Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Seeing English Teacher tonight, can't wait. Caught them a few times before at festivals but first time seeing them do a headline show. Debut album is one of the best of 2024.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Packed schedule for me starting soon (all Dublin). Some decent support too which makes a change

June:
Smashing Pumpkins (& Weezer)
The Killers (& Travis)
Fatboy Slim
Liam Gallagher (with Cast)
Green Day

July:
Kings of Leon (with The War on Drugs)
Arcade Fire ( Echo & The Bunnymen )

August:
Pixies

September:
Coldplay
the Libertines
I have the same as you in July, with Bloc Party the Friday of that weekend!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I have the same as you in July, with Bloc Party the Friday of that weekend!
I wanted to go to bloc party but I’m running a half marathon in Clontarf early Saturday so I couldnt make it work

enjoy 3 shows in 3 days

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen the Stones last night. Took my 23 and 26 year olds to it and they were blown away by the energy Jagger still has.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Just seen the Stones last night. Took my 23 and 26 year olds to it and they were blown away by the energy Jagger still has.
I'm seeing them in Chicago in July. Don't mind them but going more for my friend. Paid stupid money for the tickets so I hope it's a good show :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I'm seeing them in Chicago in July. Don't mind them but going more for my friend. Paid stupid money for the tickets so I hope it's a good show :lol:
Ive seen every tour since 1980 82? Anyway this tour is ridiculous as in that good.

Superunknown

Went to the Tool gig in Birmingham on Thursday. Just utterly unbelievable. Completely lived up to expectations (and they were HIGH) and then some. The whole thing was just perfect. It's a seated gig, but everyone ends up standing anyway. Wife pulled a blinder and got us brilliant seats/places, so we got a superb view of the band and hit the sweet spot in terms of getting great sound, too. The music is something else. Danny Carey on the drums is just a monster. I'm convinced he's sold his soul for his drumming skills. He's just something else. The visuals and light show were both brilliant, too.

Only criticism I have is that it had to end. It's one of those gigs where I could have easily watched them play again straight afterwards. Pneuma live is earth-shatteringly good. In fact, I have to say that all the tracks off Fear Innoculum just hit so much harder live. They're great anyway, but even better live. Descending was brilliant, but Invincible is another level on top of that, imo.

Rosetta Stoned. Hnngnggg. And Jambi as the opener. Holy shit.

11/10 gig. I think that's the best gig I've been to. Wife had a brilliant time, too. Her only downside is that she was desperate for them to play Schism or Forty Six & 2, but ultimately you can't have it all. They could quite easily play another completely different setlist and it would be equally as great. Such a great band.

Will 100% be going to see them again.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Going to TTF the night in the hydro, Snap, JX, Corona, Wingfield, Ultrabeat, Love Inc and 2Unlimited supporting, basically a big 90s night, going to be dynamite

CoopersDream

Massive Attack was on Wednesday. They were incredible. Elizabeth Fraser was with them and it was glorious. There was a portion with Young Fathers that was weakish, but the last 50 minutes was aces. Safe From Harm live is so feckin' good.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Tonight's the night for james in Cardiff. Looks like they will be playing their new album predominantly but there should be some good older stuff as well.

Just found out unfortunately that Pink is also playing the stadium so the trains will be carnage.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Taylor (and Paramore) on Saturday

Greenday on the Friday after and assuming tickets haven't been resold then Rammstein on the Sunday.

The two opposites of my music taste.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Tonight's the night for james in Cardiff. Looks like they will be playing their new album predominantly but there should be some good older stuff as well.

Just found out unfortunately that Pink is also playing the stadium so the trains will be carnage.
I went to see My Chemical Romance at the cricket ground the same night Ed Sheeran was in the stadium and it was absolute bedlam getting out of the city.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I went to see My Chemical Romance at the cricket ground the same night Ed Sheeran was in the stadium and it was absolute bedlam getting out of the city.
Was rammed but got home ok.

The actual concert was mind blowing. Absolutely off the scale. Tim Booth was pitch perfect all night as were the band.

There was one amazing gfx effect on the screens during Mobile God that I won't spoil just in case anyone sees it live.

The sound was perfect and they played Tomorrow which I was desperate to hear live. In my top 3 gigs this one.

Bosws87

Took my Girlfriend to watch Taylor Swift on Sunday in Edinburgh.

Not my usual cup of tea, but came out impressed and enjoyed myself a set of 3 hours and 30 minutes is some going.

ZupZup

The Killers in Manchester next week and Waxahatchee in July… with a plenty of acts at Glastonbury in between.

Superunknown

Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer on Monday. Brilliant gig, both bands were really on form and played hit-filled setlists. On now to Limp Bizkit and Tom Morello today.
I went to see them in London last week. Christ, it was so fecking good. Weezer were awesome, but I was really there for the Pumpkins, who didn't disappoint. The Everlasting Gaze as an intro is phenomenal. It was just amazing. One of those gigs I wish I could just immediately relive again straight after finishing.

Saw Tool the week before, so I'm on an insane run right now. Seen both of my favourite drummers in the same week period....hnnngggg.

I love the Pumpkins. Saw them at Glastonbury in 2013, but only Billy remained from the original lineup. It just hits so much harder with both James and Jimmy there. HUGE difference to when I last saw them. No comparison.