Would you take relegation if it meant the end of the Glazer’s ? Be honest

Quinze

This is thinking backwards. We want to get the Glazers out so we don't get relegated and go back to competing for trophies. Getting relegated won't help with any of this and it's not like getting them out is a trophy or victory in itself. We could also be getting worse owners.

wangyu

Yes I would. See it as a cleansing, a huge reduction of income would mean we stop being reliant on money. No more big transfers that we can.t get rid of because humongous wages. Lesser money means more actual out of the box thinking and coming to clever solutions.

In the past it was possible to buy big and become big. These days are over. Players are so expensive that you can’t buy a new team any longer, you can buy one or two players a season and that’s it. Not only that, there is also enormous competition from 6 or 7 other teams that are able to buy those players. So to lure them in would mean offering even bigger contracts until it all implodes.

United needs to become a family again that values togetherness and progress you cant be like that if you just chuck money out of the window. Invest in the youth set up, make it the countries finest and reap the rewards, buy smart thus invest in a scouting apparatus. Value consistency and don’t change the set up of coaches every other year.

Becoming financially vulnerable would be our biggest win. Money makes lazy, our players look lazy and who wouldn’t on that amount of money and no pressure coming from the stands or from the higher ups.

Last time we were in the second division it brought togetherness and even enthusiasm. It was a reality check but united came out strong. The same applies for Ac Milan, Atletico and Juventus who dropped a division too at one point. It would not be the end of the world and not the end of the club.

Lost bear

Simple question, would you ? I honestly think I would as it’d stop the slow painful decline we’ve been going through the past decade.
While I understand the problems raised by others at this prospect, I personally would. I mean, it’s obviously only a hypothetical question, and I would prefer NOT to be relegated. But I’m beginning to wonder if anything short of cutting off the head of the snake is ever going to work. So: yep, I would. They’re a fecking curse.

Gums

Seeing so many people vote yes here, makes me think we are really a spoiled shitless bunch of whiners.

I don’t know, maybe ask a couple of supporters of other teams who have gone through relegation. Maybe they can highlight their experiences and tell us that relegation doesn’t solve our problems. We’d just end up with new problems. In a lower league without any bounce back guarantees.

Be careful what you wish for.

wangyu

For those who say there is no guarantee of getting back up, they are right. But there is one guarantee and that is the Glazers will sell if it were to happen. The way I see with the current ownership there is no guarantee we will ever compete again either.

downunder red

NO

There is a good chance it's going to happen anyway with the way things are going.
How about fourth to bottom that would give them a bit of a scare.

FatTails

Yes if it means 50+1. No if it means some oil state or a random rich villain buying United.

Glazers Out!

Simple question, would you ? I honestly think I would as it’d stop the slow painful decline we’ve been going through the past decade.
If they had relegation in America, the Glazer owned teams would likely be in the 6th division of American Football pyramid.

BaneIsPain

Sadly yes. This transfer window should be the final straw after a disastrous last season.
It seems one step forward three steps backwards every time.

GazTheLegend

I've started wondering what it might be like to have our club relegated. Let's be real - it probably won't happen. But I'm not gonna lie there's a secret tinge of excitement I'd have about being in the championship, it really is a great league to watch ... This might be the ultimate cope of all time though because it would be unbelievably embarrassing. The Glazers would, I'm sure, face riots and absolutely sell up.

.... And yet I'm 100% sure our ground would be completely full for all 23 home games and every opposition team / tv channel would be bouncing with the news. The same way when Leeds United were there they were basically on TV every single week. So it's not like it's the end of the world or anything.

This is genuinely how a lot of bouncing teams fans feel whenever I speak to them too (Fulham fans for instance) who, as much as they like getting to the PL, don't enjoy the routine thrashings dishes out by oil club trainsets every week.

Ekeke

No. I want the team to be successful and if without the Glazers all the better, but not at the cost of risking the club and the jobs of those employewd by the club outside of training, picking the team, strategy and transfers. Those people will be judged on their results on the pitch and rightly so, but there are loads of people employed who would likely lose their jobs to save money as the club slides down to a bottom half team let alone getting relegated.

I dont believe that the answer to stopping the Glazers doing damage to the club is doing a lot more damage to the club. I believe the most realistic scenario is someone wants to give them the money they want. Why? Because they're making money. And someone else will want to make money and will eventually buy from them. That new owner would hopefully do a better job of getting the fans onside and ensuring the quality of our club on the pitch. But the truth is we dont know that will be the case. The next owner might be the same, or extremely similar.

Esset

Since we have absolutly nothing to lose - yes without a doubt.

Tarrou

surprised at so many saying no

the Glazers will never get us competing at the top again

and they could carry on like this for decades, for the rest of some of our lives we could never see United lift the PL again

lee82gx

Yes. I’m also tired of this bunch of players. So they can all join other top clubs

Strelok

Yes. I can't bring myself to any excitement watching us now. What's the fecking point?

red thru&thru

The Premier League would not want us relegated. Their product would fall without us.

Anyhow, we no longer need to have these discussions. Sir Jim Ratcliffe has put his hat in the ring and we need to mobilise together and get rid of the Glazers and Sir Jim in.

downunder red

Lets not wish for relegation so the parasites will leave. Just make Old Trafford so toxic that it gets the publicity. I've got mates over here who don't even follow football and they are talking about how we where fecked over with the Glazers. Elon Musk done us a favour having his little joke. Bad publicity is the way tog go; it hurts their brand if the whole world learns how parasitic this family is.
And when I say toxic. Make it that all the board members do not want to watch the games. The whole of Stretford giving them abuse all game. You get the jist.

I know I'm going to cop it telling match day fans what to do but getting relegated is the last thing we want.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
This is a ridiculous question. Relegation would ruin the club for years.
I'm sure a couple of mid table finishes and fan fury will have a similar effect and they would sell.

CallyRed

Being stuck with the glazers means mid table mediocrity for many years to come.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
In a strange way, It might actually be the best thing that could happen to the club.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I'm not sure there would be a Man Utd for long if they got relegated. The operation of the club requires it to bring in a lot of money, a lot of money that disappears overnight without the PL. Look at how other large clubs have never bounced back, the leagues are very different now than when United last went down. Maybe its what the club deserves, but personally without United I'm not really interested in football, so I'd prefer it to stick around. Its incredibly naive to think all that would happen is the Glazers would sell, someone would buy, fix all the problems and we'd bounce straight back up.

hazldinho

I would personally take relegation to the lower leagues as long as we can keep our stadium and history minus the current owners. Confident we would be back relatively quickly without a lot of the baggage that is strangling the club.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No. I don't believe that any self respecting Manchester United supporter would deliberately wish for the club to be relegated, whatever the circumstances.

It is my view that we are getting close to the beginning of the end of the Glazer ownership.
It is now up to potential buyers to get their act together.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Seeing so many people vote yes here, makes me think we are really a spoiled shitless bunch of whiners.

I don’t know, maybe ask a couple of supporters of other teams who have gone through relegation. Maybe they can highlight their experiences and tell us that relegation doesn’t solve our problems. We’d just end up with new problems. In a lower league without any bounce back guarantees.

Be careful what you wish for.
I don't have to ask supporters of other teams because I remember what happened when we were relegated.

And if we had a repeat of that relegation season and the following promotion one with a young, exciting, attacking and vibrant side once again then I would be absolutely delighted.

Zed 101

Realistically there are super rich buyers out there that would dispose of our (the Glazer's) debts in the blink of an eye, I think given the way the premier league in particular has gone the last few years we are no longer the financial powerhouse we once were, without the Glazer's draining the club it could probably go toe to toe with the richest owners without the need for additional funds being thrown into the mix.

On balance I would say no, although a relegation dog fight which is realistic might be enough, I also think that the excitement over new ownership might be enough to break the current apathy about the club potential signings seem to have