Wilfried Zaha

ZLATAN9

I think Zaha will be a flop at Arsenal , just there to make the numbers up . Like Ronaldo at Manchester United was Worshiped then went to Mafia Real Madrid .

Zaha is worshipped at palace and he performs with Passion.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
You'd think his next transfer will be his last big one, don't really see Everton challenging for the top 4 within a year or two

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think Zaha will be a flop at Arsenal , just there to make the numbers up . Like Ronaldo at Manchester United was Worshiped then went to Mafia Real Madrid .

Zaha is worshipped at palace and he performs with Passion.
Bit of an odd post, saying Zaha will be there to make the numbers up yet comparing him to Ronaldo who was and is a Madrid legend :confused:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People linking him with Everton, that does not seem like much of a step up.
Yeah, I don’t think we will ever manage to break the top 4. Ideally you need to do it the season that you start spending/get very close to it so you can push on. Our problem is that we started spending, finished 8th, went backwards and now have to catch up again. The only reason Zaha would be joining us is money for both him and Palace. I’d love us to push on this season and get Europe but it’s going to be really tough.

redmeister

Everton is a decent step up from Palace in my opinion. There is more the the Prem than either being top 6 or not. Palace are a yoyo team and will most likely be in a relegation battle. Everton are a team that consistently battle for a Europa League spot. There will always be more status in being an Everton player than a Palace player. When your grand kids ask you who you played for, you'll take a hell of a lot more pride in saying Everton than Crystal Palace.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Everton is a decent step up from Palace in my opinion. There is more the the Prem than either being top 6 or not. Palace are a yoyo team and will most likely be in a relegation battle. Everton are a team that consistently battle for a Europa League spot. There will always be more status in being an Everton player than a Palace player. When your grand kids ask you who you played for, you'll take a hell of a lot more pride in saying Everton than Crystal Palace.
I think he'd probably name one of his other clubs if he was trying to impress!

Zaha will wait a year and move to Arsenal or Chelsea.

Bwuk

Honestly don’t think he’s all that.

Nowhere near worth what Palace want for him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think he'd probably name one of his other clubs if he was trying to impress!

Zaha will wait a year and move to Arsenal or Chelsea.
It will have to be Chelsea then, our next big transfer is pencilled in for 2026, we're poor :(

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, we need to move for him. Long term replacement for either Willian or Pedro next summer.

I really liked the idea that was reported a couple of days ago whereby we buy him now, loan him back to Palace for the season, and then he moves next summer after the ban lifts.

We'd then have 4 really nice wide options in Pulisic, CHO, Willian/Pedro, and Zaha.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, we need to move for him. Long term replacement for either Willian or Pedro next summer.

I really liked the idea that was reported a couple of days ago whereby we buy him now, loan him back to Palace for the season, and then he moves next summer after the ban lifts.

We'd then have 4 really nice wide options in Pulisic, CHO, Willian/Pedro, and Zaha.
Would be ideal for Palace. That being said, kinda hope he goes to Everton. Would be fun seeing him with Richarlison.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
They just sold a child right back for nearly £50 million. They don't need the cash and want to keep him!
The flip side is that players will be reluctant to move to palace in the future if they’re going to have excessive valuations placed on them. There’s a fine line between getting value and extortion. Gateway clubs need to be careful. Ajax set De Jong’s price and didn’t let it turn into a bidding war as it benefits them with convincing future talents to join them. Celtic so similar.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

To loan a player out we'd have to register them to play first which we can't do.

If we sign anyone now they'll be sitting in the stands for a season, best we can do is a gentleman's agreement of some sort.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
They're overpricing him because of the sell-on clause though really, aren't they?

I think he's slightly unlucky that Chelsea are on a transfer ban, as they'd probably be interested.

Unlike Arsenal, they'd have the ability to chuck in some players in part-ex as well, helping Palace get around the money they owe United and probably bringing his overall cost down.

• RLC
  • Reece James
  • Zouma
  • Drinkwater
  • Abraham
All players I think Palace could be interested in, who'd go their for regular football, and who Chelsea would probably be willing to sell, with the possible exception of James. Could even send Hudson-Odoi over on loan for the season for return, or Mason Mount.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
They're overpricing him because of the sell-on clause though really, aren't they?

I think he's slightly unlucky that Chelsea are on a transfer ban, as they'd probably be interested.

Unlike Arsenal, they'd have the ability to chuck in some players in part-ex as well, helping Palace get around the money they owe United and probably bringing his overall cost down.

• RLC
  • Reece James
  • Zouma
  • Drinkwater
  • Abraham
All players I think Palace could be interested in, who'd go their for regular football, and who Chelsea would probably be willing to sell, with the possible exception of James. Could even send Hudson-Odoi over on loan for the season for return, or Mason Mount.
Literally every player you've named here other than Drinkwater will play a big part for us this season and in the future. We wouldn't even consider selling any of those young players.

RLC, James, CHO, and Mount are almost sure fire future key players for us.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Literally every player you've named here other than Drinkwater will play a big part for us this season and in the future. We wouldn't even consider selling any of those young players.

RLC, James, CHO, and Mount are almost sure fire future key players for us.
Didn't suggest Chelsea would sell CHO or Mount. Please read more carefully in future. Also in the hypothetical situation that Chelsea could sign Zaha this year and therefore didn't have a transfer ban, one or both of these two could easily be heading out on loan somewhere in the PL anyway.

I'll accept I'm wrong on the Reece James mention - got caught up in the speculation that Palace had bid for him, but seeing as Chelsea (if true) rejected that bid, you are correct. Would be a good loan for him and Chelsea though.

Zouma also based on Lampard's comments and last season's performances at Everton I'm probably wrong. Think he's earned his way back in to the fold, deservedly so.

I disagree a bit with RLC and Abraham suggestions. I'm not saying either of these guys are write-offs at Stamford Bridge by any means, but Chelsea also haven't done a great deal to suggest they see them as 'key players' in the future, and neither guy has shown enough themselves to be put on that pedestal.

RLC has been around the first team for about 5 seasons now, had a full season in the PL with Palace, and at 23 and a fully-fledged England international who went to a World Cup, you'd figure he'd be pushing for a starting spot by now if they saw him as a long-term fixture in midfield, but he doesn't seem to be and only started 6 games in the PL last year.

Abraham also there are questions about his overall game and he's played a grand total of about 75 minutes for Chelsea, been out on loan mostly in the Championship the last few years, and was poor in his spell in the PL at Swansea. I'm not sure if the plan is for him to stay at the club this year, but I'm almost certain that if Chelsea could sign a striker, he'd be back at Villa (or a similar level club).

SambaBoy

Says he wants to play CL football and is going to Everton. Can sort of understand the move to Arsenal as they are more likely to be competing to get into the CL.

He should play for another season at Palace then move next summer when Palace may relax slightly on their valuation. There was links with Dortmund and Spurs in the season however both of these have died down now, and he's stuck with the option of moving to Everton or hoping Arsenal stump up the money.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't suggest Chelsea would sell CHO or Mount. Please read more carefully in future. Also in the hypothetical situation that Chelsea could sign Zaha this year and therefore didn't have a transfer ban, one or both of these two could easily be heading out on loan somewhere in the PL anyway.

I'll accept I'm wrong on the Reece James mention - got caught up in the speculation that Palace had bid for him, but seeing as Chelsea (if true) rejected that bid, you are correct. Would be a good loan for him and Chelsea though.

Zouma also based on Lampard's comments and last season's performances at Everton I'm probably wrong. Think he's earned his way back in to the fold, deservedly so.

I disagree a bit with RLC and Abraham suggestions. I'm not saying either of these guys are write-offs at Stamford Bridge by any means, but Chelsea also haven't done a great deal to suggest they see them as 'key players' in the future, and neither guy has shown enough themselves to be put on that pedestal.

RLC has been around the first team for about 5 seasons now, had a full season in the PL with Palace, and at 23 and a fully-fledged England international who went to a World Cup, you'd figure he'd be pushing for a starting spot by now if they saw him as a long-term fixture in midfield, but he doesn't seem to be and only started 6 games in the PL last year.

Abraham also there are questions about his overall game and he's played a grand total of about 75 minutes for Chelsea, been out on loan mostly in the Championship the last few years, and was poor in his spell in the PL at Swansea. I'm not sure if the plan is for him to stay at the club this year, but I'm almost certain that if Chelsea could sign a striker, he'd be back at Villa (or a similar level club).
Mount and RLC have literally just signed new 5 year deals in the past 2 weeks. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Mount starts opening day against United and is Lampard's preffered #10 since he knows him so well.

CHO is on the brink of signing a new 5 year deal as well that'll pay him upwards of £150k per week. There is literally zero circumstance, transfer ban or not, that he was going to be loaned out. He is possibly our most talented youth product ever.

Both RLC and CHO had finally fully broken into the side and were two of our best players towards the end of last season. Both would likely walk straight into our best XI were they fit right now.

Anyways, no more derailing of this thread. Zaha should be a priority target for us next summer. The pace and dynamism from wide areas with either Zaha and Pulisic or Zaha and CHO would be insane.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Mount and RLC have literally just signed new 5 year deals in the past 2 weeks. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Mount starts opening day against United and is Lampard's preffered #10 since he knows him so well.

CHO is on the brink of signing a new 5 year deal as well that'll pay him upwards of £150k per week. There is literally zero circumstance, transfer ban or not, that he was going to be loaned out. He is possibly our most talented youth product ever.

Both RLC and CHO had finally fully broken into the side and were two of our best players towards the end of last season. Both would likely walk straight into our best XI were they fit right now.

Anyways, no more derailing of this thread. Zaha should be a priority target for us next summer. The pace and dynamism from wide areas with either Zaha and Pulisic or Zaha and CHO would be insane.
Every young Chelsea player seems to get a 5 year deal, regardless of whether they are seen as long-term fixtures or not. They are good at protecting the value of their assets.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Probably to do with Bailly's bad injury, international team mates and all, but either way, it seems a bit daft to be wearing another club's shirt in a video that you are knowingly putting up on social media (with a cryptic message to boot), especially during a period when your future at your current club in uncertain.

We'd be a bit miffed if Pogba was having a kickabout in his garden in a Juve shirt.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Staying on at palace for another year?
Don't think he's got much of a choice, unless Everton goes mental on the last day, he will be a proud eagle for the season.

Eli Zee

Would be ideal for Palace. That being said, kinda hope he goes to Everton. Would be fun seeing him with Richarlison.
Not if Zaha’s valuation goes up the next year by performing very well in the season. Then palace will have sold a player for less that’s worth more

bktm

Is this a come and get me plea from Wilf? Get a cheeky bid in Ed.. we could use him !
Right!!!, and palace will probably be happy getting 30-40mil from us, seeing thats how much they will get after sell on ting.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm quite surprised there isn't more stuff linking us to him.. He's young, he's homegrown, and he would come here...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They want like 80m for him which is putting everyone off. If we do go for it I'd be really shocked.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will stay at Palace surely. Their attack is pretty mediocre, Benteke and Jordan Ayew as the front two. :houllier: We've all seen the stats aswell they never really win when Zaha is unavailable. Could only see Palace accepting this offer if Theo Walcott was offered to them.

Think Palace selling him would be like when we sold Benteke in 2015, could easily see them getting relegated.