Who wins euro 2024?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Why am I feeling more and more like Germany will win it. I shouldn't, this is just going to lead to more disappointment.

Anyone but England....or also France.....and the Dutch....and Italy.

thisisnottaken1

Why am I feeling more and more like Germany will win it. I shouldn't, this is just going to lead to more disappointment.

What about Spain?

Meanwhile, for me, I’d love it if we (Scotland) won it. Not gonna happen, we’re in a tough group, but could you imagine.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
France is winning nothing. Their tournament ends in QF at best.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

I feel you...

Probably because for once it feels like we could have a team and not just a bunch of players randomly thrown onto the pitch?

thisisnottaken1

France is winning nothing. Their tournament ends in QF at best.
I mean, you’ve done well in tournaments over the past 8 years. Euro 2016 runners-up (on home soil), 2018 World Cup champions, and 2022 World Cup runners-up. I think you reached the round of 16 in 2020, only know that because I was watching a documentary on Mbappé on Saturday (I wasn’t too interested in football at the time, but I still did follow the tournament a bit).

RoyH1

France, England or Germany. I'll go England for once, reckon we'll just play uber conservative, not concede and nick some ugly 1-0 wins against the bigger teams.
You need an elite goalkeeper for that and Pickford is not one of those. The big teams will find a way to score always, just like Italy did in the final of the last Euro.

England needs to be less conservative and go out and win games. They're not going to outgrind the likes of Germany or Italy in a knockout game.

thisisnottaken1

I feel you...

Probably because for once it feels like we could have a team and not just a bunch of players randomly thrown onto the pitch?
You also have home advantage.

I can’t wait until the first game, in which you play us in Munich. Almost seems to have been organised by the beer industry.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean, you’ve done well in tournaments over the past 8 years. Euro 2016 runners-up (on home soil), 2018 World Cup champions, and 2022 World Cup runners-up. I think you reached the round of 16 in 2020, only know that because I was watching a documentary on Mbappé on Saturday (I wasn’t too interested in football at the time, but I still did follow the tournament a bit).
It's not the same team. The current group hasn't gelled yet, there is a lack of creativity and defensively they aren't as solid as they have been in the past 6-7 years. I can see France do well at the World Cup but not this summer.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You also have home advantage.
That's only really an advantage if the people care about you. And the disinterest in the national team grew massively since 2018, only the games this March showed a first change in that, the people might care again. So that's a necessary first step on which a home advantage can be build.

GazTheLegend

What about Spain?

Meanwhile, for me, I’d love it if we (Scotland) won it. Not gonna happen, we’re in a tough group, but could you imagine.
Scotland will get battered but even getting there is incredible and having the tartan army about is the absolute best

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I could see Germany picking up momentum if they start well and going all the way. Fullkrug is the kind of right place right time forward that's useful in these tournaments.

SparcMac

Spain vs England

Germany vs France

in Semi finals.

Up until that I think Ukraine and Scotland will be the biggest underdog stories to go far. Who wins, heart says either Germany or England, but it's almost impossible to tell atm.

redshaw

England's squad is capable, perhaps they have enough now to find a way if Southgate goes cautious near the end if they get there. Edit, did go with England but thought we were going into it with a more settled team, there's quite a lot of changes and could be difficult to find a best 11. Will go Portugal.

Portugal, Germany France Spain all with a good chance. No real standout candidates but will be fascinating which team emerges and hits the ground running with the right selections.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Germany or France.

England squad is lacking in defence, especially at LB and a GK unfortunately.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Germany are at home and should win, realistically. They have a few flaws of their own, lack any real width and don't have reliable goal scorers, but playing at home might go a way towards fixing that. They still have arguably the best GK(Neuer. Hell even Ter Stegen), the best CB(Rudi), the best CM(Kroos) and one of the best AM(Gundogan) who can also double as one of the 3 best CM around :lol: . Wirtz and Musiala are two of the brightest young stars in the world and Havertz has finished the season strongly as a CF. They don't have England's depth or France's individual peaks, but overall might be a better team outright. And they play at home

Woziak

Germany are at home and should win, realistically. They have a few flaws of their own, lack any real width and don't have reliable goal scorers, but playing at home might go a way towards fixing that. They still have arguably the best GK(Neuer. Hell even Ter Stegen), the best CB(Rudi), the best CM(Kroos) and one of the best AM(Gundogan) who can also double as one of the 3 best CM around :lol: . Wirtz and Musiala are two of the brightest young stars in the world and Havertz has finished the season strongly as a CF. They don't have England's depth or France's individual peaks, but overall might be a better team outright. And they play at home
I fancy Germany too however, a midfield of Gundogan, Kross and one other is too old it will get run over by Bellingham, Rice and Foden or Camavinga, Rabiot, Touchelmi and Griezmann.

I think if Naigelsman drops Gundogan for Wirtz plays Musiala and Mane as wide men and they find a young number 8/CM with high energy then they could win.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I fancy Germany too however, a midfield of Gundogan, Kross and one other is too old it will get run over by Bellingham, Rice and Foden or Camavinga, Rabiot, Touchelmi and Griezmann.

I think if Naigelsman drops Gundogan for Wirtz plays Musiala and Mane as wide men and they find a young number 8/CM with high energy then they could win.
Leverkusen's Robert Andrich will be the "one other". And I'm sure you mean Sane and not Mane who isn't German ;)

But it's unlikely Gündogan will be dropped as he is Germany's captain.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think Germany have a good chance due to home territory but otherwise it's last chance saloon for England and France.

Woziak

You need an elite goalkeeper for that and Pickford is not one of those. The big teams will find a way to score always, just like Italy did in the final of the last Euro.

England needs to be less conservative and go out and win games. They're not going to outgrind the likes of Germany or Italy in a knockout game.
Here the question if pep was in charge of England would they be odds on favourites for this tournament with that much attacking talent?

Probably yes
The mistake a lot of people are making with England, most of this squad are used to wining, either at under 17,19 or U21 level or with their clubs.

Pickford is not as bad as many think and Henderson right now is bang in form and a decent number 2.

Defensively England have issues but still have the best RB in world football and one of the best CB’s in John Stones. I also have a feeling Shaw will be fit for game 2 of the tournament.

Southgate was able to leave this team behind;
N Pope, R James, J Tarkowski, F Tomari, B Chillwell, J Henderson, R Barkley, R Lofthouse Cheek, Sterling, D Solanki and M Rashford out

And this one too
S Johnstone, T Livermento, M Kilman, T Haywood Bellis, T Mitchel, JWP, M G White, M Mount, C Hudson, DCL, T Abrahams

Don’t underestimate this England squad if he includes Branthwaite, Curtis Jones, Adam Wharton, Gordon and Palmer they’ve mostly just tasted international success only 12 months ago, plus a free spirited Foden could be the player of the tournament and then you have EZE who is another that you simply can’t contain?

RoyH1

Here the question if pep was in charge of England would they be odds on favourites for this tournament with that much attacking talent?

Probably yes
The mistake a lot of people are making with England, most of this squad are used to wining, either at under 17,19 or U21 level or with their clubs.

Pickford is not as bad as many think and Henderson right now is bang in form and a decent number 2.

Defensively England have issues but still have the best RB in world football and one of the best CB’s in John Stones. I also have a feeling Shaw will be fit for game 2 of the tournament.

Southgate was able to leave this team behind;
N Pope, R James, J Tarkowski, F Tomari, B Chillwell, J Henderson, R Barkley, R Lofthouse Cheek, Sterling, D Solanki and M Rashford out

And this one too
S Johnstone, T Livermento, M Kilman, T Haywood Bellis, T Mitchel, JWP, M G White, M Mount, C Hudson, DCL, T Abrahams

Don’t underestimate this England squad if he includes Branthwaite, Curtis Jones, Adam Wharton, Gordon and Palmer they’ve mostly just tasted international success only 12 months ago, plus a free spirited Foden could be the player of the tournament and then you have EZE who is another that you simply can’t contain?
I'm not underestimating England's talent. I don't rate Southgate as a manager and don't think that the England squad players are geared to grinding out results 1-0 like some others have suggested they should. Like you point out, with the offensive talent at their disposal they should go out and try to win comprehensively.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So much is made of England's depth, but most of it won't see the field until the last 10 minutes even if we're losing. We should be playing a tiring brand of football, safe in the knowledge we've got talent to bring off the bench and that the pace of the Premier league is unmatched in most leagues. Speed games up and we've got a chance, play a slow game if brinkmanship and we fail against the first decent side we meet.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I feel you...

Yea I think with Kroos coming back there seems to be a revitalization of morale within the team, not that we were great with him before he retired but he himself has seen an uptick of form this season.

What's more important for me is Andrich's form and the understanding that we need a pure number 6 in the line up with the other midfielders we have, who are all more like number 8's (Kimmich, Gundogan, Kroos, Gross, Goretzka previously).

Bwuk

France.

Midfield 3 of Tchouameni, Camavina & Griezmann will dominate and Mbappe upfront always scores at these tournaments.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
France.
Midfield 3 of Tchouameni, Camavina & Griezmann will dominate and Mbappe upfront always scores at these tournaments.
My head says France, but I have a sneaky feeling for Portugal, and Germany being on home soil, they cannot be ruled out.

tidraKS

Portugal and England have the best teams imo. France are very good too, but I don't think they'll win it.

Red Star One

England are rightly the favorites, but I don’t think Southgate will get it over the line. France looks the second best team and Deschamps knows how to win tournaments, so perhaps them? I always expect Germany to do well and lately they’ve been so disappointing, but the home turf will help.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England will make the semi's - then who knows.

Spain/Portugal have good potential routes if they win their groups.

England to finally get one over the line, but it wont be pretty.