Westminster Politics

Drainy

Can’t believe what I’ve just heard from Sunak in PMQ’s. Trying to score political points on Starmer’s views on Trans rights, all the while Brianna Ghey’s mother is in the chamber.

Absolute fecking scumbag. There is literally no depths these vermin will lower themselves to.
He's a fecking cnut.

Herman Toothrot

Can’t believe what I’ve just heard from Sunak in PMQ’s. Trying to score political points on Starmer’s views on Trans rights, all the while Brianna Ghey’s mother is in the chamber.

Absolute fecking scumbag. There is literally no depths these vermin will lower themselves to.
He's really not very good at this. What a fecking idiot.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I just watched that. What the absolute feck?! "Only a 99% U-turn." Starmer seemed properly pissed off by that as well.

These fecking people. That wasn't a mistake. Every single one of his responses is gone through with a fine tooth comb before PMQs. Sunak and his fecking bullying pals drafted that response and thought "yeah, this will energise our base". Chasing the votes of dickheads.

Last edited:

MegadrivePerson

Is Sunak going for the Boris Johnson tactic of trying to drown out bad news stories with more bad news stories?

Yesterday it was making 1K bets, today it's attacking trans people in front of the mother of a murdered trans person.

Is he completely losing the plot?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is Sunak going for the Boris Johnson tactic of trying to drown out bad news stories with more bad news stories?

Yesterday it was making 1K bets, today it's attacking trans people in front of the mother of a murdered trans person.

Is he completely losing the plot?
Their only hope of getting elected again is to divide the public and persuade shitheads who hate "wokeness", or whatever they're calling it nowadays, to vote for them. They'll demonise anyone they can if it means they can keep their seat.

I guess they tried foreigners again like last time and it didn't work. Then they tried poor people, but nearly everyone is poor nowadays so that didn't work. "Oh, people on twitter like memes about trans people. That might be a vote winner!" Is probably how the discussion went on.

Sweet Square

Just a reminder that Labour want to deny trans people that ability to use the same hospital wards as cis people.

It’s difficult to believe people are really outraged at the latest Tory bigotry. It’s all performative nonsense from everyone involved.

Fingeredmouse

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08405103619909#block-65c3748b8f08405103619909

Tim Loughton (Con) asks about migrants converting to Christianity to help their asylum claims.

Sunak says the Home Office has asked for a report into this.

Only Christians allowed?

Does this mean Sunak and Shitler will be deported?
I assume that this is related to the asylum granted to the London chemical attack guy, which was supported by a clergyman stating that he'd converted to Christianity?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Despicable tbh. He's a disgusting human being.

Herman Toothrot

I just watched that. What the absolute feck?! "Only a 99% U-turn." Starmer seemed properly pissed off by that as well.

These fecking people. That wasn't a mistake. Every single one of his responses is gone through with a fine tooth comb before PMQs. Sunak and his fecking bullying pals drafted that response and thought "yeah, this will energise our base". Chasing the votes of dickheads.
Above all, today’s exchanges were a reminder that PMQs is a challenge and that you can’t simply rely on what has been scripted in advance. Leaving aside the trans jibe, Sunak had a decent riff prepared about Keir Starmer’s numberous U-turns (see 12.06pm) and if he had had the nous, on hearing that Esther Ghey was in the gallery, to drop the punchline, he would have been OK. But he didn’t, because he hasn’t got the political agilty, or the capacity to avoid the insensitive (the same instinct that would might protected in his Piers Morgan interview).

I think this is spot on from The Guardian snap verdict.

Herman Toothrot

My bad for caring about the actual views and potential policy of political parties.
Is it accurate though? I know we're generally on the same page with Starmer and Streeting, but saw this the other day which is an interesting thread.

Sweet Square

Is it accurate though? I know we're generally on the same page with Starmer and Streeting, but saw this the other day which is an interesting thread.

Cheers. Possibility I guess but the thread ends up calling Streeting a coward. Imo saying safe accommodations for trans people is basically saying separate wards. He also follows it up with the terf line about women in particular feeling uncomfortable.

If this was a one off moment then maybe but this is party which dropped its pledge to make it easier for trans people to self id. Todays outrage from Labour is completely hollow and they would happily say the same thing if it polled well with voters.

You are a child if you cannot comprehend why they were actually offended.

Labour not being as pro trans in their policies as you like is a separate point.
Getting offended at transphobia while also not supporting trans rights is a very Starmer position to take.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Cheers. Possibility I guess but the thread ends up calling Streeting a coward. Imo saying safe accommodations for trans people is basically saying separate wards. He also follows it up with the terf line about women in particular feeling uncomfortable.

If this was a one off moment then maybe but this is party which dropped its pledge to make it easier for trans people to self id. Todays outrage from Labour is completely hollow and they would happily say the same thing if it polled well with voters.

Getting offended at transphobia while also not supporting trans rights is a very Starmer position to take.
Not going to derail the thread but trans rights is a kind of misnomer in this context, Starmer has to tread carefully on certain, divisive and easily spun subjects. Look at the level of vitriol Corbyn took. He cannot give these horrific Conservatives an easy attack.

Sweet Square

Not going to derail the thread but trans rights is a kind of misnomer in this context, Starmer has to tread carefully on certain, divisive and easily spun subjects. Look at the level of vitriol Corbyn took. He cannot give these horrific Conservatives an easy attack.
Labour are massively head of the tories in the polls. Also fear of Tory attack lines isn’t the reason why he’s backed track on pro trans policies.

Its worth saying Starmer treading carefully approach has his popularity(According to yougov)at 30% and dislike at around 40%. It’s not a incredibly strategy which is making him likeable. Although optics isn’t the reason for Starmer right wing shift.

Your original post was a very Sweet Square take. You don't agree with me, therefore you are bad and I question if you are actually offended. Wtf
Cool story.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Dobba

'Yes Starmer and his party believes exactly the same as this joke, but Starmer is a principled and statesman like coward who wouldn't say it out loud whilst someone affected was in the room'