Westminster Politics

MoskvaRed

Both sexual incontinence and lying are priced in with Johnson,. No one will care - just Boris being Boris - even though other politicians (Tories included) would be under deep scrutiny over this situation. Much as you may loathe the man, you have to admit this jester/Lord of Misrule public persona that he has crafted (with media contrivance) is highly effective with large swathes of the public, even to the point that 150,000 deaths don’t move the polls..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Both sexual incontinence and lying are priced in with Johnson,. No one will care - just Boris being Boris - even though other politicians (Tories included) would be under deep scrutiny over this situation. Much as you may loathe the man, you have to admit this jester/Lord of Misrule public persona that he has crafted (with media contrivance) is highly effective with large swathes of the public, even to the point that 150,000 deaths don’t move the polls..
So Trumpian. Actually, your whole spot on post is.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No mention regarding this on the news this morning. Fecking disgraceful.
Andrew Marr’s copy of The Mirror apparently got lost this morning when he was reviewing the days headlines. I for one am absolutely shocked.

TheReligion

Abusive
Andrew Marr’s copy of The Mirror apparently got lost this morning when he was reviewing the days headlines. I for one am absolutely shocked.
Unbelievable really. You'd think this day and age blatant media bias would be impossible to get away with.

Superb trolling, a strong 3/10 for effort.
it’s not trolling. The Mirror has been a joke for 20 years. It’s not a serious paper.

next you will be saying The Star is a serious paper!

do you actually think anything in the mirror should be taken seriously, no matter what the story is today
Fair point. You've clearly not looked in one for years
good one. Need to go to A&E my sides just split:(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
it’s not trolling. The Mirror has been a joke for 20 years. It’s not a serious paper.

next you will be saying The Star is a serious paper!

do you actually think anything in the mirror should be taken seriously, no matter what the story is today

good one. Need to go to A&E my sides just split:(
I expect parity. If the headlines are going to be shown in The Sun, The Daily Express and The Spectator then they should be shown for one of the few left wing national newspapers too.

This isn’t the issue here though, the issue is that they are usually shown on Marr and were selectively removed when they contain a story which should be politically damaging to the Prime Minister.

I appreciate you’re right wing yourself so have a hard time caring but trying to be at least a little bit objective and a little less partisan you can surely see the problem here?

The story this morning should be not about Boris being a man whore but about Boris securing £136,000 for Acura’s business interests while he was London Mayor while failing to state his conflict of interest. He has since defended that position by denying a relationship ever took place which we now know to be a lie.

If you’re fine with this sort of corruption when they’re on your team, you can forget being taken seriously in any other political discussions.

I expect parity. If the headlines are going to be shown in The Sun, The Daily Express and The Spectator then they should be shown for one of the few left wing national newspapers too.

This isn’t the issue here though, the issue is that they are usually shown on Marr and were selectively removed when they contain a story which should be politically damaging to the Prime Minister.

I appreciate you’re right wing yourself so have a hard time caring but trying to be at least a little bit objective and a little less partisan you can surely see the problem here?

The story this morning should be not about Boris being a man whore but about Boris securing £136,000 for Acura’s business interests while he was London Mayor while failing to state his conflict of interest. He has since defended that position by denying a relationship ever took place which we now know to be a lie.

If you’re fine with this sort of corruption when they’re on your team, you can forget being taken seriously in any other political discussions.
I do often watch the Andrew Marr show, but don’t take note of what papers are reviewed.

I’m also certainly not right wing, I am a centralist - although I appreciate this forum is very left leaning, and so it may appear that way, but it’s not.

I do have a particular dislike (putting it mildly) for the mirror as they published falsified reports of the army torturing Iraq prisoners which were in fact photos taken in a TA Centre. This at the very least put people in danger, and likely contributed to soldiers being injured or killed.

if it was reported by any other paper, then I would take it seriously. Never The Mirror. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with a political viewpoint.

Balljy

I do often watch the Andrew Marr show, but don’t take note of what papers are reviewed.

I’m also certainly not right wing, I am a centralist - although I appreciate this forum is very left leaning, and so it may appear that way, but it’s not.

I do have a particular dislike (putting it mildly) for the mirror as they published falsified reports of the army torturing Iraq prisoners which were in fact photos taken in a TA Centre. This at the very least put people in danger, and likely contributed to soldiers being injured or killed.

if it was reported by any other paper, then I would take it seriously. Never The Mirror. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with a political viewpoint.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here in terms of this story though. Are you saying that it is correct that the story isn't covered by the BBC just because it's in the Mirror even though it's come from the actual person involved so hardly needs verification. Surely that's news worthy considering the potential political motivations behind it?

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's not 'reported' in the mirror, it's a full interview she gives them.

So out of interest, what exactly is your point here?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

What about other papers like The Sun? Or do they get a pass?

My point is very clear. I would read, and wouldn’t believe a word that’s printed in that newspaper. That’s not to say it’s not true - don’t make that assumption. If it was covered by a paper that didn’t have a large portfolio of made up, fabricated and coerced stories I would read it.

I am entitled to disregard anything from a particular publication.

As stated, nothing to do with politics, and my opinion would be the same, no matter the subject of the story.

likewise, I will disregard every word Piers Morgan ever says, and will do my best to avoid everything he’s on or writes.

Balljy

Out of interest the newspaper summary page on the BBC has a picture of the Mirror and a short comment about the story underneath it. In the editorial section on the same page they have "The joy of six is the headline in the Sunday Mirror, which says millions of people are gearing up for a Magic Monday, which will see them reunited with family and friends for the first time in months."

Unless I'm missing something that isn't even mentioned on the front page of the Mirror as a headline and they've missed off the Boris story completely :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-56553014

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
im not critiquing every newspaper.

I’ve made it clear it’s the mirror that I have a problem with. It’s very personal.
Okay.

Regardless of the publication and who interviewed her, I'm sure you'd agree its quite ridiculous that the media have barely criticised Boris for this?

Flying high

My point is very clear. I would read, and wouldn’t believe a word that’s printed in that newspaper. That’s not to say it’s not true - don’t make that assumption. If it was covered by a paper that didn’t have a large portfolio of made up, fabricated and coerced stories I would read it.

I am entitled to disregard anything from a particular publication.

As stated, nothing to do with politics, and my opinion would be the same, no matter the subject of the story.

likewise, I will disregard every word Piers Morgan ever says, and will do my best to avoid everything he’s on or writes.
Name one.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I can guarantee that nobody gives a feck what newspaper you like, distrust, or masturbate over (though obviously this would be the Daily Mail).

That was not the point of the initial observation: that a newspaper normally reviewed on the show was overlooked when it contained a damaging front page to the Tory PM.

Are you trying to deliberately derail the potentially damaging story of your Tory mates, or are you seriously obtuse.

Balljy

The fact this is only being reported in The Mirror is the story.
It's an exclusive interview so wouldn't have been in any of the other Sunday newspapers.

If it's not in tomorrows papers at all (which is probable) then that's an issue. It should be on websites though and the Independent have it on there now and I expect the Guardian and more liberal sites to follow. Whether it will appear on the likes of the Times, Telegraph or Sky is another matter of course.

I can guarantee that nobody gives a feck what newspaper you like, distrust, or masturbate over (though obviously this would be the Daily Mail).

That was not the point of the initial observation: that a newspaper normally reviewed on the show was overlooked when it contained a damaging front page to the Tory PM.

Are you trying to deliberately derail the potentially damaging story of your Tory mates, or are you seriously obtuse.
do you think this is a good way to debate?

“Masterbate over”.

I suggest you come back when you can articulate something useful.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
do you think this is a good way to debate?

“Masterbate over”.

I suggest you come back when you can articulate something useful.
Oh it was a debate you wanted? I thought this thread was just a dump for your greasy Tory apologia, shitting on nurses and detailing your historical gripes with newspapers as a means to thwart criticism of your leader.

If I knew you were inviting a debate then I wouldn't have replied, you give me the creeps.

TheReligion

Abusive
Oh it was a debate you wanted? I thought this thread was just a dump for your greasy Tory apologia, shitting on nurses and detailing your historical gripes with newspapers as a means to thwart criticism of your leader.

If I knew you were inviting a debate then I wouldn't have replied, you give me the creeps.
Fecking hell :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's an exclusive interview so wouldn't have been in any of the other Sunday newspapers.

If it's not in tomorrows papers at all (which is probable) then that's an issue. It should be on websites though and the Independent have it on there now and I expect the Guardian and more liberal sites to follow. Whether it will appear on the likes of the Times, Telegraph or Sky is another matter of course.
It's in the DM. Is quite a way down the site, but written fairly long. It's placing is partly cos they'll hate going big on a Mirror scoop, not just their love of Boris.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ri-claims-Boris-Johnson-four-year-affair.html

Best rated comment:

Ronnietherant, Newcastle , United Kingdom,
How very tacky of her. She also proves that looks aren't important

Last edited:

wow.

please can you reread this to yourself.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
wow.

please can you reread this to yourself.
Sure I'll get on it, right after I've finished this article about serial love cheat and cowardly wet noodle Boris Johnson's torrid love affairs including two ex-wives and countless lovers as Jennifer Acruri says philandering PM 'will never change'.