What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was listening to the "transfer podcast" 2 days ago (Raphael Honigstein and others), where they were talking about United looking to recoup what they paid. I was fairly livid :lol:

We are being told 60m for AWB, 80-90m for Maguire, Barca paid 130m for Coutinho and Dembele, the market has gone totally nuts. 150m sounds about right. They can market the shit out of him.

With Pogba you are buying an outrageous talent and an idea of its fruition.

Danish Wizard

125 mio pounds in cash. Have to be realistic.

If Juventus are interested then Cancelo & Dybala could go the other way.

Wouldn’t swap with any Real players, that they would give us.

hobbers

£120m at the absolute minimum.

Real have no players to swap with really, but Dybala+Cancelo from Juve would go a long way, maybe even without any additional money.

Swap deals never actually happen though.

Litch

Given the length of time left on his contract, wouldn't want any less than £160m.

marktan

£130m.

I'd take a gamble on £80m + Asensio. If we're selling Lukaku too I'd take Asensio + another player too.

CM

Hazard went for £130m with just a year left on his contract so we should be looking for comfortably more than that.

siw2007

£150million. Other teams should pay through the teeth for him and at our valuation, not theirs. Also not interested in any player exchanges.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If Juve want him. Make a deal. I'm sure between Cancelo, Bentacur and Dybala we could come to some sort of arrangement.
If not, sell to the highest bidder.

Between this, the potential Lukaku money, the supposed 100m we had left over last year, as well as this years budget, lets just start again

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
More than 150 million. Ideally the world record should be broken. But the problem is, that Madrid seem to be strengthening their hand by Pogba yearning to leave. A part of me thinks they're setting it up for a lower fee for next summer. A player who has been aching to leave for a whole year and the second summer I imagine would cost less?

IhabX7

More than 150 million. Ideally the world record should be broken. But the problem is, that Madrid seem to be strengthening their hand by Pogba yearning to leave. A part of me thinks they're setting it up for a lower fee for next summer. A player who has been aching to leave for a whole year and the second summer I imagine would cost less?
Why should we care? Coutinho wanted out, Hazard wanted out for years, Bale wanted out, Neymar wanted out.

Woodenlung

I don't think we should be looking at players plus cash for Pogba. Go with the guys we've been scouting extensively even if it means playing a bit more.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Too low. Unless you're adding on 50 million. And change it to pounds too while you're at it.
He has already said that he wants to go and we are still in mid-June.
There is still a long time to keep pushing.
We need his commitment that Juventus is not an option and let time pass, or at least it is what I would do.
I do not think Solskjaer wants to start a project with a disgruntled player for 30 or 40 million,but who knows,I don't know how desperate is Zidane

flappyjay

£130m.

I'd take a gamble on £80m + Asensio. If we're selling Lukaku too I'd take Asensio + another player too.
He is coming off a bad season and has never been a starter, could another Morata type situation. We have to take calculated risks

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

We need his commitment that Juventus is not an option and let time pass, or at least it is what I would do.
I do not think Solskjaer wants to start a project with a disgruntled player for 30 or 40 million,but who knows,I don't know how desperate is Zidane
That is cute. Coutinho pulled all the tricks he could and still ended up going for about £142M. Pogba is way more marketable so pay up or sign Eriksen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
At the same time, we are absolutely loaded and can comfortably sit back and wait for a monster fee to be met. No cash crunch issues, FFP requirements or contract duration problems here.

buckooo1978

hes leaving this Summer for 130 or next Summer for 100 I'd say

he's an elite midfield player in the right team and we dont need to sell.....

it makes sense for us to keep him another year to manage the transition ahead.... Herrera gone with Matic, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Young, De Gea, Mata and others out the door in the next 14 months

a bit of a kick in the teeth but not unexpected - think De Gea could be next

R'hllor

That is cute. Coutinho pulled all the tricks he could and still ended up going for about £142M. Pogba is way more marketable so pay up or sign Eriksen.
His mask is slippin and he is flapping his gums, get him boss! Just kidding, white text for white underwear waving mfs

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
At the same time, we are absolutely loaded and can comfortably sit back and wait for a monster fee to be met. No cash crunch issues, FFP requirements or contract duration problems here.
The contract duration is right, and the Marketing, but the issue is that he has said that wants a new project.
Would you take 140 as soon as possible to buy players and plan the new season or you would keep your position in 180/200.
Coutinho's price isn't the currency of the market, although maybe United are willing to wait until january/next june while they keep rebuilding.
Always assuming that won't renew

Patrick08

The contract duration is right, and the Marketing, but the issue is that he has said that wants a new project.
Would you take 140 as soon as possible to buy players and plan the new season or you would keep your position in 180/200.
Coutinho's price isn't the currency of the market, although maybe United are willing to wait until january/next june while they keep rebuilding.
We'd wait for 180m. We can spend 140 m on our own.

IrishRedDevil

£150m and not a penny less. Add-ons should also be included on top of that for winning the league, CL, individual awards etc.

Don’t want any players in exchange.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
The fact that Coutinho went for £142m shows the market has gone crazy which means I think Pogba would go for close to £200m. Crazy money of course but I wouldn’t sell him for less than that with 3 years left on his contract. We spent £93m on this guy and I don’t feel he has regressed as a player at all therefore our profit margin on such a talent should be big enough for us before we let him go. Especially considering we forked out a world record bid to secure to his services.

If he goes, it will be on our terms and I hope we have his replacements before he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.