Wilfried Zaha - Sold to Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
From what i've seen Zaha is more talented but Ince has a better work ethic.
Holloway and former Palace coaches Dougie Freedman and Curtis Fleming have all praised Zaha's work ethic so I doubt there's an issue there.

binary bot
Or the bird who isn't Imogen Thomas but the Internet has decided it is.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Obviously we need a midfielder but we have a good thing going on with Carrick and Cleverley right now and there is no point in disrupting it half way through a season.

Anyway, this thread is about Zaha, aha aha!
Very true, but let's not overlook Powell. The boy has got game. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him put in serious minutes next season for the first team.

At any rate...Welcome, Wilfreid!

(His full name, according to wiki, is "Dazet Wilfried Armel Zaha".)

Baxter

Better than Alex Buttner and his brothers DSquared, ridiculously expensive gear.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
How and where will we play him? He's used to playing over 40 games a season for Palace but will probably play less than 20 when he comes over. Hope he has the patience and drive to succeed. Other young players like Powell have hardly seen any playing time and are probably still developing under United guidiance.
Powell's been out injured.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Because they always get it right eh?

Bebe? Tiabi? Djemba Djemba?
He didn't say that they were perfect - basically just said that that trio knows more about football than you, which I agree with.

Fergie's judgement > IrishLegends's judgement.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You seem very positive about this signing, VP. Have you been keeping a faraway eye on him from the depths of the Polish heartland?
Don't wanna sound arrogant but yes.

I have friends in London, one of them is Crystal Palace supporter, just like his father who's absolutely awesome man, is engaged in life of this club and was about to become a professional footballer but eye illness prevented that. He managed to get appearance at old Wembley in a youth tournament.

From what I saw and heard, I have no reason to be pessimistic about the signing. It was obvious before Old Trafford clash, one year ago that Zaha is going in the right direction.

I also don't believe in Wenger's - "We were never interested in him". Didier Drogba wanted convince the guy to become Ivory Coast player, once.

He's rated and obviously United signed a real potential.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I wouldnt have known who that was on the T Shirt Lets hope he just didnt realise. But if his agent has any cop on he needs to get to have a quick word.

Ekeke

Two big money signings on the wings next season. Young on the left, Zaha on the right. Barcelona are pissing themselves thinking about it

Drainy

Two big money signings on the wings next season. Young on the left, Zaha on the right. Barcelona are pissing themselves thinking about it
Oh yeah, lets change our transfer policy that has served us very well for 2 decades because the team that's pissing on everyone since they have the best player of all time aren't scared of us.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
What does Barcelona have to do with anything?

What is wrong with you? Inferiority complex?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Haven't seen him play before, but hopefully he does well for us and develops into a star

Platato

Psst!
Interesting signing. Either he's a replacement for one of our wingers or he'll be the 4th winger we have at the club. Imagine that. 4 forwards. 4 wingers. Options. Options. Options.

Ekeke

Why on earth would people think I'm being sarcastic that Barcelona will be scared of Young and Zaha?

What are your issues people?

Ekeke

If Barcelona don't know who Ashley Young and Wilfried Zaha are, they need new scouts.
Do you really think they scout the championship? And while Young is a full international I wouldnt be surprised if most of their players havent heard of him

Drainy

Do you really think they scout the championship?
If they don't scout the second tiers of all the major leagues they are foolish.

They knew about Elliot Kebbie, who had never made an appearance for Leeds United when he had a trial there.

I suspect they know all about Will Hughes and are rumoured to be extensively scouting him, as I'm sure they do every notable young talent playing in the league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only thing I remember about him when he played against us is that he loved doing the Ronaldo chop and did it a little too much. Hopefully he turns out good, but I'm not going to start expecting a world beater, have more of an idea that he'll turn into a Young quality winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.