Wilfried Zaha - Sold to Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hate these conditional transfer fees.

For the Buying clubs the fees taken is the maximum amount and for the selling club it's the minimum fee.

RonaldoVII

Never specifically watched him play so can't make much comment. The reported £12-15m seems a lot for a Championship player and I'm not sure where he'll fit in with Nani / Valencia / Young / Giggs / Kagawa etc but you have to trust Fergie. Hope he isn't Nani's replacement, though.

Castia

I must admit he looks pretty fecking impressive in that video, even if it is only Championship level. He's got all the basics to be a top winger he's fast, can dribble has plenty of tricks in the locker and looks to have tons of confidence. Being only 20 it's quite exciting, if he was Spanish or Brazilian I think the cafe (me included) would be exploding to be honest.

Cevno

Think he can be a Ronaldo style goal scoring direct dribbling winger. Obv not to that level, but pretty good still.

We were obv searching for that type of player in the summer too with the 2 failed bids.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
if he was Spanish or Brazilian I think the cafe (me included) would be exploding to be honest.
If he had been playing in the English Championship?

I have been a naysayer for this deal from the off but I am backing him now. The raw materials are good. I have just been sceptical if his ceiling is high enough for United.

NinjaFletch

His dribbling looks impressive, a little concerned about the end product but that will surely come.

Cevno

One thing about him that i have observed in the little i have seen and also heard is that for his physical presence, he is very reluctant in the air. Hopefully that is something we can work on and improve.

Ekeke

Think he can be a Ronaldo style goal scoring direct dribbling winger. Obv not to that level, but pretty good still.

We were obv searching for that type of player in the summer too with the 2 failed bids.
He looks to have the dribbling part down. But I think we should be careful when we set our sights on the rest

Is it not possible for him to be a really good premier league winger who just goes past players with ease and skill and then rather than smashing the ball into the net like Ronaldo, or putting a goal on a plate with a cross like Nani for 18 months, he just makes sure to find the right sensible pass to someone like Kagawa to do the rest?

Comsmit

I must admit he looks pretty fecking impressive in that video, even if it is only Championship level. He's got all the basics to be a top winger he's fast, can dribble has plenty of tricks in the locker and looks to have tons of confidence. Being only 20 it's quite exciting, if he was Spanish or Brazilian I think the cafe (me included) would be exploding to be honest.
Don't understand this line of thinking at all. Most grounded posters take a player's ability from what they see with their eyes.

I agree he has all the basics, lets hope the coaches can work on his decision making and awareness.

binary bot
Why are they ridiculous?
Because you can pull examples from all over the world of the same things happening here there and everywhere while not even concentrating on the actual reasons for the fees, the guy hasn't even had a game yet and we're comparing him with Reus. We've been beneficiaries of finding bargains many a times - unfortunately the act of scouting isn't always accurate but we've making a fair good go of it for a while now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He actually looked better than I'd have expected in that video.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I half-arsedly checked out 2 Palace message boards to gauge the opinion of someone who've actually seen him play, and they seem to rate him very highly. Holloway and Freedman have been waxing lyrical about him too. For now, that's good enough for me.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If your optimistic then you can only be let down or have your expectations met.

If your a pessimist then either you're right or your proved wrong for the better. :)
And you're an arse to be around going with the latter approach ;)

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Physically he looks more than good enough for the premiership too.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I might be an arse but I've seen him play live (not just the league cup game) and on TV several times which is more than 95% of this forum.

I hope to god i'm wrong.
I reckon Sir Alex Ferguson, and Jim Lawlor, and Martin Ferguson, are all a bit more clued in then you.

Forevergiggs

Glad that it's done. Now get another midfielder and a young central defender, we'd be set for next season.

MDFC Manager

Physically he looks more than good enough for the premiership too.
That's the thing! Seems like he has most of the tools needed to do well here.

Ultimately, as a club, we are always yearning for explosive and direct wingers. This deal makes sense to me :) Dont think we will be shipping one of our senior wingers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.