World Cup Betting Thread

Golden Nugget

Stuck $500 HKD (38 Pounds) on
(1st) Brazil (2nd) Croatia
(1st) Holland (2nd) Spain
(1st) Italy (2nd) England
(1st) Germany (2nd) Portugal

With a potential return on 915 Pounds. Damn you Spain.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wanted to put some money on Croatia to maybe get myself back into the game but opted against. Obviously they go and win 4-0.

xeebok

Today I am going on

Col - CIV: over 8 corners
Eng-URU: under 12 corners
Jap-Greece: Over 8 corners

4.25 return

and a acc with
Col+England(no draw)+Jap

7.03 return

Cantonarightboot

Didn't Tabarez say Suarez might not start against England?

He'll definitely start! I've no doubt about it:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25285176

"Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been declared fit to play following knee surgery and is expected to start. "

And I've a feeling, after that fool Hodgson said in the presser the other day that Suarez still isn't world class is going to come back on him! Suarez ran riot all season against the very same defenders :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I probably should have went for over 2.5 goals in the England game in one of these bets but hey-ho...

Plus a long-shot bet of both teams to score in both halves at 16/1 in the England game

Sarni

$15 on Colombia and Japan to win and Uruguay not lose returns over a $100. If I tip Uruguay to win (and I really think they are going to) then it'd be almost $200.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Why guys going on Colombia? They haven't impressed me vs Greece in spite of score. And Ivory Coast is filled with great players.

Sarni

Why guys going on Colombia? They haven't impressed me vs Greece in spite of score. And Ivory Coast is filled with great players.
They are playing near home and have a great squad. Not really sure they are going to win but they are good value at 6/5 IMO.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Colombia seemed to be warming up and the quality was there. Ivory Coast had 2 quick goals against Japan and didn't look incredible before or after.

Going with the home support.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought Colombia looked very comfortable in the last game and Ivory Coast weren't impressive at all. On top of that in both of Ivory Coast's World Cups they lost to a South American team and at a glance it seems they haven't beaten a South American team in a long time.

EDIT: Although looking at it now Colombia also have a pretty poor record against African teams. Hmmm...

Sarni

Stuck $500 HKD (38 Pounds) on
(1st) Brazil (2nd) Croatia
(1st) Holland (2nd) Spain
(1st) Italy (2nd) England
(1st) Germany (2nd) Portugal

With a potential return on 915 Pounds. Damn you Spain.
Don't worry. Portugal and England probably won't go through and I won't be surprised to see Mexico pip Croatia to 2nd either.

gaz1185

Colombia vs Ivory Coast: Over 3.5 Goals
England vs Uruguay: Over 2.5 Goals
Japan vs Greece: Japan Win BTTS

Works out at just over 26-1.

Col vs IvC will be a very open affair, two good attacking teams with weak defences, I reckon there will be plenty of goals.

MJLD

£10 free bet on Rooney anytime scorer at just under 2/1. Worth a shot...

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.

Col vs IvC will be a very open affair, two good attacking teams with weak defences, I reckon there will be plenty of goals.
I was thinking the same. I dunno, I just get a feeling that it's too obvious, if that makes sense.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Columbia will win. Even without Falcao they're better then Ivory Coast.

Fancy them to make the last 4.

Ole90+3

Japan win (Got them at 2.5 about a week ago)

Over 2.5 Goals - Colombia vs Ivory Coast @ 2.1
BTTS @ 1.91

Treble
o1.5 goals - Colombia vs Ivory Coast
England to score
Japan or Draw

@2.15

Carl

Put a fiver on this treble:

Columbia v Ivory Coast - Over 2.5 goals
Uruguay +2
Japan -1

Returns around 50quid on Coral.

Having a great time of it so far. It's been a fecking brilliant World Cup.

gaz1185

I was thinking the same. I dunno, I just get a feeling that it's too obvious, if that makes sense.
Yeah it does... sort of :lol; I have a similar feeling though, I have done for most of the World Cup games lately, on paper outcomes for some of the ties look so obvious yet they never some to work that way! Look the Netherlands game yesterday, I would never of imagined Australia would score two nor would I have said Netherlands would have won by just 1 goal.

Ole90+3

Put a fiver on this treble:

Columbia v Ivory Coast - Over 2.5 goals
Uruguay +2
Japan -1

Returns around 50quid on Coral.

Having a great time of it so far. It's been a fecking brilliant World Cup.
I think I'll be on Japan -1 also after seeing the odds. Can get it almost get 4/1 at marathon. Incredible.

cyberman

Busquets did me out of a grand last night with that horrific miss for btts..I'll never forgive that man!!
Have
Columbia v Ivory Coast btts
England
Japan
Pays around 7s
IMO the only major sweat I have is the England game

Sarni

I won't play for a high stake again at this World Cup but I might take some $15 - $20 all-in runs. Now I left myself $15 to play in on my Betfair account which I intend to use on mentioned games - Colombia, Uruguay (not to lose) and possibly Japan.

Sarni

I think I'll be on Japan -1 also after seeing the odds. Can get it almost get 4/1 at marathon. Incredible.
Greece will change their team from the first game so I wouldn't write them off yet. It'll be a tough game and what I have definitely learned about this Japan team is that no matter how well they play they will always lose.

Carl

Yeh I couldn't believe it. I would have been more cautious had Greece or Japan got anything out of their first games but the fact both need to win I fancy Japan to score a few.

Ole90+3

Heard that Greece have conceded the most goals of any team in the World Cup. Averaging around 2.5 a game.

Didn't look it up to confirm it but I was very surprised. Always had the impression that they could park the bus really effectively, maybe not.

Marty1968

Unfortunately I can see you downfall being that Greece can't hit a barn door with their strike force. Expect a 0-0 or narrow Japan win for that one.

I am clearly deluded but have gone for an England 3-1 win and fancy Sterling or Baines (free kick) to score first. Baines/Gerrard/Rooney could get a few chances from set pieces tonight based on Uruguay's clumsy tackling and sturridge, sterling's nifty foot work.

Carl

Unfortunately I can see you downfall being that Greece can't hit a barn door with their strike force. Expect a 0-0 or narrow Japan win for that one.

I am clearly deluded but have gone for an England 3-1 win and fancy Sterling or Baines (free kick) to score first. Baines/Gerrard/Rooney could get a few chances from set pieces tonight based on Uruguay's clumsy tackling and sturridge, sterling's nifty foot work.
I've chucked a fiver free bet on a Cahill goal at any time at 7/1. Similar theory really, fancy us from set pieces.

gaz1185

Well I was going to put Japan on a -1 handicap to win, but Japan's defence is pretty damn leaky, they've conceded 5 in their last two games and 3 goals came from Zambia - who I hope Greece are slightly better than in attack :lol: