Which player will dominate football in the next decade?

The Siege

I don't think anyone's going to stand out as nearly as much as Ronaldo and Messi did as the top of the top. Mbappe, Haaland, Fati, Foden, Vinicius are all names we'll keep an eye on as exciting talent. I don't see anyone paying much long term attention to the defensive talents on the list.

pacifictheme

I think it'll be more like the decade prior to Messi and Ronaldo where different players excelled every year.

Himannv

Mbappé I think. Not because I think he's a lot better than the others but because I think he'll join Real Madrid, be their main man, and consistently score against the weaker La Liga teams. I think he'll win more than the others as a result and consistently be up for the big awards.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
There is no player in the world with Messi level of talent / or Ronaldo level of drive.
Mbappe and Haaland look like top class but just a level below are all the listed players + Greenwood, who I think could reach that top class level as he's already doing wonders in amazingly shite team.

clonsolar

Emile Smith Rowe is a class player whose maturity and decision making is way beyond his years. I'd liken him to a young Iniesta.

This dominate for the next decade notion only came up in Messi and Ronaldo era with their insane stats, numbers and longetivity. Both are freak of natures and greatest of all time. Before them, nobody dominates the game for a decade (even Zidane, Ronaldo, Dinho, Nedved etc etc etc). These are legends of the game but they did not dominate the game like Messi and Ronaldo. We can expect things go back to before after both retire. Haaland, Mbappe, and these current crops may become legends of the game one day but they wont be as dominant as Messi or Ronaldo.
This.

Absolutely no-one, it simply doesn’t happen. That’s how good this pair are.

MUFC OK

Sulemana could be a top 10 player in Europe. Looks to be one of the best dribblers out there and is adding goals to his game.

The sort of signing Liverpool would make..

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Don't think his body is going to play along. I expect him to have a Robben type of career. Great whenever he's fit, but poised to miss out 50% of the games.

KeanoMagicHat

Mbappé and Haaland have actually done as much as Messi and Ronaldo really in their teens/early 20s, so who knows. They need to seriously accelerate now though if they're going to be that level.

JB7

I realise it's a list in no particular order but what right does Sako have being anywhere near that list let alone the first name on it

Cloud7

When Mbappe gets out of PSG I think it’s gonna end up being him

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'd still back Mbappé. It's fascinating that people talk about him declining considering that he just had the most productive season of his career, dominating in Europe as well as in France. Haaland is an obvious choice for the runner up spot.

And he's going to be boosted by the inevitable move to Real Madrid.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Don't think there will be any. Mbappe and Haaland aren't as good as their goal counts suggest and people will realize at some point that there's much more to football than scoring.

Moreover, there doesn't seem to be any prodigy of Messi levels around that could stand out. Sancho, Felix, Wirtz, Foden, Greenwood, Havertz, Musiala, Fati, Vinicius, Pedri, etc. all have what it takes to become the best in this generation and most likely it will be much closer than in the previous decade. Similar to how it was before Cristiano won his first Ballon Dor

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I’ll go Kyogo and Jota
Fun fact: Jota was probably the player Benfica fans had most hopes for. In youth teams and B team he was by far the best player, even better than João Félix. Hope he can still make it.

JoaquinJoaquin

Some people mentioned Greenwood. Despite the obvious talent, he just seem not to have the x factor that pedri haaland and mbappe had at that age. Greenwood i think will be around the level of rashford. And thats good. Halaand for me.
He is probably better than Rashford now tbh.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Mbappé I think. Not because I think he's a lot better than the others but because I think he'll join Real Madrid, be their main man, and consistently score against the weaker La Liga teams. I think he'll win more than the others as a result and consistently be up for the big awards.
I think he is better than the others for the most part. That’s why he’s joining Real Madrid and they’re not.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Häland has a very good chance of being the best CF for a 10 year stretch if he continues to develop. Mbappe I am not so sure about, I kind of get Neymar vibes about him in that he'll be excellent but just off the top few for a variety of issues but the main one being attitude.

However, this is all guess work, there will be a player out there between 16-21 that we don't know much about right now that will accelerate like crazy in the next few years.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Häland has a very good chance of being the best CF for a 10 year stretch if he continues to develop. Mbappe I am not so sure about, I kind of get Neymar vibes about him in that he'll be excellent but just off the top few for a variety of issues but the main one being attitude.

However, this is all guess work, there will be a player out there between 16-21 that we don't know much about right now that will accelerate like crazy in the next few years.
Complete nonsense

Xanther

I'm wondering if Foden is better than Mbappe, and I can't compare to Haaland because I haven't seen enough of him.

Sadly Greenwood is far from all 3, maybe with better coaching he can get on their level

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Don't think there will be any. Mbappe and Haaland aren't as good as their goal counts suggest and people will realize at some point that there's much more to football than scoring.

Moreover, there doesn't seem to be any prodigy of Messi levels around that could stand out. Sancho, Felix, Wirtz, Foden, Greenwood, Havertz, Musiala, Fati, Vinicius, Pedri, etc. all have what it takes to become the best in this generation and most likely it will be much closer than in the previous decade. Similar to how it was before Cristiano won his first Ballon Dor
Pele was born 20 years before Maradona and Maradona was born 27 years before Messi. Giuseppe Meazza, perhaps the greatest pre-war player was born 30 years before Pele. This means that the next great one was born at the earliest in 2007 and at the latest in 2017. If the pattern holds, that is :D

None of these current guys is the one, that’s for sure…..

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I'm wondering if Foden is better than Mbappe, and I can't compare to Haaland because I haven't seen enough of him.

Sadly Greenwood is far from all 3, maybe with better coaching he can get on their level
The answer is ‘no’

passing-wind

I think Haaland because of the position he plays and his attributes. He will be a Lewandowski / Aguero level striker perhaps surpassing their criteria given his age.

Flyer1

Supports
City
Haaland is already better than mbappe, pedri is the one I like, he could be xavi or iniesta level.
Wouldn't swap any of them for foden though

MagooDad

Zlatan has been waiting 20 years for Ronaldo and Messi to retire so he can finally shine. The 20's belongs to him :)