Westminster Politics

Wilt

We, as a population, are pathetic. Imagine if this was in France, they wouldn't stand for this shit and they'd be out in their thousands protesting.

No point discussing it on a forum or social media. We, the people, need to start making our discontent shown in the thousands and taking to the streets.

I shouldn't be advocating crime but sometimes crime is the only option. Irish catholics wouldn't have the rights they do today if it weren't for terrorism. Which while I don't agree with it; sometimes it's the only way to be heard.

If things don't change quick. I think protests and organising as a population won't be too far away. Being asset rich means feck all when you can't protect your country estates against the mob.

Things are gonna turn ugly soon. And I don't even feel bad or guilty about it, I support it. Viva le revolution.

A good start would be the population stopping their rent payments. They can't evict us all. And they can't afford their mortgages without us.
Feck me, what a load of bollocks :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
there was a scheduled statement from the monitory policy at 5pm today i think

dont think they have any flexibility to act without another meeting of the monetary committee - perhaps they will announce an extra meeting in light of the "fiscal event" (cough cough budget) for the end of the week - tht inn its self though will bring in a lot of speculation / uncertainly

gut feel another 0.5% rise minimum is inevitable soon

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Will she make it past Christmas?

And have the usual suspects been blaming this on Labour in this thread?
The shortest reign of a PM (19th Century) Century was 119 days - she has 100 to go.
Will she make it?

She shouldnt !

I would be TERRIFIED if I was living in UK right now. Its absolute chaos.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Insulting another member
Feck me, what a load of bollocks :lol:
The sort of reply I'd expect to see from a Tory. Not hard to see where you're aligned by a quick search of posts in this forum by you.

Liz keeping the seat warm for Ben Wallace.
Angela "scum" Raynor
Thank god corbyns gone.

We don't like you're lot on here. Feck off you tory prick.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The BoE putting interest rates up to anything like they need to to control inflation after those tax cuts is going to collapse the housing market such will be the increase in everyone’s mortgage repayments

This is disaster economics. They’re actively destroying people to move wealth from the average person to the cash rich.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The sort of reply I'd expect to see from a Tory. Not hard to see where you're aligned by a quick search of posts in this forum by you.

Angela "scum" Raynor
Thank god corbyns gone.

Oh wow :lol:

So basically anyone who doesn't advocate crime right now is a Tory?

Drainy

The BoE putting interest rates up to anything like they need to to control inflation after those tax cuts is going to collapse the housing market such will be the increase in everyone’s mortgage repayments

This is disaster economics. They’re actively destroying people to move wealth from the average person to the cash rich.
The people knew what they were voting for. They kept telling us!

Fully Fledged

Yep.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Oh wow :lol:

So basically anyone who doesn't advocate crime right now is a Tory?
Nope not at all.

But a Tory who votes in this scum and supports them certainly wouldn't stand for the population going out in protest against the government.

But if you think people are going to sit at home struggling to feed themselves and their families, struggling to heat their homes and watching their elderly parents fade away, then you're beyond naive.

Crime is going to increase significantly. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.

I'd rather we organise and hit the goverment where it hurts them though and stand together rather than the poor doing petty crime on the poor to survive.

redcucumber

So the Tories are destroying the country after having removed our ability to move to neighbouring countries in the EU. We're all trapped in Tory Guantanamo. Big feck you on your face to whoever voted for the Tories.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Angela "scum" Raynor
Thank god corbyns gone.

Stop making me warn people for not liking Tories. Be smarter in putting them straight.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Stop making me warn people for not liking Tories. Be smarter in putting them straight.
Would do it all over again pal. Feck the tory scum (not directed at any of the delightful members here...... Of course)

Thank you for backing up my point about an increase in crime on the horizon. I just grabbed myself 3 penalty points lads. Such an adrenaline rush.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes - Potentially friction over the NI protocol to come and the inflation pressure from big drops against the yuan and euro as well.

Will be interesting to see how the UK does in relation to USA and Euro area over the next few months

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate

Hard to imagine interest rates not going up substantially again by the end of the year though if we dont see a substantial drop in in inflation rates for September / October and as you say energy prices (and the plummeting pound make that very improbable what is it 2.25 at the moment - would expect somewhere between 3 and 3.5 by the end of the year and 4% by the march budget.... 5% or more before the end of 2023 I'd guess.

Presumably Truss is going to hope we are back at say 3% by late 2024 and claim that as a victory in her election pitch
I
Yes - Potentially friction over the NI protocol to come and the inflation pressure from big drops against the yuan and euro as well.

Will be interesting to see how the UK does in relation to USA and Euro area over the next few months

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate

Hard to imagine interest rates not going up substantially again by the end of the year though if we dont see a substantial drop in in inflation rates for September / October and as you say energy prices (and the plummeting pound make that very improbable what is it 2.25 at the moment - would expect somewhere between 3 and 3.5 by the end of the year and 4% by the march budget.... 5% or more before the end of 2023 I'd guess.

Presumably Truss is going to hope we are back at say 3% by late 2024 and claim that as a victory in her election pitch
Just such a huge gamble especially as it is not her money. Something politicians conveniently forget.

there was a scheduled statement from the monitory policy at 5pm today i think

dont think they have any flexibility to act without another meeting of the monetary committee - perhaps they will announce an extra meeting in light of the "fiscal event" (cough cough budget) for the end of the week - tht inn its self though will bring in a lot of speculation / uncertainly

gut feel another 0.5% rise minimum is inevitable soon
I've never seen it and even if it were possible, such an action would tank markets further. It would be a statement that things are out of control.

I'm very slightly ITK here, and this is all going exactly how Truss planned it. She knows she's got 2 years maximum and wants to remove as many hurdles to big business as she can. She believes they are the way to get the economy firing again and is prepared to sacrifice herself to do it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've never seen it and even if it were possible, such an action would tank markets further. It would be a statement that things are out of control.

I'm very slightly ITK here, and this is all going exactly how Truss planned it. She knows she's got 2 years maximum and wants to remove as many hurdles to big business as she can. She believes they are the way to get the economy firing again and is prepared to sacrifice herself to do it.
Wow, she's incredibly noble. What a load of shite.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

If she makes it to Xmas she'll be doing well. Who in their right mind will invest in the UK under this crowd?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

:lol::lol::lol:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Wow… “sacrifice herself”, blimey. A conservative Jesus for the modern age. ‘Je-Truss’.

A selfless Tory pm who actually cares about the country improving… let’s see how that turns out.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Thank God someone finally took care of the issue at the heart of ever voter, we've got to find a way to make bankers richer.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

:lol:
ITK my arse.

If she makes it to Xmas she'll be doing well. Who in their right mind will invest in the UK under this crowd?
Yeah, nobody, but she got all the big FTSE CEOs in a room a couple of weeks before the party vote and gave a whole speech that pretty much amounted to 'tell me what you want and I'll do it'. So I would expect more of the same from her.