Why has nothing happened yet? | Things are now happening

Hawks2008

Mate, these proper English lads get the club, red blood pumps through their veins!! :devil::devil: They will be loyal and give us years of service like we've seen from Jones, Young, Smalling and others! They will run around really hard mate, all these foreign products of hype only want to play tippy tappy shite in the spainish farmer league :lol: stop playing fifa and football manager :wenger:

BlueHaze

Mate, these proper English lads get the club, red blood pumps through their veins!! :devil::devil: They will be loyal and give us years of service like we've seen from Jones, Young, Smalling and others! They will run around really hard mate, all these foreign products of hype only want to play tippy tappy shite in the spainish farmer league :lol: stop playing fifa and football manager :wenger:
Meltdowns have started. Muppets, abandon ship!

Canagel

:lol::lol::lol:

Needham

OT rotting away.. does it get any more melodramatic?
Yes, yes it does...when the door to Ole's office opens, and we see him sat in waistcoat and tie, head in hands, weeping audibly whilst, mysteriously, there appears to be a female under the desk.

Steven-UK

You will hear that something is happening in the transfer market when Sky Sports announce we are interested in a player.

....Then another team will go in and snatch them up.

Don't ever just expect it to be announced that we have signed a player without a long running saga played out in the press.

That's now the United way. Get used to it.

Foxbatt

You forgot about putting in a shift. It does not matter if he has done anything or contributed anything so long as he puts in a shift which is exactly what you have said running like a headless chicken and throwing himself about the pitch and making a nuisance of himself to both the opposition and his own team mates who are trying to play football.

tjb

Think people had too many expectations, the club always said it was a two year rebuild. I think we will sign wan bissaka and 2 more players. I don't think we will sign a right winger, I think we are waiting for sancho. In addition, the Pogba and Lukaku situations are slowing things down a bit. If we don't sell Pogba, we will not get bruno fernandes, but I believe we will probably get Longstaff regardless. We will probably sign a centre back, but I would love to wait till the start of preseason and see how Tuanzebe looks, seems we are still in for Maguire for now. So I am anticipating a centre back, wan bissaka and longstaff. If you add the fact that guys like greenwood, gomes, mctominay and fosu mensah are being given a chance, and now significant sales bar lukaku might be made, we would have added a lot of depth to the squad. If you consider we might have two by the end of the week, its not nearly as bad as people are making it out.

minh_loc_xoay

Think people had too many expectations, the club always said it was a two year rebuild. I think we will sign wan bissaka and 2 more players. I don't think we will sign a right winger, I think we are waiting for sancho. In addition, the Pogba and Lukaku situations are slowing things down a bit. If we don't sell Pogba, we will not get bruno fernandes, but I believe we will probably get Longstaff regardless. We will probably sign a centre back, but I would love to wait till the start of preseason and see how Tuanzebe looks, seems we are still in for Maguire for now. So I am anticipating a centre back, wan bissaka and longstaff. If you add the fact that guys like greenwood, gomes, mctominay and fosu mensah are being given a chance, and now significant sales bar lukaku might be made, we would have added a lot of depth to the squad. If you consider we might have two by the end of the week, its not nearly as bad as people are making it out.
Congratulations on Manchester United finally finishing our transition to midtable obscurity. Midtable players get you midtable position, just like a midtable manager (Moyes) got us 7th place. :nervous:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Have stayed away till now but it’s now June 26th! WTF lads?
Get the finger or to be more exact get the fffing chequebook out Ed!

I Am Zlatan

Have stayed away till now but it’s now June 26th! WTF lads?
Get the finger or to be more exact get the fffing chequebook out Ed!
wasn’t it just last year when he said we can do things in the market other teams can only dream of?

Also said if a player in varane’s caliber was available we’d spend 100 million on? I guess he doesn’t rate de Ligt :wenger:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
3 things which will hinder our chance of big signing this summer:

1. No CL
2. We are still in process of rebuild despite pouring over 600m in past few years, and there’s no sign of improvement at all, this will discourage other good players with high ambition from joining us
3. We are already among one of highest wage bill in Europe, our club won’t entertain giving out very big contract to attract players

tjb

Congratulations on Manchester United finally finishing our transition to midtable obscurity. Midtable players get you midtable position, just like a midtable manager (Moyes) got us 7th place. :nervous:
people are a bit too scared at the moment because of how we ended the season. Our key issue was fitness and depth. Our defense was also a major problem. Signing a centre back and wan bissaka would fix the defence and part of the huge hole on the right flank. in addition we have Tuaanzebe coming back into the squad, i would love to see him get a chance to prove his worth here. I see us looking towards jadon sancho next season. If Pogba stays, we already have matic fred and mctominay to play alongside him. Matic has issues with playing too many games, so signing a young player like longstaff who can supplement him and eventually takeover his role would help alot. We signed daniel james in attack to compete with martial. Rashford is being shown faith this season, but in addition to that we are giving greenwood a shot aswell. We also have youngsters who are trying to break through like gomes chong and greenwood, so adding them to the squad and seeing how well they play when trusted is worth taking the risk. If they fail, we simply buy for next season, which would still be no worse than this past season since people will be intrigued by the youngsters that are given a chance. If they succeed, we fill in the remaining holes in the squad and move on from there. This is a rebuilding job this time around, so it will take time. No more quick fixes.

oz insomniac

wasn’t it just last year when he said we can do things in the market other teams can only dream of?

Also said if a player in varane’s caliber was available we’d spend 100 million on? I guess he doesn’t rate de Ligt :wenger:
Perhaps we just didn't understand that by dream , Woody meant nightmare . Clubs like Real do understand that they need to set a platform for rejuvenation if they perform poorly, what we get is Woodys negotiating skills and complaints that fees are too high and protracted uncompleted deals. Welcome to the dream/nightmare that was spoken about. How he still holds a position of power in the club is mystifying to all but the Glazers.

Sterling Archer

The Varane quote...hmmm...

The reason Ed used Varane as an example was that he was well established and had many better years ahead of him. In De Ligt he has almost an identical opportunity to sign that kind of talent. Time to put money where his mouth is

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
people are a bit too scared at the moment because of how we ended the season. Our key issue was fitness and depth. Our defense was also a major problem. Signing a centre back and wan bissaka would fix the defence and part of the huge hole on the right flank. in addition we have Tuaanzebe coming back into the squad, i would love to see him get a chance to prove his worth here. I see us looking towards jadon sancho next season. If Pogba stays, we already have matic fred and mctominay to play alongside him. Matic has issues with playing too many games, so signing a young player like longstaff who can supplement him and eventually takeover his role would help alot. We signed daniel james in attack to compete with martial. Rashford is being shown faith this season, but in addition to that we are giving greenwood a shot aswell. We also have youngsters who are trying to break through like gomes chong and greenwood, so adding them to the squad and seeing how well they play when trusted is worth taking the risk. If they fail, we simply buy for next season, which would still be no worse than this past season since people will be intrigued by the youngsters that are given a chance. If they succeed, we fill in the remaining holes in the squad and move on from there. This is a rebuilding job this time around, so it will take time. No more quick fixes.
Its pretty much the same squad of last season with the difference that we are replacing a top manager with, well, the guy who had his arse spanked by Cardiff both as their manager and as ours

Dr. StrangeHate

The reason Ed used Varane as an example was that he was well established and had many better years ahead of him. In De Ligt he has almost an identical opportunity to sign that kind of talent. Time to put money where his mouth is
Ed would have been first in line to sign De ligt he just doesn't want to come to us. Ed is like Perez from Madrid with wanting headline signings. He just doesn't have a Zidane or Real Madrid's pull behind him.

laughtersassassin

Remember we shipped our most goals ever in a Prem season.

Watch us not sign a CB. After chasing one for over a year. I guarantee we don't buy a CB. Maguire will go city or stay.

Ed will pretend no other better CBs than ours exist. De Ja Vu to last season.

EireRed_GS

If i was Ole at this stage i would just take over and take control of these transfer mess. If Ed ain't doing his job, its not Ed or matt judge thats going the axe is going to fall on. Ole will take the brunt of Woodward/Judge's failings in the long run and prob get the sack.

Ole should be at OT saying hes going after who he wants now if Ed wants to piss about for weeks on one deal. And if hes denied he should flipping over tables

Celoti23-81

If i was Ole at this stage i would just take over and take control of these transfer mess. If Ed ain't doing his job, its not Ed or matt judge thats going the axe is going to fall on. Ole will take the brunt of Woodward/Judge's failings in the long run and prob get the sack.

Ole should be at OT saying hes going after who he wants now if Ed wants to piss about for weeks on one deal. And if hes denied he should flipping over tables
This is the scenario that was always going to happen. That's why they appointed Ole, he is in his dream job, he won't be anyway vocal about the situation. Win win for woodward and the Glazers

Red Devil Rising

Yeah sure that's how things work :rolleyes:

LARulz

This isn't Football Manager where you tell the DoF/Exec you'll handle transfers and contracts

Enigma_87

You know who
Let's be fair, nobody is doing much apart from Real.
Real is probably the only team that needs a major rebuild. Chelsea have a transfer ban, whilst Bayern only need a winger having signed 2 defenders for more than 100m pounds.

Barca have already signed De Jong and matter of time for Griezmann.

Essentially most clubs will need to add about a player or two for the first team. We still need 5 or 6.

EireRed_GS

This isn't Football Manager where you tell the DoF/Exec you'll handle transfers and contracts
No its definitely not, but surely the manager deserves some part in bringing in players he wants. Especially if the person tasked with doing so is as incompetent as Woodward. I remember reading stories about ex players who said their decision to join United was based on a brief conversation or phonecall with Ferguson and not from someone just throwing numbers at them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So if you believe what the papers say, United are desperately trying to sign “expert scouts” who can help sign world class talent from France and Spain.

I think as things stand it’s not out of order to say that United’s recruitment team are either out of their depth, seriously understaffed or being prevented from doing their jobs properly

EireRed_GS

So if you believe what the papers say, United are desperately trying to sign “expert scouts” who can help sign world class talent from France and Spain.

I think as things stand it’s not out of order to say that United’s recruitment team are either out of their depth, seriously understaffed or being prevented from doing their jobs properly
Was having a look at their jobs section of their website earlier, and right enough they are advertising for scouts to be based in spain & france. Along with a number of roles on the 'Emerging talent programme'

I read before somewhere aswell that we had more scouts that anyone else already.. what are they being paid for!?

https://www.manutd.com/en/Club/Jobs/Permanent-and-Temporary-Opportunities

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Crashoutcassius

Safe to assume de ligt wants to go to one of the other clubs that are much much better than us

clarkydaz

Celoti23-81

Who the hell found the wonderkid from Zaragosa then?

Zen86

Its pretty much the same squad of last season with the difference that we are replacing a top manager with, well, the guy who had his arse spanked by Cardiff both as their manager and as ours
Yes, Mourinho was indeed a top manager for us. It’s a shame he abandoned us when he did.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes, Mourinho was indeed a top manager for us. It’s a shame he abandoned us when he did.
The situation between him and the club became untenable so he had to leave and we should have let him go. Mou is not the special one anymore but he knows more about tactics and winning then some rookie from Molde. Ole needs far more help and a way better squad then Mou needed else we're setting him for failure

Zen86

The situation between him and the club became untenable so he had to leave and we should have let him go. Mou is not the special one anymore but he knows more about tactics and winning then some rookie from Molde. Ole needs far more help and a way better squad then Mou needed else we're setting him for failure
He was a rubbish manager for us, playing rubbish football, making rubbish transfers, and ultimately achieving rubbish results.

If he performs worse than Mourinho over time then he will have to go, although that’s not setting the bar particularly high.