Westminster Politics

TheGame

Oh feck off, people’s mortgages gone up as a result of her negligence and here she is handing gongs out including to someone to donated £100k to her leadership campaign. Feck this corrupt shit.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Oh feck off, people’s mortgages gone up as a result of her negligence and here she is handing gongs out including to someone to donated £100k to her leadership campaign. Feck this corrupt shit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67843755

This morning I watched the amazing Kevin Sinfield running the 7 Ultra Marathons in 7 days to raise awareness and money for MND.

And then I see this.
Liz Truss Honours List.
LIZ TRUSS!!!! awarding honours to her mates.
It makes me sick to read about this. Especially considering the damage she created, including the huge increase in people's mortgages. My daughter had an increase of close to £500/month.

Absolutely disgraceful what she has done to millions of people and she gets to honour people.....

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

This morning I watched the amazing Kevin Sinfield running the 7 Ultra Marathons in 7 days to raise awareness and money for MND.

And then I see this.
Liz Truss Honours List.
It makes me sick to read about this. Especially considering the damage she created, including the huge increase in people's mortgages. My daughter had an increase of close to £500/month.

Absolutely disgraceful what she has done to millions of people and she gets to honour people.....
Plus the 115k a year she gets as a former PM

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Plus the 115k a year she gets as a former PM
I'm struggling to think of another job where, in the space of two weeks, you somehow feck the country up more than it already is, and yet at the end of it you get a lifetime salary that keeps you in the top 10% of earners and you also get to create a wishlist of pals you want to get money and power for life. Utter madness.

MoskvaRed

And then I see this.
Liz Truss Honours List.

You’d also have to be utterly shameless to accept an honour from Liz Truss.

Maticmaker

Yes, it is disgraceful, but how many millions voted for her....or rather voted in the Tory party with an +80 seat majority, that allowed two non-elected PM's to govern after their first choice was removed.
Are we not hoping they make the same mistake again and vote in Starmer with a massive majority? The FPTP system never provides fairness as its only the big battalions that win, but when we insist on giving them almost absolute power through the ballot box... Truss and her ilk are what we can expect!

Frosty

You’d also have to be utterly shameless to accept an honour from Liz Truss.
Probably this:

"Members of the Lords who are not paid a salary may claim a flat rate attendance allowance of £171 or £342 (new rate from the 1st April 2023) or £166 or £332 (old rate up to 31st March 2023), or may choose to make no claim for each sitting day they attend the House."

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/how-do-house-of-lords-expenses-work/

The amount is tax-free, and it is up to peers whether they claim the full or reduced daily rate for every day they attend (they don't have to speak or vote to be paid).

It works out to around 50k tax free income each year, plus expenses, if you attend every sitting day.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes, it is disgraceful, but how many millions voted for her....or rather voted in the Tory party with an +80 seat majority, that allowed two non-elected PM's to govern after their first choice was removed.
Are we not hoping they make the same mistake again and vote in Starmer with a massive majority? The FPTP system never provides fairness as its only the big battalions that win, but when we insist on giving them almost absolute power through the ballot box... Truss and her ilk are what we can expect!
I have never been a big fan of a large majority, whichever party. Makes them feel unaccountable and lazy. Just a small working majority.
Happy new year to you.

Bert_

Probably this:

"Members of the Lords who are not paid a salary may claim a flat rate attendance allowance of £171 or £342 (new rate from the 1st April 2023) or £166 or £332 (old rate up to 31st March 2023), or may choose to make no claim for each sitting day they attend the House."

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/how-do-house-of-lords-expenses-work/

The amount is tax-free, and it is up to peers whether they claim the full or reduced daily rate for every day they attend (they don't have to speak or vote to be paid).

It works out to around 50k tax free income each year, plus expenses, if you attend every sitting day.
Its insane. You could get a cab to parliament. Go for a few pints in one of the (many) heavily subsidised bars. Get a cab back home. They'll pay for the cabs and give you £342 for your trouble. :lol:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This Cnut will now be in the House of Lords.

Yes. And they have got away with not telling the truth, or lying to the country for the last 13 years. In fact, telling lies has become the norm now to the extent that no one is even remotely surprised.

Maticmaker

I have never been a big fan of a large majority, whichever party. Makes them feel unaccountable and lazy. Just a small working majority.
Happy new year to you.
"Absolute power corrupts.." etc.

...and to you and yours my friend, hope its a good one.

RedChip

It may be a move to placate the right of the party?

In any event what the hell can they run on after 14 years of destroying the country?
That would work? Suppose that's one way to counter a Farage come back.

Maticmaker

In any event what the hell can they run on after 14 years of destroying the country?
They plan to throw up enough 'red-herrings' to retain the seats they need to prevent Starmer getting a good working majority, that is all the Tories are looking at now, other than a political void.
Cummings could be just the man to provide them with the levels of disorientation to muddy the waters in key areas and in key constituencies, especially to keep the One nation Tories from going over to the Lib-Dem's.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So without immigration and a falling birth rate can anyone explain to me how they’re going to keep wage inflation down?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So without immigration and a falling birth rate can anyone explain to me how they’re going to keep wage inflation down?
By keeping economic productivity low of course.

RedChip

They don't really care about impacts. Universities are already feeling the impact with lower numbers of international students this year. Some will be in real financial difficulties as a result.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
LOOK OVER THERE!!! IMIGINT CRIMINILS coming to take your union flags and PENISES away!

Zen86

Is immigration just Tory propaganda to get the idiots on board, or is there an economic angle for the elites and corporates? Genuine question.

Frosty

Is immigration just Tory propaganda to get the idiots on board, or is there an economic angle for the elites and corporates? Genuine question.
I'd say the first. Generally speaking immigration benefits the economy and the corporate class - more possible workers mean less pressure for higher wages and so on.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The first. They recognise that fear plays on peoples emotions and decisions more strongly than hope. Therefore they aim to gain support from those in areas of poverty by aiming to convince them that immigrants will take what little employment opportunity they have. The upper class don’t typically vote conservative on immigration policy. It’s usually more financial.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Study after study has shown immigrants are a net positive to the UK. It’s undeniable at the point.
The other things, education is one of UK’s biggest exports. Sunak has just decimated the industry.

Last edited:

Frosty

Study after study has shown immigrants are a net positive to the UK. It’s undeniable at the point.
The other things, education is one of UK’s biggest exports. Sunak has just decimated the industry.
They have been doing it for years. Tuition fees should be 12k by now taking inflation into account. They haven't risen and government funding was cut 80%. Every home student taken is a loss to universities. The only thing keeping them afloat is international students.

iKnowNothing

If there are less number of foreign students, does it mean the UK students get to join those courses? If that’s the case, wouldn’t this be a net positive for UK in the long term in terms of having a more educated population?
I sense I’m missing something here, can someone please explain what that is..