Will Liverpool's title success be the best ever?

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
You spent a fortune on Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Suarez, Johnson, Sturridge etc as well. There's not much in it at all.
Johnson was bought 6 years ago, I don't think you can really include him in this debate or we could literally start going through players from each team that were bought that long ago.

Even if you add up those players you listed its still a right bit shy of that players I listed above.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Why is this even a question on a Manchester United forum? I don't want to come over as a prize tool (though my frustration at Liverpool's success sorta makes me not care much right now) but why are we going out of our way to big them up?
It's the football forum of a Manchester United site. Hardly surprising what's being discussed.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Didnt Leeds go from sinners of Division 2 to winners of the old Division 1 in one season? That was probably a bigger achievement.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
You spent a fortune on Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Suarez, Johnson, Sturridge etc as well. There's not much in it at all.
Has Rodgers spent a fortune though? He's spent a good bit and mingled his signings with those that were lacking confidence and done a good job.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few years ago they were on a mad run like this, even beating us 4-1 away, and were still pipped at the final line.
I can see that happening with City this year.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If they win the league then it'll be the most impressive win in PL history and Suárez's season will have been the best individual performance in PL history, I reckon. And they're playing the most impressive attacking football since us in 06/07 and perhaps even longer.

RustyS

Liverpool will win the league and it will be the bestest ever!

Please tell me this is a jinx thread!

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
If they carry on playing like this through April then fair play, they deserve it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If Liverpool dont win the league, be assured they will blame someone else!
I call it the Liverpool flu and it seem highly contageous. I wont be surprised if they say that its because it was an ageing squad which no one would really win anything with.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah it will be the best ever laaaaa

Jesus, winning the league is a great achievement. All this "best ever" and "best story" is complete nonsense. They have hit form at a good time with everyone else faltering away. That is about it.

Gladiator

Agree with pogue, definitely not best ever but up there in terms of impressiveness. Some of their stats are insane though (2.75 goals scored per game avg), which is the highest in English football since 1945

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its amazing because their squad is hardly great and is clearly inferior to Chelsea's, Arsenal's and ours. However the fact that they could focus on the EPL while everyone was battling in the CL takes some of the shine out of it.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
In recent times, yes. It'd be quite an achievement if they pull if off. Shows how much of an impact a manager can have on a team. That squad of players shouldnt be in the CL places, let alone winning the league.
I think we definitely have a CL worthy squad, at the least.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
An amazing victory? Sure.

But better than when Arsenal won it going unbeaten? No.

Better than when United won it and won the treble? No.

And most importantly, better than when Ferguson won it with a sleeping giant full of kids? No.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
It will be an amazing achievement, but not the best ever considering they dont have the distraction of European football and they are far off the record point tally.

That being said, I hope Liverpool wins it. It will be the best for the league and I hate City and Chelsea. Ill take a non sugar daddy club winning it every day of the week over that lot, historical rival club or not.

RoadTrip

It will be an amazing achievement, but not the best ever considering they dont have the distraction of European football and they are far off the record point tally.

That being said, I hope Liverpool wins it. It will be the best for the league and I hate City and Chelsea. Ill take a non sugar daddy club winning it every day of the week over that lot, historical rival club or not.
Please no.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Please no.
I dont understand why people care who wins it as long as we dont. City and Chelsea have gotten where they are based on sugar daddies all but ruining the competitiveness of the league and in the transfer market. Its far better for football that a club that hasnt spend ludicrous sums on established stars wins it instead.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I dont understand why people care who wins it as long as we dont. City and Chelsea have gotten where they are based on sugar daddies all but ruining the competitiveness of the league and in the transfer market. Its far better for football that a club that hasnt spend ludicrous sums on established stars wins it instead.
Yet you go on to explain who you would prefer to win if we don't.

RoadTrip

This is why -
Just think on this a bit...

1950-60s, United dominated the English game with busby. Legend leaves...

1970-1980s, Shanky and Paisley make liverpool dominate the English game. Legends leave...

Along comes ferguson. 1990-2013 United dominated the English game. Legend leaves...

What's the logical outcome?

AttackingFlair

Fair play to Rodgers and Suarez but I'd like to see how they do with CL football in between their PL fixtures next season.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Yet you go on to explain who you would prefer to win if we don't.
Knew someone would pick up on that :lol:

When people dont want Liverpool to win it seems to be mostly about "they are our rivals", "dont want them to get closer to our league win record" etc. Its a small time thing to care about. Not wanting City, Chelsea and other sugar daddy clubs winning is about the bigger scale of things. When clubs like that get success it leaves a sour taste in the mouth because they only got there because of an outside influence that has nothign to do with doing the right things on and off the pitch. Liverpool have gotten the relative success they are seeing on the pitch right now the right way, and its an inspiration to clubs who dont have a sugar daddy.