Westminster Politics

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He is yeah. Claimed he was fluent in 2019, then said he wasn't when justifying the expenses.And the one who was pleading via WhatsApp for middle east paid positions as he couldn't afford to put his kids through school. Also Known as the honourable member for Saudi Arabia after paid visits there in 2015.
What an absolute bellwhiff. As bad as bungalow bill wiggins.

jeff_goldblum

Indeed.
And if it was work related, then why was his wife there.
You can make the arrangement, as the Tories are, that anything in Downing Street is work related.

And when did it becomes acceptable to bring alcoholic drinks to work.
Where I worked, that was a stackable offence.
In my opinion a lot of this country's problems could be solved if those in Westminister and Whitehall (both politicians and senior civil servants) were held to some of the same standards as rank-and-file public servants anywhere else in the country. If anything akin to the Downing Streets parties happened in a HMRC office somewhere in the regions, heads would roll. Similarly, if it was found that some low-level functionary had used their position to do even a minor favour for a friend or family member (like checking the status of an application) they'd be sacked immediately, in the meantime we have members of the government handing billions of pounds of public money to their mates with impunity. Someone like Boris Johnson likely wouldn't get past the security checks required to take up an entry-level position in most departments - he'd be deemed too open to manipulation due to his financial situation.

Parts of the governing apparatus of this country have been maintained as open air museums/celebrations of the Empire for the last 150 years and successive generations of politicians and senior civil servants have failed to make changes to render them fit for purpose because deep down they're not in it for public service. Half of them are in it for the money and half of them are living out a fantasy of being great Victorian-era statesmen. None of them have any intention of making any changes that would force them to abide by the same rules as the rest of us.

The worst thing is that, as a nation, we've been brainwashed into being in awe of these institutions. Our political system is an outmoded mess which prioritises nostalgia and roleplay over being fit for purpose, but any attempt to reform it is seen as an attack on Britain itself. Frankly, if we insist on keeping a system which works this badly and where there is so little real oversight of those in power, it was only ever going to be a matter of time before we elected a government shameless enough to use it to openly rinse us for all we're worth

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Almost a little annoyed he will go, whoever is next will be better at covering up being a weasel.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Borris was isolating during this time so he might just wack that excuse for not being there to stop it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Opposition parties really need to make this a broader attack on the Tory party and quit with the laser focus on Johnson. He’s the goose laying golden eggs for them at the moment.

Longshanks

We are a stupid country aren't we? From brexit to voting in this complete buffon with a big majority.

We are reaping what we sowed unfortunately, Bo Jo will one way or another be removed from his position, but frankly who cares he will be replaced with another tory crony for the next couple of years at least the damage is done.

Thanks to those who voted for brexit and then tory in the elections that followed. Brilliant work. Dont say you were not warned.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So with the nation at an all time low, people miserable and hating each other, there's only one man who can bring the good times back

Superden

Do we really believe that the gammon will really turn on the tories come election time, having been giving the up yours by their heroes. Trump is becoming stronger favourite to win the US election.

Superden

We are a stupid country aren't we? From brexit to voting in this complete buffon with a big majority.

We are reaping what we sowed unfortunately, Bo Jo will one way or another be removed from his position, but frankly who cares he will be replaced with another tory crony for the next couple of years at least the damage is done.

Thanks to those who voted for brexit and then tory in the elections that followed. Brilliant work. Dont say you were not warned.
Sunak is 2/1 to win the next election with Starmwr at 7/1.

Smores

Do we really believe that the gammon will really turn on the tories come election time, having been giving the up yours by their heroes. Trump is becoming stronger favourite to win the US election.
Put it this way they're very experienced in supporting whatever the latest position is. They've had years of experience in changing the facts and argument as soon as the narrative changes. Laughably so with brexit.

If enough Tory MPs and the Tory media pushed a defense the Tory voting public would side with it. Unfortunately for Boris his senior figures are jostling for position in the post Boris world now and some have media backing.

A change in leader and all will be forgiven and the Tory media will push the partisan view once again. Worse they'll be elevated as a return to sensible politics!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Wow, he’s a gonner then. I guess this all can’t come as a surprise for anybody who knew anything about Boris Johnson. The Sun & Mail will have some explaining to do, this will have big consequences. The public will want to see blood.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
They've been lying for the last 10 years, yet they still get voted in.

Worst case scenario he gets removed, will be replaced by a bigger more corrupt
A-hole (Sunak, Gove, Patel, the list is almost endless) only for them to get voted back in to power at the next GE.

There is a reason that independence is wanted by the Scots and Welsh…its called the Tory party.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

As I’ve been saying all along, there was no way this report was ever going to have anything of substance. We knew that because of how fervently the Tories have been putting their eggs into it’s basket.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I can’t put into words how much I hate this government, the media, the electorate & the opposition.
All as useless & pathetic as each other.

Abizzz

Those pictures of the queen sitting alone and isolated, mourning her husband... While No.10 partied.

The irony of monarchs following the rules for the general public while those representing that public see themeselves above it.

This surely has to be it? Insulting foreigners, lying about money and sex, that's all just politics isn't it? This is even beneath what I thought them capable of. (and i've used all words known to me to describe them before).