What would make you change your opinion on Ole

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
1. I never said he shouldn't have signed a CB. However 80m for Maguire is crazy. Its like a working class person who need transportation to go to work. Instead of him buying a bus season ticket or a car he goes on buying a land rover for the price of a Ferrari
2. Youths are great but you simply can't rely on them to fill certain gaping holes especially in a team with little talent and zero leadership. We keep mentioning the class of 92. However what many fail to mention is that they were older then the likes of Garner are, they were put in a team that had some real leaders and quality and they were phased in slowly. There's a good way of doing things and an amateur way of doing things. Sir Alex did the former, Ole well, the latter.
3. And that what we should have done.Our squad is simply too thin to challenge for everything. Sir Alex did threw cups away as well. Also if the kids are that good then surely they can beat Tranmere right? FFS we're talking about a club who are in the relegation zone of League 1.
4. I don't think that there's any Carrick fans around in here (as coach) or anywhere else really. The guy really got the job out of pure nepotism. Also no one stopped Ole to bring in some top coaches instead of his mates Dempsey and Hartis did they?
1. We needed a proven CB. Yes, we could have spent 20 or 30 and bought someone who might grow into the position. We just weren't in a position to take a chance. We did that with Bailley. PL-proven CBs go for 60 and up and Maguire was available. The bottom line is

Shaw/Williams........Maguire......Lindelof.......AWB

is a much better defense than

Young/Shaw............Lindelof/Bailley/Jones........Rojo/Smalling......Valencia/Darmian.

I don't think anyone can say otherwise.

2 and 3. I agree it's all about the squad strength. You didn't answer my other question, though, related to the squad:

Do you really think Ole decided to NOT buy any Forwards and Midfielders last summer? Really? Or do you think he and the club tried but nothing good developed? What's the more likely scenario? Even big clubs can't just snap their fingers and get transfers done.

4. I don't know anything about Carrick, Dempsey and Hartis as coaches so I'm not going to comment. A manager should have his choice of staff so no one should have stopped him from hiring who he wanted. If he chooses unwisely, that will cost him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Where do you think all of the money was going to come from to buy two defenders, two midfielders, two wingers and a forward in one window?

Most of you on here live in dreamland, too much fantasy football and FIFA

In real life, clubs have budgets, transfers take months to negotiate (in and out), players and agents change their minds at the last minute...

And yes it is all part of the plan...a very clear and obvious plan that’s been in place since Ole started and is being followed to the letter
What? You're twisting my words. Where did i even hint at everything to be completed in one window?

Bruno was available in the summer. You can't tell me that purchasing Maguire for £80m & losing Smalling in the process was an intelligent decision over upgrading the midfield/attack which we all knew beforehand was crying out for serious upgrades.

So i think the upgrade on Smalling with Maguire is minimal for the cost paid (£80m), and the opportunity cost for not being able to bring in a quality experienced attacker or midfielder (Bruno), i question heavily. The defence wasn't a massive problem under Mourinho, our lack of goals and creativity was the bigger problem i would say. Solskjaer's decision to not strengthen these areas with quality to me is highly questionable.

When he had already been here months before, and seen the same problems we're facing now, (lack of creativity/quality in attack), to think that he would neglect all that and prioritise defence instead is mind boggling.
That was my argument.

Like you said, ''In real life, clubs have budgets''. So there is an opportunity cost. So it was his choice. Wouldn't it make sense to upgrade your positions of utmost importance first?

We have Lingard playing AM, who hasn't contributed anything in a year. Yet you're saying ''It's all part of the plan...a very clear and obvious plan that’s been in place since Ole started and is being followed to the letter''.

This plan where we overplay our players into the ground whilst carrying injuries (Rashford,McTominay,Pogba) then desperately overpay for Bruno & any old striker who will come here on loan in the January window, what a marvelous plan:

Sporting Lisbon vice-president Francisco Salgado Zenha claims Manchester United paid over the odds for Bruno Fernandes.

After a long-running and drawn out transfer saga, Zenha is under no doubts his side were the ones to win the negotations.

They are believed to have netted around £46million in advance with scope for more than £20m more in add-ons - and he says they held their nerve after United wrongly believed they would cave.

"I realised in the negotiations that Manchester United was convinced that we were going to give in and that for 50 million euros he was doing the deal. Well, they ended up paying 65 million," Zenha said, via Record.

"They were wrong and ended up paying what we wanted. We went to get 20 million more than if we had sold four months ago."
We are overpaying because of this plan. What do you have to say about that?

All that's missing is the laa at the end of your post. It would all make sense then.

Last edited:

Schmeichel=God

Well I'm quite bad really, because during the matches, casting a steely eye upon the physical evidence on pitch, I generally become totally Ole out.

What system we see, when we see it, is very poor. With this being the case for a time period of more than enough leeway I cannot in the moment logically consider being Ole in. There is zero evidence of training ground drills making their way to match day. Off the ball movement, general positional intelligence (strikers actually getting into goalscoring areas), passing patterns, set piece proficiency - both attack wise and defensively; all are lacking. Overall it seems like Ole desperately needs to bring in some expert coaches.

But then after some time elapses, after the emotions of the match day thread subside, I take a moment to think about the virtue of patience and the realities of how empires aren't built in a day. I take the time to consider the positives around Ole's tenure so far.

We've had more than enough evidence now of how long it takes managers to shape their own squad. When a manager decides a player and his mentality isn't for him it takes time to jettison said individual. Then there's probably at least 33% of each inherited squad that a manager would rather not be there. With each individual coming and going there is a dressing room/training ground shift in togetherness. If we think back to what made the 99 team so strong, or in general Sir Alex's squads, it was respect, accountability, a strong thread of understanding throughout the squad.

I'm finally starting to accept that getting on the road to a recreation of that takes time. Ole isn't half having as tough a time of it as you can imagine: the amount of articles written about every little issue; the results themselves; Poch's sudden availability, amongst more besides. Ole has held himself throughout as well as, if not better than any other manager might have. Meanwhile, if you believe what you read, players are coming out in his defence, urging the board to stick by him.

We've certainly been at many crossroads that's for sure, but I like to think of the current time as a very important one for persisting with the culture change. In my opinion, Ole is succeeding with his current remit of keeping the ship on course, managing the constant to-ing and fro-ing of the day to day tide as he builds toward that goal of a well oiled entity, the likes of which we haven't seen for well on the way to a decade.

The thing is I don't trust a new manager to continue the work that Ole and it has to be said, Ed of late, have started in moving to redress the footballing world's perception of Manchester United: - how we deal with agents, how we target players, the noises we allow the media to make and what we feed them, nurturing the lifeblood from our youth system. There is evidence of stabilisation in this collective regard.

There's much work to be done across the board and most certainly on the pitch of course; but starting it all again, that journey of however many years it takes a manager to construct a unit in his image, whilst remaining true to a club ethos....I don't fancy chucking Ole to the Lions just yet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
1. We needed a proven CB. Yes, we could have spent 20 or 30 and bought someone who might grow into the position. We just weren't in a position to take a chance. We did that with Bailley. PL-proven CBs go for 60 and up and Maguire was available. The bottom line is

Shaw/Williams........Maguire......Lindelof.......AWB

is a much better defense than

Young/Shaw............Lindelof/Bailley/Jones........Rojo/Smalling......Valencia/Darmian.

I don't think anyone can say otherwise.

2 and 3. I agree it's all about the squad strength. You didn't answer my other question, though, related to the squad:

Do you really think Ole decided to NOT buy any Forwards and Midfielders last summer? Really? Or do you think he and the club tried but nothing good developed? What's the more likely scenario? Even big clubs can't just snap their fingers and get transfers done.

4. I don't know anything about Carrick, Dempsey and Hartis as coaches so I'm not going to comment. A manager should have his choice of staff so no one should have stopped him from hiring who he wanted. If he chooses unwisely, that will cost him.
Well Id rather see us spend 30m on a promising punt then 80m with no chance in hell of ever becoming WC especially since we work on a limited budget and we had a certain midfield to cater for. Sure the defence is better now then before however that improvement is certainly not worth 130m. Also it meant nothing considering we had the worst start since 1989 which was quite predictable since we started the season with basically no midfield.

Regarding your second comment, Ole should have known that like any other club which doesn't run on petrodollars, we work on a budget. He should have also known that if he spent 130m on defenders then there will be little/no budget to spend on anything else really. So that's on him as well. He chose to blow most of our budget on two decent but hardly WC defenders, the most expensive of whom, used to play with a team who are now 3rd without him. Leicester must have laughed their way to the bank.

Ole got his priority wrong during the summer, he overrated the kids which then forced him to play the same players again and again and he didn't prioritised on what was important which added more fatigue on players. We're currently ninth, with the worst start since 1989 and below 'super clubs' like Sheffield United, Everton, Wolves and Leicester. We're closer to 18th place West Ham (11 points) then 3rd place Leicester (15 points) ie the club we stripped that 80m rated CB from. That's unacceptable.

Last edited:

gerdm07

Well Id rather see us spend 30m on a promising punt then 80m with no chance in hell of ever becoming WC especially since we work on a limited budget and we had a certain midfield to cater for. Sure the defence is better now then before however that improvement is certainly not worth 130m. Also it meant nothing considering we had the worst start since 1989 which was quite predictable since we started the season with basically no midfield.

Regarding your second comment, Ole should have known that like any other club which doesn't run on petrodollars, we work on a budget. He should have also known that if he spent 130m on defenders then there will be little/no budget to spend on anything else really. So that's on him as well. He chose to blow most of our budget on two decent but hardly WC defenders, the most expensive of whom, used to play with a team who are now 3rd without him. Leicester must have laughed their way to the bank.

Ole got his priority wrong during the summer, he overrated the kids which then forced him to play the same players again and again and he didn't prioritised on what was important which added more fatigue on players. We're currently ninth, with the worst start since 1989 and below 'super clubs' like Sheffield United, Everton, Wolves and Leicester. We're closer to 18th place West Ham (11 points) then 3rd place Leicester (15 points) ie the club we stripped that 80m rated CB from. That's unacceptable.
You keep saying Maguire is not WC and yet he is a starter on England's squad that is ranked 4th in the world coming off a very good WC. We also sold Lukaku for 73m so I think we had the funds for other transfers. I'm fairly certain the club tried to replace Herrera and Lukaku and it just didn't work out.

So on your limited budget you want to hire a new manager for millions and millions like what we did with LvG and Mourinho. Sounds really smart.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I want to see consistently good football. Scraped wins mean nothing to me in this context. Even then I wouldn't be convinced he's the right man moving forward. Said football would have to continue all next season too.

f_to_z

I would give hime one more season on the basis he got all his transfers right this season. One more summer with another 3-4 correct signings and the season thats follows. If he does not improve immensely then will drop the white towel and will change to Ole out gang.

RollieOle

Cant judge the man on this season. Our best player has been out injured all season. Our two best attackers have been out for considerable periods of time. Our most consistent performer has been out injured also.

The board has sold or let go 8 first team players and has only brought in 2 proper first team players at the start of the season, Dan James being a signing for the future.

Back the manager in the summer, fufil this long term vision that we have been hearing about, then we can properly judge Ole as a manager.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well I'm quite bad really, because during the matches, casting a steely eye upon the physical evidence on pitch, I generally become totally Ole out.

What system we see, when we see it, is very poor. With this being the case for a time period of more than enough leeway I cannot in the moment logically consider being Ole in. There is zero evidence of training ground drills making their way to match day. Off the ball movement, general positional intelligence (strikers actually getting into goalscoring areas), passing patterns, set piece proficiency - both attack wise and defensively; all are lacking. Overall it seems like Ole desperately needs to bring in some expert coaches.

But then after some time elapses, after the emotions of the match day thread subside, I take a moment to think about the virtue of patience and the realities of how empires aren't built in a day. I take the time to consider the positives around Ole's tenure so far.

We've had more than enough evidence now of how long it takes managers to shape their own squad. When a manager decides a player and his mentality isn't for him it takes time to jettison said individual. Then there's probably at least 33% of each inherited squad that a manager would rather not be there. With each individual coming and going there is a dressing room/training ground shift in togetherness. If we think back to what made the 99 team so strong, or in general Sir Alex's squads, it was respect, accountability, a strong thread of understanding throughout the squad.

I'm finally starting to accept that getting on the road to a recreation of that takes time. Ole isn't half having as tough a time of it as you can imagine: the amount of articles written about every little issue; the results themselves; Poch's sudden availability, amongst more besides. Ole has held himself throughout as well as, if not better than any other manager might have. Meanwhile, if you believe what you read, players are coming out in his defence, urging the board to stick by him.

We've certainly been at many crossroads that's for sure, but I like to think of the current time as a very important one for persisting with the culture change. In my opinion, Ole is succeeding with his current remit of keeping the ship on course, managing the constant to-ing and fro-ing of the day to day tide as he builds toward that goal of a well oiled entity, the likes of which we haven't seen for well on the way to a decade.

The thing is I don't trust a new manager to continue the work that Ole and it has to be said, Ed of late, have started in moving to redress the footballing world's perception of Manchester United: - how we deal with agents, how we target players, the noises we allow the media to make and what we feed them, nurturing the lifeblood from our youth system. There is evidence of stabilisation in this collective regard.

There's much work to be done across the board and most certainly on the pitch of course; but starting it all again, that journey of however many years it takes a manager to construct a unit in his image, whilst remaining true to a club ethos....I don't fancy chucking Ole to the Lions just yet.
Good post

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Cant judge the man on this season. Our best player has been out injured all season. Our two best attackers have been out for considerable periods of time. Our most consistent performer has been out injured also.

The board has sold or let go 8 first team players and has only brought in 2 proper first team players at the start of the season, Dan James being a signing for the future.

Back the manager in the summer, fufil this long term vision that we have been hearing about, then we can properly judge Ole as a manager.
Good post

jamesjimmybyrondean

You know he's been a manager for 10 years right :houllier:? You think 10 years and a season and a half at United is not enough to judge whether a manager is good enough for us or not?

croadyman

Well, we started the season with a ridiculously thin fault cause the manager preferred blowing 130m in defence rather then tackling midfield. That's what I call starting the season on the wrong foot. Anyway, an experienced manager would acknowledge how thin his squad is and prioritise (Europa league and maybe the EPL?). That wasn't Ole's way though who kept playing the same players again and again irrespective whether we played Liverpool or Tranmere. That of course leads to fatigue and wear and tear problems which in turn lead the manager to ask players to do more sacrifices for the cause which in turn lead to more injuries. Managers do ask players to make sacrifices, even potentially career threatened ones. We did that to Blomqvist during the CL final for example.

Also note that the training staff is chosen by the manager. Maybe its time he adds more experience instead of matey Carrick, Mckenna, Dempsey and Hartis

Ole is lucky that we didn't lost any more pieces when he fielded a near full team in Tranmere's potato field.
So much of this is absolutely spot on, I will hold my hands up and say I thought we were right to spend big on the defence last summer but after seeing how dead we have look creativity wise this season, however right now it's starting to look like a really costly mistake indeed.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You keep saying Maguire is not WC and yet he is a starter on England's squad that is ranked 4th in the world coming off a very good WC. We also sold Lukaku for 73m so I think we had the funds for other transfers. I'm fairly certain the club tried to replace Herrera and Lukaku and it just didn't work out.

So on your limited budget you want to hire a new manager for millions and millions like what we did with LvG and Mourinho. Sounds really smart.
Use any metrics you want. Our defence this year is much worse than all, bar maybe probably moyes season

OhGee

Heck yes I can blame him. Was Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku (not I did not mention Sanchez and Smalling) not gone under his watch and he failed to provide adequate cover for them? Did he not put all his eggs in the Pogba basket and relying totally on him when a) Pogba made it publicly known that he wanted to leave and b) Pogba has had a history of picking injuries consistently? Did he not also chose to play his first team regulars in all of the matches all of the time forcing injuries and recurrence of injuries to them?

Oh and did he not say that he has total control of the transfers into and out of United?

So yes, I blame Ole totally for where we are as a club right now. Do I want him to succeed? Yes because success for Ole is success for my club. Do I see him turning things around? Let’s see, we finally added a (nother) creative midfielder to our squad whom I believe will create more chances for our forwards - how Ole plays him will determine whether he can effect the changes and produce the resists we all wish to see at the club...

devilish

Wtf. Taffarel was part of Brazil WC winning team. Was he WC? Of course he wasn't. Same with Maguire who is neither WC nor worth 80m. We paid premium cause he is English.

Pushing lukaku out was also a big mistake. Sure everyone likes to see fast paced football. However most of the time you want a strong and powerful striker who can break defenses up. Ole recognised that mistake this January by first going for Haaland then he settled for ighalo. We have a manager who is getting on the job training and we are the ones who are suffering for his inexperience

devilish

So much of this is absolutely spot on, I will hold my hands up and say I thought we were right to spend big on the defence last summer but after seeing how dead we have look creativity wise this season, however right now it's starting to look like a really costly mistake indeed.
I don't blame fans. It is easy to be carried away by big signings. Maguire also served Woodward's agenda well. He hit the headlines by being the most expensive defender in the world for a player who was previously on a Leicester FC salary. His signing also made it easier for the club to shut doors after just 3 signings made

I do blame ole though cause he should have known better. Clubs whose not running on petrodollars cannot sign 4-5 players on 50m - 80m a pop. That's not possible. He also pushed lukaku out prior of securing a replacement. That was a huge mistake as well

Wing Attack Plan R

So many threads are at loggerheads at the moment between Ole in and Ole out, both have good points, but I read the same arguments every day to the point of distraction and it's rare that anyone concedes anything, everything feels very entrenched and polarised.

So Ole in posters what would it take to change your position?

How low could the win rate percentage drop? or how low would you go in the league this season before you change your mind?

And Ole out posters, how many wins on the trot would change your mind, which signings in the summer might make you think again?

What does Ole do that changes anyone's opinion?
Honestly, if Ole started doing any of the theatrics we saw Jose do when he wasn't getting his way, such as playing McTominay as a centerback or putting Dalot up as a winger, then it's Ole Out for me. Or if Ole started publicly dressing down his players, as Jose did, or if it becomes clear he's lost the dressing = Ole Out.

Winning 1-0 boring games would get us back up the table but I want to enjoy the thrill of watching a great attacking team again. If Ole started being ultra pragmatic like LVG was, where he stifled all creativity out of the team, I would also switch to Ole Out.

It will be interesting to see how Ighalo is used, if Ole deploys him to be the back-to-goal target man, because that is not usually how United play and it's not usually what anyone wants to see. If Ighalo becomes a glorified Lukaku / Fellaini, then I would not be sad to see Ole replaced.

It's about enjoying watching this team. It's about playing in a recognizable United style that is worthy of past heroes.

James Ward

Lets just make one thing clear, Klopp would not have spending 200 on Maguire, AWB, James and Bruno Fernandez.

Klopp loves players who can comfortably run with the ball and can press.. None of the above players would make his Liverpool team or even Man City's team.

I'm probably been a bit harsh on Bruno but I just don't see that element to his game.

Lentwood

What? You're twisting my words. Where did i even hint at everything to be completed in one window?

That was my argument.

Like you said, ''In real life, clubs have budgets''. So there is an opportunity cost. So it was his choice. Wouldn't it make sense to upgrade your positions of utmost importance first?

We have Lingard playing AM, who hasn't contributed anything in a year. Yet you're saying ''It's all part of the plan...a very clear and obvious plan that’s been in place since Ole started and is being followed to the letter''.

This plan where we overplay our players into the ground whilst carrying injuries (Rashford,McTominay,Pogba) then desperately overpay for Bruno & any old striker who will come here on loan in the January window, what a marvelous plan:

We are overpaying because of this plan. What do you have to say about that?

All that's missing is the laa at the end of your post. It would all make sense then.
So Sporting’s desperate Chairman says we paid over the odds for Bruno? Come on, you must know how weak that argument is. We just paid £46m upfront to sign a regular Portuguese International in his prime in a world where Everton supposedly just turned down £80m for Richarlison...even if Bruno turns out to be hopeless nobody is going to tell me we overpaid.

You understand opportunity cost so you must understand my point...Utd spent their budget in the Summer on defenders, the opportunity cost was not signing midfielders/strikers. If we had signed a midfielder or a striker, we wouldn’t have been able to sign two defenders.

I understand exactly what Ole was thinking. Sort out the defence first and make us difficult to beat. It hasn’t quite worked out that way in practice but whatever he had done, people would have argued he should have done the opposite so it’s lose-lose.

lysglimt

Scout
For me we are being linked the to the right players, our youngsters will continue to improve - but if we get 3-4 players in during the summer, avoid the insane injuries and still not dramatically improve - then he is in trouble.

But I would under no circumstances fire him now - I would give him this next transfer window with backing to get 3 quality player sin - while Selling Pogba, and I Think we have a cracking team by the start of the next season. If we don't improve then - he is in trouble. But I am convinced if we can get any 2 players of Sancho, Maddison and Grealish - we will improve a lot.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's assuming there is one and the club hasn't been lying to the fans

jamesjimmybyrondean

Won quite a few trophies in that time. Kind of defeats your point.
feck me :lol: .. You think winning the league that is ranked 22nd twice 8 fecking years ago and relegating Cardiff defeats my point that he's not good enough??? Or are you talking about his playing career.

Just look at how he's spent his managerial career so far.. His last achievement was winning the Norwegian league ranked 22nd in the world eight fecking years ago. His time in the premier league has him relegating Cardiff followed by a poor showing in the championship. His time with us has us on course to our lowest point tally in over 30 years.

How anyone thinks he needs a fit squad or transfer window before they can judge whether he's good enough for us is beyond me. He doesn't even need a squad to know if he's good enough.. He has been in the game for 10 fecking years and we can judge whether he's good enough for us by his managerial career not when Pogba and Mctominay are fit or when we replace Lingard with Grealish. You look at Steve Bruce managerial career and you know he's not good enough for us.. You look at Eddie Howe managerial career and you know he's not good enough for us. Why is it Ole who needs a fit squad or transfer window before we can judge if he's good enough for us even after spending 10 years in coaching.. Even after leading us to our lowest point tally in 30 years.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
feck me :lol: .. You think winning the league that is ranked 22nd twice 8 fecking years ago and relegating Cardiff defeats my point that he's not good enough??? Or are you talking about his playing career.

Just look at how he's spent his managerial career so far.. His last achievement was winning the Norwegian league ranked 22nd in the world eight fecking years ago. His time in the premier league has him relegating Cardiff followed by a poor showing in the championship. His time with us has us on course to our lowest point tally in over 30 years.

How anyone thinks he needs a fit squad or transfer window before they can judge whether he's good enough for us is beyond me. He doesn't even need a squad to know if he's good enough.. He has been in the game for 10 fecking years and we can judge whether he's good enough for us by his managerial career not when Pogba and Mctominay are fit or when we replace Lingard with Grealish.
So all just no opinions and no facts.

Im guessing SAF also just wont one shitty league before he arrived, in your opinion?

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Last season were turned to shit after the PSG game.
The excuse for that was that our players weren't fit enough. "Give Ole a pre-season, then judge him".
Well, we did that and we are currently in 9th place.
So, now, "let's give him another transfer window to see how he does".
When he fails next season, what will be the next excuse/reason to allow Ole to continue to fail?

Also, regarding the long term plan - there is no plan. Ole will most likely be fired in the Summer, if results continue like this. and when the new manager comes in, we will likely see a new "vision/plan" which will also involve a different set of players.
I like that the board are giving the manager lee-way BUT they are giving the wrong manager lee-way. He is the worst manager we've had since SAF and this is the guy who we are backing more than the previous managers? It makes no sense.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So all just no opinions and no facts.

Im guessing SAF also just wont one shitty league before he arrived, in your opinion?
SAF won the league with a side called Aberdeen. Aberdeen who?
He beat Celtic/Rangers, which is almost impossible.
And let's not forget that he won a EU trophy.
Sides like Aberdeen should not be winning EU trophies.

Had Ole not got Cardiff relegated. Had he won the league in Norway with a side who has never won a league before. Had he won a EU trophy. Then and only then could we compare Ole to SAF.
And let's not forget, at MUFC, Ole has resided over our worst start in the history of the EPL. Why is this fact being ignored?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole's coaching staff includes a experienced Phelan who's last role was as a DOF at some Australian team no ones heard of and was said to have been doing a poor job considering, a u18 coach in McKenna and a complete novice in Carrick.

So,not only are Ole's credentials for the main role questionable but also the coaching staff he surrounds himself with.

Chairman Steve

People will point to the injuries we have as a reason to give him more time, but there’s evidence that some of these injuries are of OGS‘s own making, like Pogba being rushed back for Rochdale and his most recent one during the New Year period where it was all “Pogba will be available” then three days later it’s “He’s out for a few weeks”

And then Rashford getting played with a back injury, causing him to be out for weeks. I don’t know whether McTominays injury was directly correlated to potential negligence but he was playing a lot of minutes at the time. Then that Maguire hip injury scare which really could have been bad.

Injuries do happen naturally unfortunately but injuries where we’ve mis-managed the situation is bad. This is why going into this season with a skeleton crew was suicide.

Does any club want a manager who potentially doesnt know how to handle injury management of players or worse, a manager who desperately wants to risk injuring players who aren’t fully fit, to save themselves at the risk of harming the players’ long term career?

theklr

Top 4 and/or EL win. Maybe a FA cup win, but i doubt it. He has had so many chances to climb up the league but wasted them all.

Our attacking and set piece play has been dreadful most of the time.

If that doesnt happen I want Poch or Allegri.

SlothIsLove

If we keep playing dire football and be clueless on the pitch, then he needs to get us CL football next season, either by winning the EL or getting top 4 place (or top 5 if City is banned?) to change my mind.

Or, if we somehow show some progress, play good attacking football, and are able to break down teams that sit deep, then a place within top 6 and going far in the EL is good enough for me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
SAF won the league with a side called Aberdeen. Aberdeen who?
He beat Celtic/Rangers, which is almost impossible.
And let's not forget that he won a EU trophy.
Sides like Aberdeen should not be winning EU trophies.

Had Ole not got Cardiff relegated. Had he won the league in Norway with a side who has never won a league before. Had he won a EU trophy. Then and only then could we compare Ole to SAF.
And let's not forget, at MUFC, Ole has resided over our worst start in the history of the EPL. Why is this fact being ignored?
Erm: that’s exactly what he did!

And SAF has a torrid time to start with at the club.

I’m not saying OGS will defo replicate any of SAFs success but the start points and initial troubles are similar.

gerdm07

Wtf. Taffarel was part of Brazil WC winning team. Was he WC? Of course he wasn't. Same with Maguire who is neither WC nor worth 80m. We paid premium cause he is English.

Pushing lukaku out was also a big mistake. Sure everyone likes to see fast paced football. However most of the time you want a strong and powerful striker who can break defenses up. Ole recognised that mistake this January by first going for Haaland then he settled for ighalo. We have a manager who is getting on the job training and we are the ones who are suffering for his inexperience
Well we all suffered under LvG and most of Mou's time with some pretty lousy football. IMO when we have played well under Ole the football has been more attractive and hopeful than what I saw from both the great managers in LvG and Mou. Do we need to be more consistent, hell yes.

It was reported that Man City offered 70m and 278k a month wages for Maguire before we bought him. I guess you know better than Pep and other experts when it comes to who is WC or not.

laughtersassassin

He would have to become a good manager over night for me to change my mind at this stage.

I have seen enough to know he isn't good enough