Other Which famous person's death affected you the most?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Lou Reed was tough, loved his music.

This one is weird... I loved Joy Division in high school, but knew zero about the band. I went to the cinema to watch Control without knowing Ian Curtis had killed himself, it was a punch in the gut watching those final minutes of the movie.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Lots of people here I didn't know were dead, or I'd never heard of in the first place, but I don't feel stupid because I just can not believe we have got to page three without anyone saying Georgie Best.

Cole9

James Gandolfini. Might be a weird thing to say but it felt like losing a friend.

Aaliyah. I can still remember the day it happened.

DMX.

Kobe Bryant. Such a tragedy that his daughter and others died too.

:(

Last edited:

decorativeed

Lou Reed was tough, loved his music.

This one is weird... I loved Joy Division in high school, but knew zero about the band. I went to the cinema to watch Control without knowing Ian Curtis had killed himself, it was a punch in the gut watching those final minutes of the movie.
Why did you think he wasnt in New Order?

decorativeed

Never really thought about it, he died years before I was born, so I just assumed they were an old band that split up in the meantime.
Ah, right. He died the year I was born, but I always found it was one of the first things anyone mentioned about the band when I got into them.

Also, a friend of mine studied photography in the same class as Curtis's daughter at Manchester University. When she had her end of term show, loads of the Factory Records guys were there wandering around.

Eriku

I’m not sure I’ve experienced a celebrity death being that significant to me.

SAF and David Attenborough are going to wreck me, I’m sure.

Sylar

Chester Bennington for sure
Linkin park was always my go to music for studying, or when I was down during school. Still listen to it as part of my playlist when working out or driving

Bertie Wooster

Definitely Norm Macdonald for me.

Some other celebrity deaths have saddened me to a similar level, but most of those were expected age wise so the shock value was a lot less. The announcement of Norm's death was such a shock - and it came during a time I was spending ages binge watching him on YouTube so to suddenly see he'd died hit me so hard.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Princess Diana. Im not a royalist or anything but when it happened myself and some friends were in the middle of a really strong acid trip in my pub. We had music on and was just tripping with the telly on silent in the corner of the pub when it came on. I wasn’t sure if it was real or not. I’m still not to this day. One of the girls in the group started crying uncontrollably and that obviously brought the mood of the whole group down as we tried to reassure her. Bad trip in the end. Yeah it affected me in a weird way.

Bebe

Kobe. Normally don't feel much or anything when a famous person dies, but that one hit me like a ton of bricks.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Small fry but a YouTuber called TotalBiscuit. He was excellent and a true character.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Benoit killed his family and children right? Then committed suicide? Incredibly tragic.
As the story goes yep. No reason not to believe it but there's always been a little conspiracy around it from conspiracy theorists.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
These 13 people. Changed everything for me and my views on politics, guns, and life in general.