Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

Nowhere is a shithole when you are a millionaire.
Agreed, but traveling from city to city, the smoggy air etc...

But I totally see your point, won't exactly be in a shanty town, it would be tough on the social and family life

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rooney doesn't need the money. He's already richer than he ever needs to be, what else would a couple extra million help?

Moving to America will be much better for his family, he will still get paid handsomely and play in a half decent team.

If he moves to China It will only be for an INSANE amount of money. Sure he could make it work but I just don't think he needs to.

Marcelinho87

Rooney doesn't need the money. He's already richer than he ever needs to be, what else would a couple extra million help?

Moving to America will be much better for his family, he will still get paid handsomely and play in a half decent team.

If he moves to China It will only be for an INSANE amount of money. Sure he could make it work but I just don't think he needs to.
Many rich don't need more but greed takes over, I guarantee if they wave £800k - £1m in his face per week he is off.

izec

He will play til he is 40 here, then he will retire and be our manager, with Ando as assistant manager

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Many rich don't need more but greed takes over, I guarantee if they wave £800k - £1m in his face per week he is off.
Oh yeah, like I said "silly" money and sure they will make it work. But if he's only getting offered close to what he earns now, I can't see it being worth their while.

Marcelinho87

Oh yeah, like I said "silly" money and sure they will make it work. But if he's only getting offered close to what he earns now, I can't see it being worth their while.
China is the home of silly money, Tevez is on £615k per week ffs.

Mental ain't it.

iKnowNothing

Don't see someone like Rooney heading to China next summer. I'm sure he will find a way to get us to compensate some of his wages and make a move within Europe.. and most likely, his PR team might want to spin it to a homecoming of sorts (rather than a "surplus to requirements at United") and have him move to Everton.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Serious question, what makes you think rooney will be a good mentor to anyone? That guy positional sense is crap
Is this serious? One of the greatest attacking players of his generation is a bad mentor? I am sure you ask any young striker if they'd look Rooney as they mentor and they'd say yes.

MUFC OK

Heard from a fairly concrete source that he would be going back to Everton once he broke Sir Bobby's record, and that he is secretly fed up with being dropped and has absolutely no intention of going to China. I would stake a fair wedge of money on this happening in the summer

United Pro

Heard from a fairly concrete source that he would be going back to Everton once he broke Sir Bobby's record, and that he is secretly fed up with being dropped and has absolutely no intention of going to China. I would stake a fair wedge of money on this happening in the summer
If he's moving this summer, he'd probably move to another premier league team to help him keep his place in the national team squad for the 2018 world cup.

Minimalist

He'd only get to Everton on a small transfer fee and very reduced wages. No way they're paying big money for the current player.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Don't think any club in the PL would want him for anything more than 50k a week, he's not that good anymore.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Is this serious? One of the greatest attacking players of his generation is a bad mentor? I am sure you ask any young striker if they'd look Rooney as they mentor and they'd say yes.
Greatest of his generations? Cough... He's never the greatest attacking player in united let alone generation.

Scholes/ronaldo/ruud is ahead of him.

Roboc7

His reputation will convince someone to take a chance on him, only way we will get a good fee is if he goes to China which I can't see happening. I can see Everton being tempted to bring him back to raise their profile and plenty of MLS teams wanting him but hard to see where else he can go.

Its in the interests of everyone for him to go so I am sure a move will be sorted out but I think we will have to foot the bill.

Crashoutcassius

Are the big wages still there in the US? Or where they ever that big?

China is where the nuts money is but would he really move at age 31 or whatever

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He'd only get to Everton on a small transfer fee and very reduced wages. No way they're paying big money for the current player.
Makes sense - Everton buy him from us for very little money so he can play with the aim of keeping his England place that summer, and once that's done then Everton can sell him for huge money to China where he can make-up the wages he's lost out on during this season back at Everton. Everyone's happy.

AndyJ1985

Makes sense - Everton buy him from us for very little money so he can play with the aim of keeping his England place that summer, and once that's done then Everton can sell him for huge money to China where he can make-up the wages he's lost out on during this season back at Everton. Everyone's happy.
Why would we do that? We'd sell him to China ourselves, not sell him to Everton so they can profit

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Why would we do that? We'd sell him to China ourselves, not sell him to Everton so they can profit
Wasn't exactly a recommendation there, just a prediction as to how it would play-out if he refused China this summer in order to stay in England to keep his international place. With the wages he's on the club might just want him to go.

But I don't think he's leaving anyway - he has no real reason to given his contract status.

Mr Smith

Pretty sure there's a rule here that you're not supposed to say you're in the know unless you can name your source. That said, I do seriously doubt that Rooney would even consider going to China, he still seems to love the game. The US makes the most sense for me, a lot of mates over there and it's still fairly competitive. Can't see why Everton would take him tbh, they're building a strong young team and he wouldn't suit their style.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Let's hope you are right. But logically, I cannot see how it is financially viable for Everton.
They can't afford his wages and he isn't good enough to get into their first team, to offer goals, to help push them up the table.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Heard from a source he will replace Sanchez and Ozil at Arsenal. Arsenal will be replacing two birds with one stone

MUFC OK

Pretty sure there's a rule here that you're not supposed to say you're in the know unless you can name your source. That said, I do seriously doubt that Rooney would even consider going to China, he still seems to love the game. The US makes the most sense for me, a lot of mates over there and it's still fairly competitive. Can't see why Everton would take him tbh, they're building a strong young team and he wouldn't suit their style.
Okay, it was his dad :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When you think that Rooney's target is the 2018 World Cup and consider what the best move is to achieve that, you realise how far he has fallen.

If he stays here, he will be even further behind in the pecking order than he is now as we will no doubt be bringing other attackers in and he will be yet another year slower.

If he tries to stay in the Prem and goes somewhere like Everton, it's highly likely that he won't have a starting spot for long there either.

If he guarantees himself first team football in the Prem by going to a bottom half team, there's no way in hell hes got the legs to put in a relegation battle shift.

If he goes to America, Southgate will have absolutely no trouble forgetting him and the same obviously goes for China.

So what it all boils down to is the fact he's no longer good enough for England and he probably won't be going to his own retirement party.

Gregawa

Heard from a pretty concrete source that he's going to Everton for two metric tonnes of sand and 10,000 gallons of water.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think it's fair to say Rooney and family would adore Miami Beach, NYC, Chicago, etc.

Shanghai, not so much.

Devil81

Koeman wouldn't have Rooney at this stage of his career, he's either going to go the U.S or China. I think he'd favour a nice stint in LA or New York personally, money isn't really an issue for Rooney as he's got enough to live on for the rest of his life anyway. He's one of the few players you can 100% say are financially secure with the lifestyle they live, as crazy as that sounds.

SouthPredators4

Lol you serious? Constantly overweight , smoking n drinking, probably the worst mentor in the club. Look at Ibra's lifestyle, or Lahm's, Buffon's in contrast.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's no way we'd let Everton be the ones to cash in!

It is an intriguing situation though.
Say the £250k a week figure is correct, that's a mad £26million over the last 2 years of his contract with us.

It's massively doubtful whether Everton would get close to even £100k a week (£5.2m a season, £10.4m over the same 2 year period)

Do we really think Rooney is going to sacrifice the missing £15.6m?

No chance, he'd probably expect us to fund at least £12m of it!

So, pay the best part of a year's wage to let him go, or have him around for another year? I'd probably take the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.