Gaming Wii-U

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They didn't need the guy, the machine is capable of running it without hardly any work involved. Set the --wiiu flag on the compiler and off you go!
What are you banging on about? You really can't focus can you :lol:

No one is saying it is difficult or only going to be on it because of this guy! It's more that they are in on the ground floor and are being more public with it. Which, knowing how these things work, is probably right.

I honestly don't know why you get involved sometimes, you are going to give yourself a heart attack one of these days!

WeasteDevil

That is making some seriously big assumptions. Why would you guess that Sony will not target the casual market when is clear that the casual demographic will make them a huge amount of money.
Because they've repeatedly said that they won't, so I'm not assuming anything. Do you want me to find quote for you? They've even said the same in regards to VITA.

WeasteDevil

What are you banging on about? You really can't focus can you :lol:

No one is saying it is difficult or only going to be on it because of this guy! It's more that they are in on the ground floor and are being more public with it. Which, knowing how these things work, is probably right.

I honestly don't know why you get involved sometimes, you are going to give yourself a heart attack one of these days!
Because you're all talking a load of shite. Cryengine will run on Wii U because Wii U is capable of running Cryengine, nothing more, nothing less. It has feck all to do with who is the employer of a particular bloke.

You're become a joke Redlambs.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Because they've repeatedly said that they won't, so I'm not assuming anything. Do you want me to find quote for you? They've even said the same in regards to VITA.
So the PS move was made for the hardcore market? I doubt it somehow

Redlambs

Because you're all talking a load of shite. Cryengine will run on Wii U because Wii U is capable of running Cryengine, nothing more, nothing less. It has feck all to do with who is the employer of a particular bloke.

You're become a joke Redlambs.
Considering how wrong you keep being of late, that'a rich. You're also swearing a lot which shows you have no handle on things.

You also seem to have lost the ability to read and understand simple points.

Such a pity ;)

Redlambs

A controller. You won't get it packaged in with PS4. If Move was so important to them, then why do they let Naughty Dog totally ignore its existence? It would probably take around 20 minutes to shoehorn Move support into Uncharted.
Err because typically like them they were two years behind the game and by that point it was nothing new to consumers?

Really you are doing yourself no favours in here!

RyanGoggs

Do you see it bundled in with the PS3? No! Do you see a major marketing push for it? No! It's not their main focus, it's a periphery concern in their minds.
Probably because it was not as succesful as they anticipated. They released it to compete with the Wii and for no other reason. Rest assured they will want the casual market, who wouldn't want a piece of a market worth at least the same as the hardcore part of the market. If money is there to be made then that is Sonys primary motive.

Redlambs

According to Andrew House, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, it's a market Sony just couldn't ignore.

"As well as offering the ultimate portable gaming experience, via NGP, we will also be introducing a new way to deliver PlayStation games, via PlayStation Suite," he wrote on the PS Blog.

"Casual gaming on multi-purpose mobile devices is a growing market that we simply cannot neglect. With that in mind, PS Suite is a new initiative to offer PlayStation quality games on Android based portable devices, be it mobile phones, smartphones or tablet PCs.
Sony will be shifting its business strategy to target Vita at a "younger demographic" by 2014, SCEE CEO Jim Ryan has said.

"Day one (buyers are) going to be our good old core gaming demographic: mid 20s, largely male," said Ryan talking to EDGE.

"What we will look to do is go younger rather more quickly and more deliberately than we did with PSP.

"You won't see that so much in 2012, and in 2013 we'll still be very much at the core of it, but shortly that a lot of the business strategy will be (based) around targeting a somewhat younger demographic."
Yeah, you're right again Weaste :lol:

WeasteDevil

:lol:

God bless you Weaste, I do so enjoy our back and forths!

Though I believe I'm 3-0 up now this week alone ;)
You don't target casuals with a 250 quid hand-held box. You don't target casuals with a 450 quid console box. The casual demographic is not going to shell out the money, they would rather play 1 quid iOS games.

It's not complicated, they'll look into the casual market once they get the cost of the hardware down to a price where a casual player might think of picking it up.

Redlambs

You don't target casuals with a 250 quid hand-held box. You don't target casuals with a 450 quid console box. The casual demographic is not going to shell out the money, they would rather play 1 quid iOS games.

It's not complicated, they'll look into the casual market once they get the cost of the hardware down to a price where a casual player might think of picking it up.
That's not what you said though. You specifically said Sony have said they WON'T target the casual market, yet they actually have said they WILL target that market.

It's really that simple, you are wrong again :D

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yeah, you're right again Weaste :lol:
You're a cruel cruel man Lambs! Talk about kicking a man when he's down! @Weaste re:the 360 and ps3 already running the cryengine, so? My point was now, Nintendo will be able to directly compete with the other two and they will. The next gen war's going to be very interesting to say the least. Can only be a good thing for us consumers.

WeasteDevil

That's not what you said though. You specifically said Sony have said they WON'T target the casual market, yet they actually have said they WILL target that market.

It's really that simple, you are wrong again :D
They don't want to target the casual market out of the gate, that was implied, and is correct. They have never gone after that market out of the gate, ever, EyeToy, Move, etc. have always been added later. PS4 will come with nothing more than a Dual Shock controller or its redesigned equivalent.

Here's a question for you: What was the main reason Phil Harrison gave for leaving his job as president of Sony World Wide Studios?

WeasteDevil

re:the 360 and ps3 already running the cryengine, so? My point was now, Nintendo will be able to directly compete with the other two and they will.
That was a given though, due to the hardware that's likely in the thing. It's not news is it?

Yes, Wii U will get loads of up-ports from PS3 and XB360 and then lots of down-ports from XBNEXT and PS4 (where possible). I see no compelling reason why an XB360 or PS3 user would jump ship however.

Redlambs

You're a cruel cruel man Lambs! Talk about kicking a man when he's down! @Weaste re:the 360 and ps3 already running the cryengine, so? My point was now, Nintendo will be able to directly compete with the other two and they will. The next gen war's going to be very interesting to say the least. Can only be a good thing for us consumers.
I can't help it!

Usually I enjoy our little discussions, and sometimes onlookers might even learn a thing or two from them. He knows I respect him and his knowledge of hardware.

But I can't help getting cheeky from time to time. I certainly can't resist making him look a little silly, but sometimes he makes it just too easy! I mean look, he's blatantly been proved wrong, yet is still trying to dig his way out! I suppose you've got to admire his perseverance :lol:

WeasteDevil

I can't help it!

Usually I enjoy our little discussions, and sometimes onlookers might even learn a thing or two from them. He knows I respect him and his knowledge of hardware.

But I can't help getting cheeky from time to time. I certainly can't resist making him look a little silly, but sometimes he makes it just too easy! I mean look, he's blatantly been proved wrong, yet is still trying to dig his way out! I suppose you've got to admire his perseverance :lol:
You've not proven anything at all have you? That's your problem, you really think that you are making a point, but most of the time it's baseless.

I called the impeding death of the Wii, and you laughed, you were in the camp that actually thought it would do PS2 numbers. Well, I was right, and you were wrong. I'd even hazard a guess that 50% of those Wiis out there have no more than 3 games as an attach ratio. Don't quote the sales of Wii Sports, it was a freebe pack in.

RyanGoggs

You've not proven anything at all have you? That's your problem, you really think that you are making a point, but most of the time it's baseless.

I called the impeding death of the Wii, and you laughed, you were in the camp that actually thought it would do PS2 numbers. Well, I was right, and you were wrong. I'd even hazard a guess that 50% of those Wiis out there have no more than 3 games as an attach ratio. Don't quote the sales of Wii Sports, it was a freebe pack in.
It was a bundle pack in the same way as any bundle with LBP on the PS3. Do you really believe Nintendo didn't factor in development costs when deciding on the price of the Wii bundle?

Redlambs

What, you mean other than you are wrong yet again, just like you was about the Unreal engine and any number of other subjects?

Yep, that's baseless!

I called the impeding death of the Wii, and you laughed, you were in the camp that actually thought it would do PS2 numbers.
Two years ago! How many has it sold since then? :lol: Oh and when did I say it'd sell as many as the PS2?

Well, I was right, and you were wrong.
:lol: Utter tripe! You can keep saying the same thing over and over until it becomes true, which is what you've been doing for years now.

I'd even hazard a guess that 50% of those Wiis out there have no more than 3 games as an attach ratio. Don't quote the sales of Wii Sports, it was a freebe pack in.
What the hell is this even about? You are insane!

Face it, I've been proving you wrong a lot lately, you just can't admit it. I don't know why really, it's all a bit of fun :)

RyanGoggs

Be honest weaste you do talk some rubbish. Firstly Sony aren't going for the casual market. Proved wrong. Well not for two years. What about move? Proved wrong. Now finally you have decided the move doesn't count because they spent less on advertising than Microsoft have. Sony want a share of the casual market because it is so Lucrative but have just not done a great job of it thus far. Just like Nintendo want a slice of the hardcore market.

To suggest either company is not bothered about obtaining a share of a huge segment of the market is crazy talk.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Will this go down as the worst exchange in history....

You're going back on ignore, I know that I shouldn't have given you another chance. Once a troll always a troll.
Redlambs just posted something, and I don't know what it was.
It was:

YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG...YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG.

To the sound of Big Ben ;)
I'm not wrong, you're a fool LOL!