Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RashysTekkers

Ole will be here at the end of the season and wont be sacked if we continue our upward trajectory next season. Simple as.

kaiz

Oh piss off. Read one minute of what? An article about why James Rodriguez is a viable option? Why are you bothering posting here if you've already reached enlightenment? Just jog on back to the hole you came from. You obviously have no intention of adding any worthwhile discussion.
Ok, at least you checked it out and I apologize for not being clear. You should read the tactical analysis by Pauly Kwestel. Most people on here don't know anything about tactic but they sure love to tell you how much Ole sucks at it. I have posted the link 3 times in the hope that they would learn something like I did.

::sonny::

There are no alternative, Juve opted for Pirlo because there are no decent managers on the market

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I wouldn’t say Poch improved Harry Kane. He just played him. With that said. That also stands for the front line you say Ole has improved.
Just commenting here so I can go back to this post later to edit it and explain how wrong you are

He'sRaldo

Your right. I can actually see what we are trying to do, so I shouldn’t have said that. We’re just not very good at it. We try to play out from the back with a keeper that can’t pass or leave his 6 yard box and it shows. We play a 1-1-1 midfield when we are in attack which is just odd but allows for Bruno to basically be a second striker and Rashford and Greenwood are just instructed to do as they please (which I don’t have a problem with).
I agree.

And the thing is, I'm actually desperate to give Ole credit. But despite that I can't lie about what we're seeing on the field. If somehow Ole starts getting the organization right then I'll be the first to point it out, but for right now it's wrong to deny it just to protect him.

What does give me hope is that not every manager sorts out their organization from the off, and a lot of times the assistants are heavily involved in that as well. If Ole is able to bring someone in to improve our play that would be perfect. But until then, it will hold us back and there's no reason to skirt around that.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
And for the 10th time I am asking - if Pochettino was so great, why did he allow the Spurs-team to completely implode in his last year in charge ? No pro-Pochettino fan has ever given a decent explanation to this
Because no manager can keep at the highest level without constant refresh and reinvestment. Last years Messi Lindgard is next year's dead wood. Players get better and leave or worse and need to leave. Or leave in order to get better. If you are the victim of that process rather than the beneficiary, it's not good.

tl:dr Levi

AshRK

Lot of top clubs have appointed inexperienced managers. I feel this may be a trend going forward. Tactical nous is important but I feel even more important is man management. I feel Ole in that part has been excellent. Of course he has to keep on improving and whether he can only time will tell.

AshRK

I can’t wait. Just make sure you explain how Poch improved Kane.. that’s what I’m interested in.
To say Poch had no influence over Kane's success shows how little knowledge you have about the game. There is lot to management and the game which people sitting on a couch wouldn't understand. Messi was always going to be a great but you needed Pep to make sure he reached that heights. Cristiano may have been a star player but Sir alex made sure his game evolved and he became a moster of a player. There is a reason CR7 even to this date regards sir alex so high. There was no guarantee Salah would reach this level but Klopp made sure he worked with him and made him what he is.

So your point that players are always going to become good is bs. Had Jose still remained Martial would have been probably sold. Rashford would have been a squad player at the best and greenwood would not have played this much. So Ole has improved our three attackers single handedly.

This was Ole commenting about Rashford in December 2019.
"The most important thing is to settle him down in front of goal. I’ve seen him rush a few finishes… That goal will never move. I’m really looking forward to having the amount of talent that I’m working with now up front.”

You could see he was already looking to improve Rashford's finishing. And considering Rashford has got 22 goals this season Ole did do his job well.

Same with Martial. To say Ole had no impact on his growth is stupid statement. You have to show the trust and need to have excellent man management to improve players.

lysglimt

Scout
Because no manager can keep at the highest level without constant refresh and reinvestment. Last years Messi Lindgard is next year's dead wood. Players get better and leave or worse and need to leave. Or leave in order to get better. If you are the victim of that process rather than the beneficiary, it's not good.

tl:dr Levi
Well - why did he sign so many crap players then ? He wasted so much money on crap players - it's almost at the same level as we did.

Pochettino signed 27 players in his time at Spurs - only 3 were excellent. (Son, Alli and Alderweireld)

Dve

Well if it was a stats thing I wouldn’t bother watching football at all. I’d just check the table every week and make a judgement based on that.
If you were checking the table every week, you would find out that since January, we have been the best them team in the PL.

ReddBalls

Cristiano may have been a star player but Sir alex made sure his game evolved and he became a moster of a player. There is a reason CR7 even to this date regards sir alex so high.
There was also this other fella that helped him out in becoming an insane goalscorer.

"In his first three seasons at Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 27 times in 137 games. In 2006/07, he found the net 23 times. The season after that, he scored 42 times in 49 games.

The Portuguese started adding different facets to his attacking game during his time at United - timing his runs into the box, picking up tap-ins, improving his headers - until he was the team's main scoring threat."

"Ronaldo is on record about how much Alex Ferguson meant to him at United - once advising him to cut out the step-overs - but he relied heavily on some of his more experienced teammates.

Solskjaer and Wayne Rooney were two United players that worked closely with Ronaldo on the training ground, with the Norwegian often staying on with him for shooting practice. The pair would call over academy goalkeepers and defenders for the kickabouts. It is no surprise to hear of the young attacker turning to Solskjaer, a player who scored 126 goals in 366 games for United despite Ferguson regularly using him as a substitute."

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/cristiano-ronaldo-man-united-solskjaer-174293
Incidentally, Solskjær retired as a player in 2007, and was kept on board as an attacking coach in the 2007/2008 season. The season Ronaldo nearly doubled his output.

Mainoldo

To say Poch had no influence over Kane's success shows how little knowledge you have about the game. There is lot to management and the game which people sitting on a couch wouldn't understand. Messi was always going to be a great but you needed Pep to make sure he reached that heights. Cristiano may have been a star player but Sir alex made sure his game evolved and he became a moster of a player. There is a reason CR7 even to this date regards sir alex so high. There was no guarantee Salah would reach this level but Klopp made sure he worked with him and made him what he is.

So your point that players are always going to become good is bs. Had Jose still remained Martial would have been probably sold. Rashford would have been a squad player at the best and greenwood would not have played this much. So Ole has improved our three attackers single handedly.

This was Ole commenting about Rashford in December 2019.
"The most important thing is to settle him down in front of goal. I’ve seen him rush a few finishes… That goal will never move. I’m really looking forward to having the amount of talent that I’m working with now up front.”

You could see he was already looking to improve Rashford's finishing. And considering Rashford has got 22 goals this season Ole did do his job well.

Same with Martial. To say Ole had no impact on his growth is stupid statement. You have to show the trust and need to have excellent man management to improve players.
He literally had a 1v1 the other day and tried to leather it past the keeper :lol: . Yes Im fully aware coaches assess and help improve certain aspects of players games. My point was certain things would have happened anyway. Which is the whole reason why players move from lesser teams to big teams. They’ve showed enough at a lower peace team to show there are of the level of a bigger team, regardless of what would be considered lesser level coaching.

But don’t let that go over your head.

Mainoldo

If you were checking the table every week, you would find out that since January, we have been the best them team in the PL.
My maths might be off but wouldn’t the table show that Liverpool finished first? Eve n if I was to check it since January?

Dve

He literally had a 1v1 the other day and tried to leather it past the keeper :lol: . Yes Im fully aware coaches assess and help improve certain aspects of players games. My point was certain things would have happened anyway. Which is the whole reason why players move from lesser teams to big teams. They’ve showed enough at a lower peace team to show there are of the level of a bigger team, regardless of what would be considered lesser level coaching.

I think it´s pretty obvious that your point is to dismiss any positive influence of Ole and improvements made under him.

ravelston

Ok, at least you checked it out and I apologize for not being clear. You should read the tactical analysis by Pauly Kwestel. Most people on here don't know anything about tactic but they sure love to tell you how much Ole sucks at it. I have posted the link 3 times in the hope that they would learn something like I did.
Thanks for the post - found the piece I read very interesting. Good analysis. I'll try to get back to read some more later.

AshRK

So you are sayong coaches don't have any influence on players improving. So players like ronaldo are idiots for saying sir alex had a big role in his saying because according to you certain things would have happened anyway.

imamuppet

Pochettino - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Ole - 1, 2, 3

Poch has more letters in his name so he is the better manager, dont you people not know this

:lol:

Funny how RedSky has posted some nice looking tables with very relevant data and none of the "you know who" crowd have touched it with a barge pole, its as if they cant see the data, tells everyone all we need to know regards their agenda

Mainoldo

So you are sayong coaches don't have any influence on players improving. So players like ronaldo are idiots for saying sir alex had a big role in his saying because according to you certain things would have happened anyway.
Ronaldo benefited from playing in the Prem most definitely. Made him a man! They most definitely worked on his game too. But as I pointed out players like Ronaldo would have made it anyway. Unless Mourinho got a hold of him. He wouldn’t have played him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldo benefited from playing in the Prem most definitely. Made him a man! They most definitely worked on his game too. But as I pointed out players like Ronaldo would have made it anyway. Unless Mourinho got a hold of him. He wouldn’t have played him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, if I'm getting your argument correctly. If a player is bound to be good, he'll eventually become good irrespective of the training sessions by the club? And is there any specific age till which coaching actually helps? So, just for the sake of it, does a coaching help a 10 year old kid? 14 year old kid? 17 year kid?

One has to wonder why clubs even go through the trouble of hiring backroom staff and investing millions of dollars on training facilities as all these players would become world beaters because they were destined for it.

Yeah I was impressed with him too and was happy they backed him after the 9-0 drubbing. He’s a quality coach.

We still need investment but your right a good coach could improve us with far less investment.

Southampton are a well run club top to bottom though and you can tell by their appointments. They derailed once hiring Hughes but learnt there lesson.
Also, is the case applicable to only Southampton where a manger can improve players?

AshRK

So you are saying coaching is not at all required. Let everyone do their own stuff as players would make it anyway. Why do we need managers?

And if you feel this way, why are you here every day criticizing ole considering coaching is not even needed and they will all do well irrespective of them.

Mainoldo

So you are saying coaching is not at all required. Let everyone do their own stuff as players would make it anyway. Why do we need managers?

And if you feel this way, why are you here every day criticizing ole considering coaching is not even needed and they will all do well irrespective of them.
A manager and coaches job is to develop style of play. I think that’s most important. I mean was we banging on about Fergie improving Ryan Giggs for an example? These aren’t u’10 learning the game. Maybe you should be clear on what you mean by improving coaching players to improve them and what is they expecting outcome?

Mainoldo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, if I'm getting your argument correctly. If a player is bound to be good, he'll eventually become good irrespective of the training sessions by the club? And is there any specific age till which coaching actually helps? So, just for the sake of it, does a coaching help a 10 year old kid? 14 year old kid? 17 year kid?

One has to wonder why clubs even go through the trouble of hiring backroom staff and investing millions of dollars on training facilities as all these players would become world beaters because they were destined for it.

Also, is the case applicable to only Southampton where a manger can improve players?
Exactly my point. Is an u15’s development the same as a player playing for the first team? Maybe ask someone who’s played professional football and been through an academy.

My point is quite simple.. when I say better coach I mean style of play and improving the overall performance level of a team. When I refer to Martial not improving by coaching. He would have played this way whether It was Solskjær or any other coach who actually gave him the minutes and confidence to lead the line. Does Ole deserve credit for that.. 100 percent. But it’s not through some amazing coaching. I back that up with Harry Kane and Pochettino. He didn’t bring anything different out if Kane that Ole couldn’t have done. Would they play the same style though? No

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Exactly my point. Is an u15’s development the same as a player playing for the first team? Maybe ask someone who’s played professional football and been through an academy.

My point is quite simple.. when I say better coach I mean style of play and improving the overall performance level of a team. When I refer to Martial not improving by coaching. He would have played this way whether It was Solskjær or any other coach who actually gave him the minutes and confidence to lead the line. Does Ole deserve credit for that.. 100 percent. But it’s not through some amazing coaching. I back that up with Harry Kane and Pochettino. He didn’t bring anything different out if Kane that Ole couldn’t have done. Would they play the same style though? No
I get your point but you're focussing on a very small part of a much much bigger picture.
If a 20 year player scored 10 goals in previous season and 12 goals the following season, I'd say it's improvement based on age only. Nothing special from coaching team. But if a player is doubling his goal tally, there are more often than not multiple factors of play. Maturity/experience being just one of them. There is work going on behind the scenes for development of player's anticipation, finishing ability, composure, positioning, decision making, etc.
Add to that, a manager has to find a system that suits the natural playing style of all his players and the system deployed brings out the best version of all his players. TAA is arguably the best example for this. Look at the contrast between his Pool and England perfromances.

Dve

Ole´s ability to coach strikers I think is the one thing you cannot take away from him. Haaland, e.g., has been very outspoken about the role Ole have had in his development.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Well - why did he sign so many crap players then ? He wasted so much money on crap players - it's almost at the same level as we did.
I can't claim enough knowledge of spurs internal politics or their transfers in that period to know if that's true or not. But I do know that he was complaining about the stagnant squad when he left, and that the stadium project and overrun was a huge drain on their finances.

lysglimt

Scout
I can't claim enough knowledge of spurs internal politics or their transfers in that period to know if that's true or not. But I do know that he was complaining about the stagnant squad when he left, and that the stadium project and overrun was a huge drain on their finances.
Don't get me wrong - I am not saying Poch had a fortune to spend on players, so he had to gamble more than the other top managers

But Vincent Jansen, Serge Aurier, Clinton NJie, Georges Kevin Nkoudou, Tanguy Ndombele, Kevin Wimmer, Juan Foyth, Benjamin Stambouli, Moussa Sissoko, Davinson Sanchez and Lucas Moura - was perhaps not the best way to spend £200 million ?

He'sRaldo

Don't get me wrong - I am not saying Poch had a fortune to spend on players, so he had to gamble more than the other top managers

But Vincent Jansen, Serge Aurier, Clinton NJie, Georges Kevin Nkoudou, Tanguy Ndombele, Kevin Wimmer, Juan Foyth, Benjamin Stambouli, Moussa Sissoko, Davinson Sanchez and Lucas Moura - was perhaps not the best way to spend £200 million ?
Spurs don't have the pull of a big club, so that will be the sort of transfer targets they can attract. As opposed to a Pogba, Sancho or Maguire type of player.

OrcaFat

Good to see a decent percentage happy to stick with Ole.

I’m not sure what the other 23% are smoking but I don’t think it’s doing them much good.

Status
Not open for further replies.