Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He hasn't done enough to convince me yet he would be a good backup. I don't disagree with reserving judgment till the end of the season but he needs to do more as an attacking player.
Point is, people.are way too quick to pass a judgment. It's fecking 6 PL matches. Have some patience atleast till end of the season ffs.

Keanes Magic Hat

The issue with him as a back up long term is that he isn't an impact player. I think that's why ETH is happy to start him and then sub him off, if he's playing the understudy role he's unlikely to help us coming from the bench unless it's to see out a game we are already winning.

FerociousCorgis

if he was a free transfer then maybe, but really any money spent could prob go towards someone else who can possibly offer more/become much more for us. Would think united have a massive scouting system use it to find someone

Olecurls99

The strikers in our last title winning squad were RvP, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.

2 were bona fide world class players, one backup was good enough to scored 18 goals in all comps that campaign, loaned to Madrid and scored twice in the Ro16 for them, had another 20+ goals season at West Ham, the other back up was blighted with injuries throughout his career but were still a mainstay PL level player.

Granted, we aren’t playing with 2 strikers like Fergie did, so no point stockpiling that much talents in the squad, but you think Weghorst measure up to either Chicharito or Danny Welbz as a backup? And if not, why then are we settling, if our aim is to become the best again?
I think he's as good as Danny Wellbeck

lex talionis

I don't see enough in Weggy's game to warrant a contract offer for him. On the other hand, if ETH wants him, I stand with Erick the Great.

InfiniteBoredom

I think he's as good as Danny Wellbeck
And you are entitled to your opinion, but putting the eye test aside as it's fairly subjective, Welbeck has generally averaged anywhere between 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 G/A (generally closer to 1 in 3), and that remains consistent throughout his career despite all the injuries he has suffered, which unquestionably had an impact on his development and athleticism (this season he seems to have finally lost it though). That's all in the PL and better than anything Weghorst produced thus far at the same level of football.

OrcaFat

The issue with him as a back up long term is that he isn't an impact player. I think that's why ETH is happy to start him and then sub him off, if he's playing the understudy role he's unlikely to help us coming from the bench unless it's to see out a game we are already winning.
With any luck there will be many games we are already winning come 75 mins. He could be very useful in those scenarios, snuffing out any resurgences and linking play on the break.

I don’t mind him starting sometimes if he’s what our tactics require.

All in all I think would be a decent squad option if he would just score occasionally (which he might).

Strelok

So because he's not a lump up front he's now not a decent footballer? He can press better than most, his work off the ball is brilliant and his passing isn't bad at all either.

Admitted he's not a great goalscorer but to say he's a poor footballer is ignorant.

Also expecting him to be a target man/great header of ball/lump because he's so tall isn't it.
He's very slow, very average on the ball, has a real shit feeling/judgment of the trajectory of the ball (that's why he's so bad in the air despite the height), very average finisher. The positives are his workrate, his energy and his attitude. I like him too but truth is he's a very average, if not poor footballer.

Anyway we can agree to disagree without calling other ignorant I think. No need for that.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Another solid display and decent contribution unfortunately overshadowed by his inability to score.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I doubt he'll ever score again, but you can't deny he brings something to the team.

And how can you not love the guy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's loving life at Man Utd. And you know what, I'm loving him too!

Dr. StrangeHate

He is always in and around the action. Definitely provides us something different. I think we should make him permanent.

Tiber

He is absolutely dogshit when it comes to scoring goals. But can't deny that he runs around like a hyper puppy who drank a tin of red bull

Hulme91

Got no problem with him being the 3rd striker on a permanent basis, sign him up!

Abraxas

Big Wout was pretty good today. Even when it looks like he scored he didn't score though.

tomaldinho1

Does he get an assist for his blocked shot which went to Garnacho? He'll definitely get one for Fred's goal.

Maybe we're all cavemen and just can't see the future where a striker never scores but somehow we never lose.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's very slow, very average on the ball, has a real shit feeling/judgment of the trajectory of the ball (that's why he's so bad in the air despite the height), very average finisher. The positives are his workrate, his energy and his attitude. I like him too but truth is he's a very average, if not poor footballer.

Anyway we can agree to disagree without calling other ignorant I think. No need for that.
He also has a very good first touch and quite good passing

saivet

Apart from the assist you mean?
Which was a tackle :lol:

Think we're better off just playing him as no.10 rather than as a no.9 as his finishing will cost us. He can be a nuisance a bit deeper instead.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s been a brilliant signing even if his goal tally says otherwise.

Baneofthegame

Really wish he got a goal today, it's really hard not to like him, his energy and attitude is infectious.

The guy was over the moon with the last two goals.

macheda14

I love him purely for his smile. Looks genuinely chuffed to be winning games playing for United. The height of his life right here whether he stays or goes in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.