Who is better: Sanchez or Hazard

Who is better?

• Total voters

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I'd say Sanchez is the better player. Both great, but also overrated imo.

XH6

Wondering if this will turn into the new Pogba vs De Bruyne

Glanville95

I do love it how everyone will say Hazard now, as if it’s completely incomprehensible to suggest Sanchez might have been, at one point or another, the better player. I think it speaks volumes about attacking players at this club. I can never feel assured they will be a massive hit, regardless of the player.

And yes, I realise that’s probably premature on Sanchez. I’ve just lost the ability to feel very confident in United attackers.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I do love it how everyone will say Hazard now, as if it’s completely incomprehensible to suggest Sanchez might have been, at one point or another, the better player. I think it speaks volumes about attacking players at this club. I can never feel assured they will be a massive hit, regardless of the player.

And yes, I realise that’s probably premature on Sanchez. I’ve just lost the ability to feel very confident in United attackers.
You're criticising people for saying Hazard is better then go on to say Hazard is better :confused:

gibers

Different players that would complement each other. Hazard is a better dribbler and better at keeping the ball and passing between the lines but Sanchez has the mind set of a forward.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Just like Pogba, or any other player, it really depends on if the manager can bring the best out of the player. It has more to do with the tactic and his role in the team rather than talent alone.

Alexis Sanchez is a great player, he already proved it during his 3 seasons with Arsenal.

The question should be if Man Utd manager can bring the best out of his players like Pogba, Martial and Sanchez in his system.

Suixt

Supports
Chelsea
In my opinion they represent two fundamentally different types of great players.

Alexis is more of a pure football-instinct guy. He is very technical and at the same time he reads the game excellently. The closer to the opposition box, the smarter he becomes. So, he knows how to position himself in order to receive the ball, pass it and most importantly score with various ways.

Hazard on the other hand is all about fast decision making and flawless execution. He uses that either to dribble past players, open play by passing the ball to the sides as a play-maker and sometimes score as well - usually with a clever shot from some distance.

So, "better" really depends on the type of role you are looking to fulfill within a team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They will try a little bit extra hard than usual won't they?
No, they will play extra hard as so much is on the stake, not because some clown couldn't differentiate between some generic statement and personal attack.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think Hazard on his day, but Sanchez turns up a lot more than Hazard does.
Not really sure I agree with this have you watched him the last 18 months at Arsenal their has been plenty of games he hasn’t turned up.

For me hazard is by far the more talaneted player.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Wheres the De Buyne or Eriksen option?

Out of those two, I will go with Hazard, but not by a great margin.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
It was difficult to separate them at their very best but that won't stop people talking of Sanchez as if he's some pub player.
Hazard is the the Ribery style playmaker, creating chance after chance for his teammates. Drawing oposition to him almost in Messi fashion although unlike Messi it's mostly from wide.

Whereas Sanchez at his best is more forward thinking. Very dangerous at creating space for himself for a shot. He gets in positions where he can score a tap in. He had added also scoring from free kicks to his repetoire. The thing which I loved about him so much was his tenacity. So much like Suarez or Tevez in that regard and I don't think Hazard ever had that in his game.

As an outsider looking in it's just obvious Mourinho is not getting the best out of Sanchez. Which I suppose can be a point in Hazard's favour as he's playing in an ultra defensive system and is at times a one man attack. But Sanchez has also been a one man team at Arsenal for long periods when his team didnt look arsed. Not to mention he doesnt down tools for whole seasons. He always leaves 100% on the pitch.

I just refuse this narrative that it's not close between them because at their very best they are impossible to mark and it comes down to personal preference imo.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Sanchez appears to be slowing down while Hazard appears to be able to go around anyone or at least retain possession.

Hazard definitely on Saturday.

But I would say that wouldn't I.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Anyone watching the 2 play now would wonder why this is even a question. Hazard easily. This isn't the real Alexis though, and I think Hazard would have struggled just as much if he was playing in this set up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Picked Hazard.
Even though, Hazard wouldn't look much better if they exchanged teams.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you look at the games recently, Hazard always has extra fire in his game when he plays v Man. United. Was similar in the FA cup game last season when he was unplayable. Him and Mourinho must've parted on really bad terms when Mourinho got sacked at Chelsea.

His dribble and ball carrying when a team are winning are brilliant.

Great domestic player. I feel though he's been undwerwhelming in CL and at international level so needs a big season in one of those to be elevated to next level.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Hazard is far more talented. Sanchez is like the Carlos Tevez of wingers. He's scruffy in his play and not amazing technically, but he'll keep trying until something sticks. It looks bad when it doesn't happen though.

Depends what you value in a player, but for me there's no comparison. Sanchez is just too frustrating for me.

Fer

I voted for Hazard time ago. But I hope Sanchez could be as good as him this season.

Alexis is going to continue playing as LW under Mourinho, mainly because he likes to cut inside. IMO Hazard and Sanchez are very similar, they like to dribble, play long balls, do layoffs, etc. Both are good playing the ball off the ground.

I wouldn't use Sanchez as RW because his crossing is not that good.

Hazard gets fouled often, same as Sanchez.

So maybe with the right system/tactics, we can have our own Hazard in Sanchez in the coming season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When have these threads ended well? Kante vs Herrera turned out in Kante's favour, Firmino vs Depay turned out in Firmino's favour, this one is turning out in Hazard's favour.