Welcome to RedCafe.net on XenForo!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
One thing that bugs me: I used to be able to make the windows very narrow and the caf would resize itself so I could read the whole page. Now I have to take up 3/4 of my screen or I can't read posts. That's a shame, especially for watching a game and posting at the same time.

twitter thread suggester
That is exactly what the Caf is about at the end of the day.

Shark

@NotShark
I think that certain members should be allowed they're avatars back. It gives the forum more character.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Is there no quote feature? Sometimes I like cutting up posts into several quotes, for ease of reading. It doesn't bother me if only the first quote actually has the name of the poster. Is there any way of getting that button back, or am I going to have to manually type it in every time? Could get... tedious.

vanthaman

Winner
Is there no quote feature? Sometimes I like cutting up posts into several quotes, for ease of reading. It doesn't bother me if only the first quote actually has the name of the poster. Is there any way of getting that button back, or am I going to have to manually type it in every time? Could get... tedious.
just click reply and it adds the quote into quick reply, you can do this with multiple posts

e.g.

I think that certain members should be allowed they're avatars back. It gives the forum more character.
VB did do that too.
well...if they do..then others should..otherwise it becomes a sort of favoured site....an "top red" type of thing which surely is not what the caf is about at the end of the day...
It certainly is.

EvilChuck

Well that is a nice feature, if you accidentally click 'mark forums as read' instead of it removing all of the unread threads (which was annoying as feck), it asks if you're sure.

nimic

something nice
Scout
just click reply and it adds the quote into quick reply, you can do this with multiple posts

e.g.
That helps a bit, since it also works on the same post multiple times, but I meant replying to single posts divided up into several quotes, not several posts. Just to make it easier to know what I am replying to, that sort of thing.

Almost all forums I've been to have had a quote feature which you can click and it brings up the tags, so I'm thinking it should be possible on XenForo too? Maybe?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
That helps a bit, since it also works on the same post multiple times, but I meant replying to single posts divided up into several quotes, not several posts. Just to make it easier to know what I am replying to, that sort of thing.
Like...

Almost all forums I've been to have had a quote feature which you can click and it brings up the tags, so I'm thinking it should be possible on XenForo too? Maybe?

...this?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Well that is a nice feature, if you accidentally click 'mark forums as read' instead of it removing all of the unread threads (which was annoying as feck), it asks if you're sure.
Yeah it was annoying before. Ended up hiding the link with Adblock it annoyed me so much :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Like...

...this?
Well, yes, but didn't you just click my post twice, then copy-paste and rearrange the quotes? I'm not saying it's going to kill me from overexertion, I just think the previous system was more convenient for it. Particularly for someone who posts a lot in the CE, where there are long posts with lots of different points to address.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Am I the only one who has no idea what nimic is talking about? The quoting system seems exactly like the old one to me.

vanthaman

Winner
Am I the only one who has no idea what nimic is talking about? The quoting system seems exactly like the old one to me.
I'm with you, don't understand what he's going on about, it's exactly the same

actually I think I've worked it out, there's no quote button on the WYSIWYG editor, maybe it's that

Brightonian

He's talking about the button on the reply screen on the old site which inserted the tags for quotes (much like the buttons for YouTube videos, hyperlinks, spoilers etc). I can't seem to find anything like that on here either. It was useful if you were breaking up a quote, and also if you were quoting from somewhere other than the Caf - RAWK, twitter, an article etc.

twitter thread suggester
I am sure Niall will bring back all the old BB buttons once he gets some time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Probably already been mentioned but how does one go about searching for old threads? is there a search function

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes, it has been mentioned many, many times. Read the first post in the thread for the answer.

Cool, didn't realise how weird and annoying it is without the search function!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The clock is now 24 hour format.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
The small green arrow underneath the thread title for a thread which you've posted in is a nice addition. Just noticed it.

Edit: :lol: Nevermind, just saw the notice at the top mentioned it

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Nice one mate. Can we get a 'this user is online' indicator like the globes on the last board?