Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The Glazers will sack him, Woodward won’t have any say in the matter.
I'm not convinced at all. Have they ever got involved to that extent before? Previously it's reportedly been Woodward taking these decisions with the blessing if the Glazers. I don't think any of them want that sort of heat. The United fanbase feels like a volcano ready to erupt with the Glazers and Woodward. Solskjaer past seems to be the only thing holding this all together for them.

I hope I'm wrong and he's judged on merit, but the club so far have been defiant in their backing of him and it just feels like this will be a step too far for Woodward in particular if he sacks Ole.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't think EW has any pressure on him whatsoever. Online forum/twitter criticisms of him will not make the rest of the board or the Glazers turn on him, and he certainly will never relieve himself as his ego will not let him. His way of responding to the criticisms has been to hire a PR guy, who probably hired some people to defend him in this forum.
Trust me, if he sacks Ole it opens the floodgates on Woodward. Even those that think/ know Solskjaer isn't good enough will go after Woodward for this. The 2 reasons it hasn't happened so far is that those fans that think he should be sacked have too much respect for Ole to push the issue, whilst the other half of the supporters have bought in to this rebuild idea where Ole just needs time and he'll sort it all out.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm done with him, we are now 7th and taken over by Spurs.

Teams are dropping points all over us yet we aren't taking these opportunities partly due to an injury crisis but partly due to him carrying some players like babies, some players like his favourites, not understanding tactics to adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of the players at his disposal whilst he is also changing formation week from week rather than keeping things consistent.

He has to go especially if he draws or loses against Chelsea - even if he wins im done with him but that has to be the day where pressure drops for him if we don't get 3 points.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Different club. Plus he was stating the obvious, he hadn't just spent 150 million quid. Its a long term job to turn this club round, so unless the board are spending a billion quid in one transfer window theres no point criticising them anymore, and theres no point telling shit players they are shit when you need them to play some games
Um did anyone say he should say the players are shit. People are criticising him for accepting and even praising our shit results and performances. I wasn't aware Ole had just two options of either praising shit performances or calling our his players and saying they are shit. Is his vocabulary that limited like his coaching?

Jezpeza

Um did anyone say he should say the players are shit. People are criticising him for accepting and even praising our shit results and performances. I wasn't aware Ole had just two options of either praising shit performances or calling our his players and saying they are shit. Is his vocabulary that limited like his coaching?
Your reference to lampard suggested he should have criticised the board? I said theres no point?

el3mel

what about his detractors spouting the same shit week after week?

regardless of which side of the argument you are, I reckon we’re all fecking tired at this point.
We are spouting shite every week because every week brings another crap result and terrible football display. On the contrary the excuses are still starting to look ridiculous every passing week. Surely at one point you start getting tired of repeating the same excuses every week and start feeling this is just not right. At which point will the Ole supporters start feeling defending Ole is simply not worth it anymore?

Eriku

We are spouting shite every week because every week brings another crap result and terrible football display. On the contrary the excuses are still starting to look ridiculous every passing week. Surely at one point you start getting tired of repeating the same excuses every week and start feeling this is just not right. At which point will the Ole supporters start feeling defending Ole is simply not worth it anymore?
I’ve felt that way since last season, but I hate myself or smth, so I keep doing it... or rather, I try to urge a bit of nuance, as there’s a lot of reactive black and white thinking on here (on both sides). Anyway, this merry-go-round has been going on since Fergie left 7 years ago, so you know the answer... once most have lost confidence Ole will be fired, and some will defend with notions of what might have been, just as we saw with all the other managers post-Fergie.

Anyway, reactive shit-posting mixed with casting aspersions on the other side will always polarise more and add some fervour to things, at least for those who persist. Both sides ought to try to stop claiming they know what’s going on in each other’s heads, or taking cheap shots. Not a day goes by without me reading some shit about Ole-in folks being oppo fans or Norwegians. It’s every bit as exhausting and annoying as lame excuses for Ole is to the other side. You feel me?

Serious question what do you expect him to say? No I'm not happy, the squad I've got is shit?
That the squad is too thin and we need more additions so that we can compete im every competition. He doesnt have to throw anyone under the bus to do this.

James Ward

Sanchez, Lukaku and Young were fantastic today.

Does anyone know how much of Sanchez's wages Inter are paying?

Could do with him back along with Smalling. Why did we sell Lukaku?

Martial/James Lukaku Sanchez is hell of lot stronger than what we have now.

Last edited:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
That the squad is too thin and we need more additions so that we can compete im every competition. He doesnt have to throw anyone under the bus to do this.
If one has courage of conviction they can speak up. If say Ole speaks up and the Board funds him 7 new players in one window. Now the team is shit/weak can no longer be used and the singular objective will be to challenge for the title and other trophies. Ole knows he will not be able to do that. Mourinho was confident that he could get us a league title and hence DEMANDED players to suit his objective. And when he was not backed, he felt empowered by his courage of conviction to speak out. His demand was legit and not an excuse to deflect attention.

Un4givableB

Sanchez, Lukaku and Young were fantastic today.

Does anyone know how much of Sanchez's wages Inter are paying?

Could do with him back along with Smalling. Why did we sell Lukaku?

Martial/James Lukaku Sanchez is hell of lot stronger than what we have now.
That's OGS reverse Midas touch working.

WOW, players with better coaching get better. :confused:

Apparently, Lukaku didn't fit the style of football that OGS wanted to play, you know the style of football he played on Football Manager or on FIFA 17.

Roboc7

Trust me, if he sacks Ole it opens the floodgates on Woodward. Even those that think/ know Solskjaer isn't good enough will go after Woodward for this. The 2 reasons it hasn't happened so far is that those fans that think he should be sacked have too much respect for Ole to push the issue, whilst the other half of the supporters have bought in to this rebuild idea where Ole just needs time and he'll sort it all out.
Depends how badly rest of this season goes, Ole could do so shit that sacking him will be so obvious and there will be no real pressure on Ed. He won’t get much stick in the media if he ditches Ole for Poch, it’s a no brainier.

Once Ole is sacked as long as it’s done in a decent manner I don’t think many fans will be that bothered, football moves on quickly. If fans are happy to keep putting money in the owners pockets and have stuck by team for last 7 years I doubt the club getting rid of worst performing manager since the 80’s is going to be the final straw.

Champagne Football

That's OGS reverse Midas touch working.

WOW, players with better coaching get better. :confused:

Apparently, Lukaku didn't fit the style of football that OGS wanted to play, you know the style of football he played on Football Manager or on FIFA 17.
Lukaku like Fellaini did not fit our style of play. He had to go. If you want a defensive manager in to bore the shite out of everyone, like Conte or Simeone, than Lukaku is ideal for that style.

Hiring Ole made a lot of sense, as the rebuild was too big for most managers. And there was no one else available when we were hiring. It's all about timing. Liverpool were rejected by many a top manager before Klopp said yes to them.

There's no point sacking Ole until someone else is available. Pochettino is available in the summer and wants the job. I think we should get him but at the same time, Ole has been scouting for a year, and giving him 1 more transfer window might actually make sense to finish the daunting rebuild. His record in the transfer market has been the best since Fergue quit, despite being nothing incredible.

Withnail

He has been saying he needs more players lately but if he comes out and starts saying the squad is too thin wouldn't he just be accused of making excuses or sending the wrong message to the team?

Withnail

If one has courage of conviction they can speak up. If say Ole speaks up and the Board funds him 7 new players in one window. Now the team is shit/weak can no longer be used and the singular objective will be to challenge for the title and other trophies. Ole knows he will not be able to do that. Mourinho was confident that he could get us a league title and hence DEMANDED players to suit his objective. And when he was not backed, he felt empowered by his courage of conviction to speak out. His demand was legit and not an excuse to deflect attention.
It's that simple. Ole demands 7 players and abrakedabra they appear!

Oh but he won't do it because he knows he's shit so he keeps the squad thin as this is the best way to keep his job?

I've seen some bizarre takes on here but this takes the biscuit.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It's that simple. Ole demands 7 players and abrakedabra they appear!

Oh but he won't do it because he knows he's shit so he keeps the squad thin as this is the best way to keep his job?

I've seen some bizarre takes on here but this takes the biscuit.
Yes through your Ole tinted glasses for sure. For me your bizzare interpretation of my post takes the cake. Enjoy.

Zhadow

Lukaku like Fellaini did not fit our style of play. He had to go. If you want a defensive manager in to bore the shite out of everyone, like Conte or Simeone, than Lukaku is ideal for that style.
Well.. We have a defensive manager who bores the shit out of everyone. So there's that.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Well.. We have a defensive manager who bores the shit out of everyone. So there's that.
Defensive? Hell no. We have shipped way too many goals to be branded as having a defensive manager. More like no-tactic manager. Boring the shit out of everyone part is true though.

Suv666

Its not just about signings. His subs are absurd. Doesnt matter how shite we are he refuses to make substitutions before the 70th minute.

Greck

Depends how badly rest of this season goes, Ole could do so shit that sacking him will be so obvious and there will be no real pressure on Ed. He won’t get much stick in the media if he ditches Ole for Poch, it’s a no brainier.

Once Ole is sacked as long as it’s done in a decent manner I don’t think many fans will be that bothered, football moves on quickly. If fans are happy to keep putting money in the owners pockets and have stuck by team for last 7 years I doubt the club getting rid of worst performing manager since the 80’s is going to be the final straw.
Yeah there will be no riots. We aren't exactly the most aggressive fans. Most discontent is expressed online and even the o line support isn't overwhelmingly in Ole's favour

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Hiring Ole made a lot of sense, as the rebuild was too big for most managers. And there was no one else available when we were hiring. It's all about timing. Liverpool were rejected by many a top manager before Klopp said yes to them.

There's no point sacking Ole until someone else is available. Pochettino is available in the summer and wants the job. I think we should get him but at the same time, Ole has been scouting for a year, and giving him 1 more transfer window might actually make sense to finish the daunting rebuild. His record in the transfer market has been the best since Fergue quit, despite being nothing incredible.
Do you think Cleverley, Valencia or Young fitted our style of play? What about an ancient Laurent Blanc or Micheal Owen? Top managers make due with what they have and then build a squad around them. In time they hope they would replace them with someone whose better.

The manager's philosophy/ego is what is killing the club. We brought managers who think that they are a gift to the football world and they wouldn't even consider tweaking their system for enough time until changes can be implemented at a realistic time frame. Moyes fired all Sir Alex's men and brought in Fellaini. LVG's philosophy saw yet another clean up both managerial wise and team wise as the squad was filled with players that had no chance on hell of making it with United, Mou did pretty much the same thing and Ole forced a proper witch hunt only to then run the thin squad he was left with to the ground.

Regarding being boring it took us up to the 78 minute to have a meaningful chance against Wolves at home and our winning rate under Ole is shocking. That must be quite entertaining for the opposition.

Withnail

Yes through your Ole tinted glasses for sure. For me your bizzare interpretation of my post takes the cake. Enjoy.
Ole tinted nothing. There are quite a few legitimate reasons to criticise Ole but you seem to be suggesting he isn't banging down the door for new signings, which unlikely to be true, because it removes a convenient excuse for poor performance.

If I've misconstrued your post please enlighten me.

red4ever 79

Ah yes i forgot we are playing attacking exciting football. Wow all those shots we had on target against Man City in the second half last week. I couldnt believe it.

Nr.7

He’s breaking records with Origi, Ox, Henderson, Milner, Loveen, Joe Gomez, Lallana and Matip.
If those players were in our team and coached by Ole - they would have been casted away in their first games.
Not really. He’s breaking records with van Dijk, Alisson, Mane, Salah, Firmino, TAA, Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Robertson.

Champagne Football

Without Rashford we have no top class forward. We're screwed without both him and Pogba. I would agree that Ole put too much reliance on Rashford that led to his injury.

Hopefully Pogba will bother to come back, because with him and Bruno, you'd hope we have some more goals in us.

But such was the size of the rebuild, that we were never gonna get all the players we needed in 1 summer window.

I am all for Pochettino in the summer, but if Ole can land Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Moussa Dembele and Tyrone Mings in the summer, then I'd be happy to see him given until Christmas to show if he can improve things.

Champagne Football

Ah yes i forgot we are playing attacking exciting football. Wow all those shots we had on target against Man City in the second half last week. I couldnt believe it.
We have an injury crisis and a threadbare squad. With Rashford, Pogba and Scott in the team, we tend to be a little more creative.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not really. He’s breaking records with van Dijk, Alisson, Mane, Salah, Firmino, TAA, Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Robertson.
Fabinho missed half of the season. Alisson missed 8 games of the season so far.

Wijnaldum was never rated as the likes of Maguire, AWB at the time he was brought from Newcastle.

Without Klopp and his coaching and tactics players like TAA, Robertson, Mane, Salah and Firminho would've never been as highly rated as they are today.

Mainoldo

I see and who would he play instead?
Sorry I didn’t realise the guys you mentioned were our only options and first team players. Maybe he wouldn’t have players planning on damaged ankles and fractured backs.. or sliding into tackles like there Phil Jones.

Mainoldo

Look at all those world class names no one cared two shites about 3 years ago.

Roboc7

Without Rashford we have no top class forward. We're screwed without both him and Pogba. I would agree that Ole put too much reliance on Rashford that led to his injury.

Hopefully Pogba will bother to come back, because with him and Bruno, you'd hope we have some more goals in us.

But such was the size of the rebuild, that we were never gonna get all the players we needed in 1 summer window.

I am all for Pochettino in the summer, but if Ole can land Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Moussa Dembele and Tyrone Mings in the summer, then I'd be happy to see him given until Christmas to show if he can improve things.
Ole has already spent a fortune you can’t allow him to spend a load more and then only give until Christmas. The club either have to go all in on their worst performing manager since the 80’s or cut their losses and appoint someone else.

Enigma_87

You know who
Revisionism at its best.

Firminho
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/depay-vs-firmino.405933/

4 years ago the caf hardly knew his position and no one was over the moon for him, let alone many thinking Depay would turn to be the better player..

Salah
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/mohamed-salah.381092/

One of the first posts - "The next Gervinho".

From Basel till he was brought in at Pool - Chelsea reject, Italy is shite, etc..

Mane
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sadio-mané.409654/

No thanks.

Good player, but we can do so much better.
Pretty much. I don't think he'd make the step up very well.
Hopefully not.
he'd be a great squad player for us. I personally think he would be a great option off the bench against tired opposition and would give us a great 2nd option on the right other than Mata.
Yet Liverpool is where they are because they have a team of superstars. :houllier:

Aye, Liverpool are where they are because they have some great players, some decent ones and a super star manager that makes every side and individual he manages play much better than the sum of their parts.

Nr.7

3 years is a long time in football.
So CL winners, soon to be PL champions with one of the most dominant campaign in history, but none of them’s worldclass cause you didn’t give a shit about them 3 years ago?

Wijnaldum was never rated as the likes of Maguire, AWB at the time he was brought from Newcastle.

Without Klopp and his coaching and tactics players like TAA, Robertson, Mane, Salah and Firminho would've never been as highly rated as they are today.

I agree. Klopp is a worldclas manager. Probably the best in the world, at least in my opinion.
But those are top players, make no mistake about it. Klopp’s sistem makes the most out of his players, but you need a certain kind of players to achieve that level.

Champagne Football

Ole has already spent a fortune you can’t allow him to spend a load more and then only give until Christmas. The club either have to go all in on their worst performing manager since the 80’s or cut their losses and appoint someone else.
True but if you truly analyse some of the work Ole's done -
Jose childishly cast Fred to the scrap heap, as he does with many players who don't perform when given just 90 minutes to show they belong, or else they are out. Ole has fixed Fred and kept faith in him even though he was still shocking after 10 games until he eventually got there. That takes balls from Ole and deserves respect.

Scott McT would have gotten 3 games a season under Jose max. Ole has turned him into a first XI player.

All Ole's signings so far have been mostly solid.

Then Greenwood and Williams have been given far more game time than any other manager would give, and the experiment has paid off.

There are positives but Ole probably is not up to it. We're stuck with him till the summer at least. I'm not against him getting 1 more window based on decent transfer record so far.

But there's no doubt after a year in charge, that we are nowhere near where most elite managers like Pochettino would be expected to be, which is comfortably in the top 4.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jose childishly cast Fred to the scrap heap, as he does with many players who don't perform when given just 90 minutes to show they belong, or else they are out. Ole has fixed Fred and kept faith in him even though he was still shocking after 10 games until he eventually got there. That takes balls from Ole and deserves respect.

Scott McT would have gotten 3 games a season under Jose max. Ole has turned him into a first XI player.

Then Greenwood and Williams have been given far more game time than any other manager would give, and the experiment has paid off.

There are positives but Ole probably is not up to it. We're stuck with him till the summer at least. I'm not against him getting 1 more window based on decent transfer record so far.

But there's no doubt after a year in charge, that we are nowhere near where most elite managers like Pochettino would be expected to be, which is comfortably in the top 4.
I'm all for a but of Jose bashing but the Scott comment is fecking ridiculous seeing as he's the one who brought him through here. Even when he was half the player he is now and nobody could understand what the hell he was doing in the team, Jose was still playing him.

mu4c_20le

80m net spend last summer isn't a fortune.

mu4c_20le

Klopp and his coaching and tactics finished 8th in his first season, worse than his predecessor in the previous season. If he wasn't allowed to rebuild the team to his liking he would've walked.

Roboc7

He’s massively over spent on two defenders who are suited to his counter attacking football and a winger that is a rotation option.

He was just trying to buy Josh King, Ole isn’t some kind of transfer market guru and unless the next manager is going to adopt the same defensive and counter attacking tactics there is no logic to giving him more money unless he is actually going to be given another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.