Who would you have as our new manager

hungrywing

Us.

Dead serious. I think the caf could pick a formation and players and tactics better than the current staff.

No idea how subs would work though.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the club reached out to The Photobomber only to be asked in return if we would give him assurances he could buy three or four players from Dortmund.

Kaos

Imagine if we signed Klopp this summer and he brought him with Reus, Gundogan (minus back problems) Hummels and Bender :drool:

Never going to happen but fcuk me what a summer that would be.

Dominos

O'Neil was seriously shit. Aston Villa played much better than Everton but also spent like lunatics in transfer market.

I think that Moyes is better than him, and is somewhere on the level of Redknapp (slightly better than Hodgson/Pardew).
Now you mention it, though Redknapp is considered a bit of a laughing stock (not sure why), he would be doing a far, far better job than Moyes is currently.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Now you mention it, though Redknapp is considered a bit of a laughing stock (not sure why), he would be doing a far, far better job than Moyes is currently.
Well yeah, he would've bought an insane number of very average players but we would be playing nice football and most likely have more points.

Kranjcar 7 has a nice ring to it.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Imagine if we signed Klopp this summer and he brought him with Reus, Gundogan (minus back problems) Hummels and Bender :drool:

Maybe it's the neutral football fan in me, but why would anyone find pleasure in gutting the core of one of the best teams in Europe?

Crustanoid

We should have got Jamie Redknapp in to replace SAF while we had the chance

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe it's the neutral football fan in me, but why would anyone find pleasure in gutting the core of one of the best teams in Europe?
Bayern have started that process already. Why should they have all the fun?

(Not that I'm saying we import half of Dortmund but they're going to struggle to retain players regardless. They already are.)

Infra-red

I wouldn't mind this guy one day:

Klopp has stated in interviews this season that a number of English clubs tried to get him last summer. When asked who they were, he replied "you know these clubs, which clubs changed coaches in the last season." It may well be that we tried, I expect City and Chelsea will have done, but Klopp chose to commit himself to Dortmund, signed a new deal which now runs until 2018, and I can't see him leaving for another club in the short term.

Aboutreika18

Yeah, even if it is to our benefit, it's annoying when a group of young players look set to make another club successful but are broken apart by the lure of bigger clubs.

You just end up with the same group of elite teams dominating European football season after season, maybe Klopp and Simeone can have something to say about that in the near future.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Harry Redknapp keeps giving exclusive interviews to our official website…..

Ixion

Anyone would be better at this point, hire any decent manager and it won't take 7-8 months before we see some, any, changes to style/formation. Moyes has arrived here, gift wrapped a job he didn't deserve, expecting to just win things and doesn't have a clue what to do when things go wrong.

Tosicsleftpeg

Seriously starting to go into "think we need a new manager" mode already when I promised myself I would never do it. I just can't believe how bad we have been its unbelievable!

Mister Ed

Anybody who answers to this profile and is achievable to get:

-Must be a winner, represented by the fact that the manager must have won silverware that actually means something or achieved some other brilliant feats of strenght.

-Must have a modern, positive vision about football and a reputation to let his players play attractive football.

-Experience on the highest level and in europe would be a big bonus.

My dream candidates would be Simeone and Klopp.

But I wouldn't be against somebody like Frank De Boer or Biesla (although he might not have the social abilities to be a real good coach for a club like Manchester United, which shouldn't be underestimated).

Otherwise somebody like Hiddink or Van Gaal could also do the rebuilding job that will be required, although I'am really not a fan of Van Gaal.

I think Frank De Boer has everything in him to become a really great coach and the guy is just starting his career, but what he has done at Ajax is really beautifull. A Coach I would really like to see at United and somebody who could have a long tenure here. The prime candidates for me are ofcourse Siemone and Klopp as they are more experienced but potentially also unachievable (they might prefer to stay where they are and keep on building Atletico and Dortmund).

I honestly think I'd even prefer laudrup, Pochetino or Martinez over Moyes at this stage, I really have 0 confidence in him and I really don't like his vision about football, way to negative and really midtable in fact.

Other good coaches that I know could do the job, but just won't come are: Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Pep and Benitez.

devil in me

Seriously starting to go into "think we need a new manager" mode already when I promised myself I would never do it. I just can't believe how bad we have been its unbelievable!
Same here. I've used the facts that Moyes has no midfield, one of the weakest squads in top 6 or 7 and it being our biggest transition in 25 years to try and defend him all season. I certainly want to give him time to turn it around. But there are no excuses for our dark age tactics and some of the deluded interviews he's being giving after games. I'm definitely starting to turn. A modern day, fresh approach is needed, aka a Klopp or Simeone type manager.

Mister Ed

Same here. I've used the facts that Moyes has no midfield, one of the weakest squads in top 6 or 7 and it being our biggest transition in 25 years to try and defend him all season. I certainly want to give him time to turn it around. But there are no excuses for our dark age tactics and some of the deluded interviews he's being giving after games. I'm definitely starting to turn. A modern day, fresh approach is needed, aka a Klopp or Simeone type manager.
One of the weakest squads in the top 7 ? Weakest midfield I agree with, weakest squad is just madness !

DDG, Januzaj, Rooney, RVP, Mata those are just worldclass players. Also more than decent options for the defence and one of the teams with the most depth in the squad aswell. Carrick, Rio, Vidic, Evra they don't just become crap players overnight, last year we were singing there praise as major contributors to the teams 20th PL title and now they suddenly aren't fit anymore to play anywhere else in the top 7, seriously that just doesn't make sense. Hernandez, kagawa, Rafael, not bad players either.

Saying we have one of the weakest sides in the top 7 is saying that Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool all have beter squads than us, in the summer alot of people even agreed we still had a beter squad than Chelsea and Arsenal. There is no way in hell Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham have a better squad than us and Arsenal actually hasn't either, Chelsea is slightly beter or perhaps equal and City is clearly beter. Its just the coaches making the difference here. Put Moyes at the head of the selection of Chelsea and Mourinho at the head of our squad and Chelsea would be 7th and we'd be leading the PL, there shouldn't be a single doubt about that.

We have some deadwood in the team and some aging players and surely isn't the strongest team in United history but the squad really isn't as bad as people like you are claming it to be, really it isn't, its Moyes who doesn't know how to play with them and get the players motivated and sharp.

It being a big transition and the structural weakness of the midfield (because of years of neglect) are important factors that can explain some of the issues he is having. Together with some real bad luck, we just don't seem to get a break this season, injurries to our important players, refereeing decision going against all the time (when was the last time we got a penalty, did we even already had one under Moyes ?). Its explains for some games, some points but not for all and it definiteley doesn't explain the poor predictable performances we see game in game out and that has been the rootcause of all our troubles. All the ussues with players and the interviews are extra failures of Moyes management. I'd say Moyes his bad management is responsible for atleast 75% or even more of all this shit, 25 % or less is down to factors out of his controle that might change over time (although it doesn't seem to happen, which is typical aswell, bad managers never get a break). A good manager would have easily gotten around 8 to 10 more points more with this squad, under the same circumstances (given the same luck and injurries etc) which would have been 4th or 5th place.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
After the Fulham lowpoint, the only managers suited for this damaged team would be the likes of Tony Pulis or Big Sam.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Anyone.

Someone who has links with quality players and can attract the quality that we desperately need would be good.

I think that the summer transfer embarrassment is good enough reason to sack Moyes. Especially after buying Fellaini.

LLMU

Anyone.

Someone who has links with quality players and can attract the quality that we desperately need would be good.

I think that the summer transfer embarrassment is good enough reason to sack Moyes. Especially after buying Fellaini.

The way and the tactics we have been playing lately is like a big dress rehearsal to welcome back Fellaini. I am sure he will be at the end of one of those 81 crosses on Sunday

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Anybody who answers to this profile and is achievable to get:

-Must be a winner, represented by the fact that the manager must have won silverware that actually means something or achieved some other brilliant feats of strenght.

-Must have a modern, positive vision about football and a reputation to let his players play attractive football.

-Experience on the highest level and in europe would be a big bonus.

My dream candidates would be Simeone and Klopp.

But I wouldn't be against somebody like Frank De Boer or Biesla (although he might not have the social abilities to be a real good coach for a club like Manchester United, which shouldn't be underestimated).

Otherwise somebody like Hiddink or Van Gaal could also do the rebuilding job that will be required, although I'am really not a fan of Van Gaal.

I think Frank De Boer has everything in him to become a really great coach and the guy is just starting his career, but what he has done at Ajax is really beautifull. A Coach I would really like to see at United and somebody who could have a long tenure here. The prime candidates for me are ofcourse Siemone and Klopp as they are more experienced but potentially also unachievable (they might prefer to stay where they are and keep on building Atletico and Dortmund).

I honestly think I'd even prefer laudrup, Pochetino or Martinez over Moyes at this stage, I really have 0 confidence in him and I really don't like his vision about football, way to negative and really midtable in fact.

Other good coaches that I know could do the job, but just won't come are: Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Pep and Benitez.
Moyes qualifies nothing of the above, yet he's chosen without any other competitions

Amazing eh.

I can't believe he never won away at top 4 "ever" i mean, winner mentality my arse

soapythecat

Now my anger post FFC has subsided, i'm back to giving Moyes time, however, if I was to indulge myself in this thread how about Laudrup?
If, say, DM was sacked today, why not appoint Laudrup on a temp basis until the end of the season to see how he did? Surely, we couldn't be any worse. I think the players would welcome him as he has won things as a player and experienced much veriety in his career. He has won something in England and his style of football is undeniably exciting - he just lacked the quality of players at Swansea to make it work properly. Deepest respect to Swansea, but they don't have a talented squad to be playing a Barca/Bayern type of football without conceeding plenty in the process.
If we are crying out for exciting football with lots of possession and neat passing, this is the guy readily available and probably open to a trial at one of the biggest clubs in the world.
You could actually see Carrick and Cleverley playing amazing football under him. Closest thing you Klopp lovers will ever get to him coming here without spending millions in the process of buying him out of a BVB contract.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Klopp would be my choice. But it wont happen, I dont think he has any interest in coming to england, hes the next german manager.

Ive got to the point that I cant fathom how we let pep and mourinho slip from us...and chose david moyes. I mean seriously. David moyes.

SAF's last great feck up of a signing. Thanks fergal

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Now my anger post FFC has subsided, i'm back to giving Moyes time, however, if I was to indulge myself in this thread how about Laudrup?
If, say, DM was sacked today, why not appoint Laudrup on a temp basis until the end of the season to see how he did? Surely, we couldn't be any worse. I think the players would welcome him as he has won things as a player and experienced much veriety in his career. He has won something in England and his style of football is undeniably exciting - he just lacked the quality of players at Swansea to make it work properly. Deepest respect to Swansea, but they don't have a talented squad to be playing a Barca/Bayern type of football without conceeding plenty in the process.
If we are crying out for exciting football with lots of possession and neat passing, this is the guy readily available and probably open to a trial at one of the biggest clubs in the world.
You could actually see Carrick and Cleverley playing amazing football under him. Closest thing you Klopp lovers will ever get to him coming here without spending millions in the process of buying him out of a BVB contract.
The positive about this is that we as a fans and the players will probably welcome anyone other than Moyes at this moment

PS: I don't think money is ever an issue when it comes to manager, sure they're on a top contract, but we spend 5-15M taking a punt on young players, I don't think paying 5-10M for a few years service of a top manager is going to bother a team like us financially.

soapythecat

The positive about this is that we as a fans and the players will probably welcome anyone other than Moyes at this moment

PS: I don't think money is ever an issue when it comes to manager, sure they're on a top contract, but we spend 5-15M taking a punt on young players, I don't think paying 5-10M for a few years service of a top manager is going to bother a team like us financially.
True, but if there is a cheaper 'like wise' option avaibable, the powers at be are bound to be interested.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
True, but if there is a cheaper 'like wise' option avaibable, the powers at be are bound to be interested.
Oh come on... THe difference between Laudrup and Klopp / Mourinho is probably 2M / year

It's not like Laudrup would want to quit his job, acting as a caretaker for 6mths, and paid peanuts.

THe difference between top class manager and very good managers aren't that big btw.

It's absurd to think that we would want to save cost on that meassle 2M that we opted to hire a 2nd rate manager.

Gannicus

Redknapp would an interesting option.

Don't get me wrong, as Harry is nowhere near the class of Jose and Pep. But Jose and Pep are beyond our reach and Jurgen is committed to Dortmund. Guus doesn't need the headache. Michael and Ole aren't ready. Ian would be an upgrade from David, but we can do better.

Harry know his way around the prem and he has credibility with his players. His tactics aren't from the Ice Age. And he knows how to toy with the media, which is a huge part of the job.

And he's British, which seems to be a prerequisite for Fergie. Or must our manager be a Scot? If he must be a Scot, we're in for a long spell of mediocrity, given the decline of Scottish football in recent years.

Dominos

Redknapp :lol:

I actually think he'd do a reasonable job to be honest. He turned Spurs around from an even worse position than we're in. He can motivate and get a team attacking with some tempo, he's very popular with the English lads I think anyway, they wanted him to take over the national team when Capello left.

If we got turned down by a short list of about 20 then he may be the best bet.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Just give it to Ole. At least, even if we're still shite, every time we concede, the camera will pan to Ole, like it does to Moyes now. But at least then we'll be able to reminisce about Barcelona 99.