Wilfried Zaha - Sold to Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Because they always get it right eh?

Bebe? Tiabi? Djemba Djemba?
Bringing up 3 names over a 26 year career isn't going to help your cause.

Are you really comparing Zaha to Bebe?

Enigma_87

You know who

Obertan, Tosic, etc. But let's reserve our judgement when we actually see him play - in other words the same time next year, if he's not loaned out.

IrishLegend

Bringing up 3 names over a 26 year career isn't going to help your cause.

Are you really comparing Zaha to Bebe?
Seriously? Thats your come back?

I named 3 off the top of my head.

We've brought plenty of dross over the years. Those are just 3 spectacular failures I can name off the top of my head.

Zaha is clearly alot more talented than Bebe but at the same time I don't think he has what it takes to make it at United. How many times have you seen him play?

As I said I hope i'm wrong. I'll support him as I do every United player, but no one, even Fergie is above criticism. Nobody's perfect.

Amir

I'll get it right once for all of you: TAIBI.

Fergie has his fair share of bad buying, of course, but he's got terrific success rate when it comes to players from within Britain he can follow closely.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Seriously? Thats your come back?

I named 3 off the top of my head.

We've brought plenty of dross over the years. Those are just 3 spectacular failures I can name off the top of my head.

Zaha is clearly alot more talented than Bebe but at the same time I don't think he has what it takes to make it at United. How many times have you seen him play?

As I said I hope i'm wrong. I'll support him as I do every United player, but no one, even Fergie is above criticism. Nobody's perfect.
I've watched about 5 or 6 games, but what I'm saying is, you're saying ''You don't think a player will make it here'' the day we signed him. That's hardly fair.

Decotron

£15m is far too much.

Kid is talented but not United quality. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong though.
Sort of feel the same myself. Again its all just idle speculation really.

I watch the championship and my "issue" with him is I dont see a lot of natural intelligence there. The ability is certainly there but he'll need a lot more to succeed here in long term.

Its a bit like the Ashley Young transfer in the sense that resale wise we'll get a decent chunk of our intital outlay back. I dont think at the price its that big a risk...

Who knows he could push on and be a very useful player for us. Im just not fully convinced myself. Seen him on numerous occassions and he's never made me sit up and say heres a United player. Hope im wrong.

IrishLegend

I've watched about 5 or 6 games, but what I'm saying is, you're saying ''You don't think a player will make it here'' the day we signed him. That's hardly fair.
If you looked in the Zaha thread in the Transfer forum i've been saying it since we've been linked to him. One of my best mates is a Palace fan and he doesn't think he's good enough for United and he's a Palace fanatic.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I can't wait for him to score the winning goal in an important match, and we'll all be like: 'Zahahahahahahahaha!' and by we I mean me.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If you looked in the Zaha thread in the Transfer forum i've been saying it since we've been linked to him. One of my best mates is a Palace fan and he doesn't think he's good enough for United and he's a Palace fanatic.
Well I have a Palace supporting mate and he thinks he's going to be a world beater.

IrishLegend

Well I have a Palace supporting mate and he thinks he's going to be a world beater.
Swings and Roundabouts.

My friends main complaint is he goes missing in big games and as someone said earlier in the thread. His decision making isn't great at times (think Nani but more frustrating).

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Taibi was an experienced Serie A keeper, Djemba was a risk but had done well for Nantes in the French league and had played CL football.

Bebe is embarrassing though.

Most signings (unless its RVP) are a risk.

Forevergiggs

Evans, Smalling and Jones not enough?
I have an inkling that Rio is going to leave at the end of the season. That would leave us with Vidic, Evans, Smalling and Jones. We'll know by the end of the season if Vidic can be available for majority games or it will be start/stop for him from now on.

Anyways, I think it is ideal to have 5 CB's with the number of game we play -

Two experienced - Vidic and Evans
Two up and coming - Smalling and Jones
One really young CB - ??

Plus, Jones, Smalling and Evans have their injury troubles from time to time. So, I don't think it will be a bad idea to get another player in the mix.

Smores

Another player for the caf to moan about due to the price tag and not being a midfielder.

Wan

People can't see shit tho. There was someone on here saying Welbeck won't make it with us because his Sunderland mate who watch every game or something said so.

IrishLegend

Good to hear Zaha is more talented that what I wanted to hear, work ethic can be trained in to him cant it?
Yeah that and the decision making I'm hoping will improve under Fergie.

He does the same thing Ronnie used to do, the needless stepovers. Hopefully our coaches get the best out of him. If he's willing to listen and learn and put in a decent shift then he'll do alright.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I have an inkling that Rio is going to leave at the end of the season. That would leave us with Vidic, Evans, Smalling and Jones. We'll know by the end of the season if Vidic can be available for majority games or it will be start/stop for him from now on.

Anyways, I think it is ideal to have 5 CB's with the number of game we play -

Two experienced - Vidic and Evans
Two up and coming - Smalling and Jones
One really young CB - ??

Plus, Jones, Smalling and Evans have their injury troubles from time to time. So, I don't think it will be a bad idea to get another player in the mix.
That in itself assumes we can rely on Vidic's fitness in even the medium term.

And has SAF even decided to settle on Jones being used at CB?

Varun

Staff
:lol:

The choice of T shirt after everything that has happened with giggsy. Not the brightest of lads it seems.

Anyways, always good to sign an exciting young player. Have never seen him play but SAF mostly gets it right with young players specially the english ones.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He wants to follow in Giggsy's footsteps.
Zaha's Dad is Black.
Giggs' Dad is Black.

Zaha wants to play as a winger for United.
Giggs plays as a winger for United

Zaha has a topless Imogen Thomas on his chest.
Giggs had a topless Imogen Thomas on his chest.

Brophs

The One and Only
Is that really Imogen Thomas on his shirt? Why would anyone have a picture of her on a t-shirt? The world is fecked.

Ekeke

Just to add to the discussion, I have a mate and he isnt a Palace fan. He's never heard of Zaha. I hope that brings balance to everything

Drifter

American
Originally Posted by IrishLegend View Post
£15m is far too much.

Kid is talented but not United quality. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong though.
I'm convinced that he will prove you and other doubters wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.