was dropped for United. He may look in a different direction now he realises how much he's declined.

stepic

Doubt he goes to Everton. I doubt they'd even want him. I think China is definitely an option. They would probably pay him more than Ronaldo and Messi to get him out there. As much as Rooney isn't cultural, he does know how to earn a buck.

RedMaestro

Wouldn't be surprised if Milan would try to get Rooney. They have a history of bringing in "old" players and Ibra has probably said what a nice country Italy is and that Milan is professional club that takes care of it's players.

So if money isn't the most important thing for Wayne, then AC Milan is a realistical move. I don't think he'll stay in the PL, so MLS or China will be his only other choices. But I say, Milan...

m1y2

Going to China or MLS would pretty much finish his England career.

So can't see that at all.
he's finished very nearly anyway, he will hardly start for the national team and will be phased out within a year anyway, then he will call it a day as he will not want to be a sub forever, the same can happen with United,we wil definitely buy griezmann or some other worldie and there is not many position he can move to, he will probably call it a day himself and try his luck in the US or Everton, if they want him but they would be really silly as he's not of premier league quality anymore..

Cant wait we finally get rid of him, there will be more playing minutes for players who deserve it and need it like Martial so they can get into form..

can't see him going to China at all

m1y2

btw guys do you know why he didnt even make the team against leicester, any injury or absent with cards? Would be only a good sign that things are moving forward if it was due to quality reasons

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
It'll be a big moment when/If he leaves. Hes been great for you, despite his...past.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He'll be gone in the summer if he has any ambitions of being a regular starter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
btw guys do you know why he didnt even make the team against leicester, any injury or absent with cards? Would be only a good sign that things are moving forward if it was due to quality reasons
Missed the game due to illness

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He'll go to America, if he's to leave England. He has a young family and there's just no part of me that believes he'll want to make the move to China. I'm baffled people actually think he would go there.
Serious question, what's wrong with China?

Womp

idiot
Serious question, what's wrong with China?
Nothing in particular, but considering his family are all grown up and have lived their whole lives in England it'd be a massive culture shock for them. The food, the language, culture etc. wouldn't suit them imo.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Nothing in particular, but considering his family are all grown up and have lived their whole lives in England it'd be a massive culture shock for them. The food, the language, culture etc. wouldn't suit them imo.
Yes and no. He could live a 100% western life in China. Would be possible (but not simple) for you or I. Almost guaranteed in his position.

Never learn any language, eat the same food every day, kids would go to an English school.

Rooney doesn't seem like the type that would immerse himself in the culture of another country. It'd be pretty easy to transplant (heh) his current lifestyle to China for a pair of years. Would probably be a great experience for the kids too.

predator

Youth NITK
I think he'd be offered the highest wage of any footballer out there if he was to go to China. He's more marketable at the end of the day.

If we're going to talk about whether he'd move over there we may as well ask Coleen. I bet she has the final say in it. It turns into gossip magazine speculation. My view is that they know they don't need the extra 500k a week to maintain a lavish life, they'd prefer the states or even move back to Merseyside for Everton ( I strongly doubt that aswell).

They've got 3 young kids, they're not strapped for cash, they don't come across as well cultured. They might even go for it but I think they would struggle to adapt to life in China tbh, from my experience in the place and that was not a negative experience at all - I was fascinated by the place but a family like the Rooney's probably wouldn't feel the same way :lol:

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
I'd love to experience a new culture for a couple of years and be paid ridiculous amounts of money for it. I think a lot of us would love that.

Why are we assuming that wouldn't be the case for Rooney? Just because he sounds a bit thick in interviews? Serious question.

surf

I'd love to experience a new culture for a couple of years and be paid ridiculous amounts of money for it. I think a lot of us would love that.

Why are we assuming that wouldn't be the case for Rooney? Just because he sounds a bit thick in interviews? Serious question.
Why not remain at United, one of the best clubs in the world, while he still can? He has the big-money contract for the next two years.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Nothing wrong except it's China. Why not just stay at United, trouser the money and pick up a few more trophies as a squad player?
I was asking from the point of view that it's unfavourably compared to a move to Everton or the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.