Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
There is no way in hell he is taking a 150k/week+ paycut for his twilight years.

If he does go to Everton it will be with subsidized wages from us.

Devil may care

I don't see an issue with the club giving the record goal scorer of ten years service a golden handshake so he can go where he wants, it works for him and us in the long run. the last thing we need is a way past his best Rooney on 250k a week on the bench where Jose feels obligated to put him on almost every game and for him to be the first attacking sub off the bench when he offers very little these days.

MAME DIOUF 32

If it's not China then we're paying a massive chunk of his wages for the next couple of years. Cheers, Davey.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't see an issue with the club giving the record goal scorer of ten years service a golden handshake so he can go where he wants, it works for him and us in the long run. the last thing we need is a way past his best Rooney on 250k a week on the bench where Jose feels obligated to put him on almost every game and for him to be the first attacking sub off the bench when he offers very little these days.
I agree to an extent. We signed a deal with him on those terms, it is what it is. The fact is that he has given us over a decade service, If happily debate for hours over whether that service was as good as it could have been but that's pointless now. The best thing for all parties is if we can find a way to move him on. If that means coughing up £5m-£10m for a headache free move elsewhere so be it

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Lol you serious? Constantly overweight , smoking n drinking, probably the worst mentor in the club. Look at Ibra's lifestyle, or Lahm's, Buffon's in contrast.
I am not suggesting he becomes their God father. a mentor in terms of coaching and skill. Rooney always gives 100% on the pitch even when he's playing total crap. It is so ridiculous how underrated Rooney has become as a player nowadays. I am willing to bit not a single young English striker would say "NO" to Rooney being their mentor

Scholsey2004

I struggle to see what his incentive for leaving is. Lower wages at a much lower profile club (he's missed the boat for an everton return, they dont need him) wont appeal to him when hes got a hefty contract here. Few games a season like ashley young is more likely.

Djemba-Djemba

I struggle to see what his incentive for leaving is. Lower wages at a much lower profile club (he's missed the boat for an everton return, they dont need him) wont appeal to him when hes got a hefty contract here. Few games a season like ashley young is more likely.
It's professional pride vs money I suppose. Is he content to just sit on the bench playing in the odd cup game for the next couple of years or does he want to go and play regular football? All this talk of Rooney as a streey foo

He's come out and said he plans to retire from international football after the World Cup in 2018. He surely won't be making the squad if he stays at Utd. How could Southgate justify taking Rooney?

Oscie

I don't see the point in selling. Yes he's wages are high but we're hardly hiding from the bailiffs and by all accounts he's no longer the disruptive influence he once was and Mourinho seems to like having him as club captain. If he was taking up a first team place and a position we needed to replace then I'd see the argument but he's sitting on the bench 80% of the time, other than his wage (which as I'm not personally paying I don't give a shite about) I don't see why we'd sell him other than if he wanted to go or we got a 'couldn't refuse' offer.

itso 7

I don't see the point in selling. Yes he's wages are high but we're hardly hiding from the bailiffs and by all accounts he's no longer the disruptive influence he once was and Mourinho seems to like having him as club captain. If he was taking up a first team place and a position we needed to replace then I'd see the argument but he's sitting on the bench 80% of the time, other than his wage (which as I'm not personally paying I don't give a shite about) I don't see why we'd sell him other than if he wanted to go or we got a 'couldn't refuse' offer.
How about the fact that those wages could be paying someone who contributes much more than "not being a disruptive infuence"?

Oscie

How about the fact that those wages could be paying someone who contributes much more than "not being a disruptive infuence"?
Okay name a player who'd command £200,000 a week who we could stick on the bench.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we are going to subsidise his wages to play for another Premier League team then we need to stipulate he cannot play against us. It would be idiotic to be paying a player who could potentially end our title or cup ambitions.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If we are going to subsidise his wages to play for another Premier League team then we need to stipulate he cannot play against us. It would be idiotic to be paying a player who could potentially end our title or cup ambitions.
I think any player on loan in the premier league can't play against the club that holds the registration.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is facing more games like yesterday. If he stays, he's facing the Schweinstiger treatment. He won't even make the squad half the time.
From the club's perspective, I can not think of any reason to keep him. I don't even think he's good enough for a cameo role anymore. When you think about it, there's always someone else on the bench I would think will have a bigger impact on the game. When you consider that such player is on £300k a week, then it's time to get rid at any cost.

Adisa

manunited1919

To the contrary, I would want him to play against us. Do you realize how many times he would pass the ball to our own players? Or how he would easily break up the opposing team attacks?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He is facing more games like yesterday. If he stays, he's facing the Schweinstiger treatment. He won't even make the squad half the time.
From the club's perspective, I can not think of any reason to keep him. I don't even think he's good enough for a cameo role anymore. When you think about it, there's always someone else on the bench I would think will have a bigger impact on the game. When you consider that such player is on £300k a week, then it's time to get rid at any cost.
Was he simply dropped yesterday?

I thought he was injured.

Adisa

Was on the bench yesterday?
Yes he was. That's how much his status has dropped. Him being unpicked, isn't even newsworthy. I can't see the club being comfortable with a £300k a week player becoming a non-entity with regards to his squad role.
Fairly confident he and the club will come to some sort of agreement. I can't even imagine Rooney being comfortable with just sitting on the bench.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's so shite it surely won't hurt us if he plays against us right? The Caf has established he's worthless and won't get into any PL team so what's the worry.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's so shite it surely won't hurt us if he plays against us right? The Caf has established he's worthless and won't get into any PL team so what's the worry.
He'd probably train the whole season and turn back the clock just to spite us. :nervous:

PepsiCola

I mean opposition fans tend to be happy if they see Rooney in our starting line up. Would you really be afraid if he were to turn up against us in the Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Spurs starting XI. He'd be taking the place of a better footballer and wouldn't add anything to the teams.

You were trying to be sarcastic but ended up hitting the nail on the head :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He doesn't. He's not used as first attacker anymore.

It's very clear he's pure squad filler now, which is very welcome from guaranteed first pick on the pitch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because he still love playing, and sitting on the bench at a club he's been treated as THE key player of the last 10 years won't sit well with him.

At Everton he'd still be a real celeb, and they'd suddenly forget how much hate they've given him, and itll seem the perfect end.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Long term he could earn more if he gets lower contract for more years. If he sits still on his last year and spends a year not playing, he will be nearly 33 with little football under his belt and it'll be much harder to find a big contract.

Plus there's a season on the bench leading up to the World Cup. Even with his profile and captaincy he will have a hard job making a case for a starting position.

AndyJ1985

You have it the wrong way round there. We should stipulate that he must play against us.

Sparky10Legend

Agreed (although i know thats not your point) - Id happily come up against a team with 10 men.....

Sparky10Legend

Because he still love playing, and sitting on the bench at a club he's been treated as THE key player of the last 10 years won't sit well with him.

At Everton he'd still be a real celeb, and they'd suddenly forget how much hate they've given him, and itll seem the perfect end.

You completely disrespect Everton to suggest Rooney would get in their side, you really do.

This is not some Scunthorpe type club who would happily have Kevin Keegan back at 38 etc etc

As a striker - worst in the premier league.
As a 10 - probably around 15th.
A winger - pfft
A cdm - around 35th

Status
Not open for further replies.