Wayne Rooney hits back at critics over wedding photos.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can't see Ronaldo spending his nights drinking till 5am TBH. He's a professional. Hence why people like Giggs keep playing till his 40s and people like Rooney and Gazza are finished in their early 30s
I doubt Ronaldo drinks like that either to be honest. Giggs indiscretions were not of the drinking kind and really only came to light when a woman's ire revealed them. I hope Wayne is just someone who cannot handle his drink on occasion and has not gone down the Gazza route. He should be a warning to all of them.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I doubt Ronaldo drinks like that either to be honest. Giggs indiscretions were not of the drinking kind and really only came to light when a woman's ire revealed them. I hope Wayne is just someone who cannot handle his drink on occasion and has not gone down the Gazza route. He should be a warning to all of them.
What Giggs did with his brother's wife is despicable and its one of the many reasons why I dont want him as manager. Having said that it didn't effect his performance as a footballer either. He always took good care of his body, hence why he remained a top footballer till age 36 (after that he started his decline and his last year with us was purely out of loyalty to him, which is fair enough). Drinking does effect the player's body especially when its evident that he's in the wane.

Rooney is a 250k a week player and he's hasn't justify that salary for a long long time. He should be ashamed of himself for being wasted at a time when he really needs to take care of himself. He's 31 and a father of 3 ffs not some 18 year old kid. There's no way to justify what he did and those trying to protect him on this silly act are putting their loyalty to the club in question.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Its a shame he didnt go out to the strip club, I'd expect to see a thread on how Rooney is cheating on Coleen by frolicking with naked women while Coleen is at home looking after the kids.....:rolleyes:
Where have you been these last few years? Have you forgot he paid a prostiute 1000 pounds several times for sex back in 2012 while his wife was pregnant, even once at their home? Maybe you're Rooney's cousin

devilish

Its a shame he didnt go out to the strip club, I'd expect to see a thread on how Rooney is cheating on Coleen by frolicking with naked women while Coleen is at home looking after the kids.....:rolleyes:
That's something his wife should be concerned about. If she wants to be treated like a doormat, its her call. Having said that, if Rooney's actions jeapordize his performance on the pitch (ie by being wasted) then its United call. Do we want to act as his doormat too?

dichinero

Where have you been these last few years? Have you forgot he paid a prostiute 1000 pounds several times for sex back in 2012 while his wife was pregnant, even once at their home? Maybe you're Rooney's cousin
Sometimes it feels like Rooney has hired some people to plead his case on social media and forums.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That's something his wife should be concerned about. If she wants to be treated like a doormat, its her call. Having said that, if Rooney's actions jeapordize his performance on the pitch (ie by being wasted) then its United call. Do we want to act as his doormat too?
Looks to me like the club already does...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Id wait till summer to confirm that. We all watched SAF defending JSV only to sell him one month after
You see I always felt I could trust SAF to make the right calls with players (not managers:D) - but I don't trust the current lot to do the same. They are all about marketing - though I fail to understand what's appealing about Rooney now. Jose could only make the call if he ended up in a strong position - and at the moment it's looking bad, though it's still early I suppose.

devilish

You see I always felt I could trust SAF to make the right calls with players (not managers:D) - but I don't trust the current lot to do the same. They are all about marketing - though I fail to understand what's appealing about Rooney now. Jose could only make the call if he ended up in a strong position - and at the moment it's looking bad, though it's still early I suppose.
we've been adding poster boys year in year out. Rooney wont be needed next year with United already have DDG, Pogba and hopefully another big signing on board

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
we've been adding poster boys year in year out. Rooney wont be needed next year with United already have DDG, Pogba and hopefully another big signing on board
If we get Griezmann Rooney's relevance will dwindle even more. Pogba, Ibra, Mata and Herrera give more interviews now.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
As you say there is nothing wrong with a drink to help you relax, it is when it impairs your judgement the problems start.
I kind of agree, I don't really get bothered by people falling over drunk and the like (if it's in a suitable place) and they've planned how their getting back and all that jazz, my big problem is those who get aggressive/confrontational while drinking. I absolutely hate it, and around here it's not the students it's usually men and women who are old enough to know a lot better. You mentioned gropers as well, they're scum and being drunk definitely does embolden them.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I don't drink, can someone explain what exactly is the fascination with drinking and having to have a 'drink'. Do people like the feeling of having a hangover?
Drinking is fun as long as it's in moderation. Getting a good buzz or being a bit drunk gives feelings of euphoria. Getting absolutely hammered can be fun too, but you pay the consequences the next day (and possibly the rest of your life if you do some really stupid shit).
Unless you can't for religious reasons or you have an addiction, I recommend having a few drinks to see what it is like.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't drink, never have done so want to know what's so great about it that a professional struggles to stay away from it?

Is it addictive?
Yes and no. I don't know enough about the science behind it, but people can and often do get addicted to alcohol (the withdrawals for alcohol can kill you). I think it's more about the endorphins released rather than a physical addiction (at first) but someone more knowledgeable would be a lot more useful than me.

I think in Rooney's case it's not that he can't stay away from it, he probably feels he shouldn't have to. He doesn't do this weekly, look at the furore surrounding the fact he got pictured having a good night. He's 31, I don't think he should have to stay away from drinking. His mistake was just doing it in a public venue and letting fans have a few selfies with him. He's paid ridiculous amounts and I'm sure plenty of people could abstain from drinking, but I wonder if everyone in this thread slating him is squeaky clean.

For what it's worth, I could name you former and current premiership players who have done coke at least once (during their playing career). I don't think it's about staying away from things for 15 years, I think people have to remember that footballers are human, they're just good at football.

May I ask why you don't drink? Not that it matters of course.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
People's jumping on him because his form is shit and he's clearly not too bothered about keeping himself fit either.
That's it.

The problem is not that he was drinking.
The problem is that his form has been poor for 2 years + he drank to a point where he was totally drunk.
He was so drunk that Southgate excluded him from the Spain game and used the excuse of "he is injured". An injury which had completely healed 3 days later, when he played against Arsenal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I can't see Ronaldo spending his nights drinking till 5am TBH. He's a professional. Hence why people like Giggs keep playing till his 40s and people like Rooney and Gazza are finished in their early 30s
Gazza looked about 10 year older than his real age, when he was 35.
And he still looks at least 10 years older than his real age. I guess that's what alcohol does.

Check this:
Age 48.

Is Rooney going to follow in Gazza's footsteps?
Will Rooney look this old in 17 years?

devilish

Gazza looked about 10 year older than his real age, when he was 35.
And he still looks at least 10 years older than his real age. I guess that's what alcohol does.

Check this:
Age 48.

Is Rooney going to follow in Gazza's footsteps?
Will Rooney look this old in 17 years?
Honestly I couldn't care less. Its not as if he showed any sign of loyalty to us whatsoever

Loublaze

ATLien
That's it.

The problem is not that he was drinking.
The problem is that his form has been poor for 2 years + he drank to a point where he was totally drunk.
He was so drunk that Southgate excluded him from the Spain game and used the excuse of "he is injured". An injury which had completely healed 3 days later, when he played against Arsenal.
The lengths they go to protect this guy is staggering. I think that story in 2015 about him showing up to training with alcohol in his system was true. The papers who reported it issued an apology but IMO it may have been a coverup

http://www.90min.com/posts/2779713-...-s-blood-test-ahead-of-champions-league-clash

dichinero

It sure feels that way with all this blind support he gets from large sections
I hear Coleen throws really nice Xmas parties and showers guests with gifts! Invitation is strictly by fanboy rating. I know 3 here that have received their tickets.

dichinero

I wish he would hit back at those criticising his form by actually playing well
You will need to upgrade his package to £500k/w, make him FA chairman and rename the Wembley arch, Wayne Rooney arch. This is all in the pipeline I hear.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He's looked better the last couple of games. Thought he was good against Swansea and his touch has improved massively

Nothing wrong with him having s few beers either
Two games out of three seasons, forgive me for not getting too excited, and there most definitely is something wrong with him having so much to drink he can't stand up.

VanGaalEra

You can't address anyone using the word 'lads' 'cheers', or any other pub-culture phrases, until you've had a few drinks and gotten back to us on what you made of it - preferably typing on here as you sample your first few drinks.

You big jessie.
:lol:

Lj82

I find it rather amusing the number of people who are saying that "Wayne is entitled to have drink on his day off".
First of all, this was not just "having a drink". He was drunk.
Second, while it was his day off, he had training the next afternoon. Yet he was reportedly still up and drinking at 5am in the morning.

For the regular folks, if you have a major presentation on Wednesday, and you have a meeting to prepare for the presentation on Monday afternoon, wouldn't it be considered as incredibly unprofessional if you were still out there drunk and still drinking at 5am on Monday morning? What more a professional footballer who is supposed to take care of his body and physical fitness?