5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meep

Hahaha, he is probably unaware of what he is doing with that shit or he is taking the piss out of their ridiculous touching some shitty plastic ritual..

PoTMS

Imagine being a Liverpool player and watching one of the players of your big rivals touch the sign unironically while walking down the steps. They must've been licking their lips. Although with someone as shit as Weghorst, they were doing that already.

There's been no overreaction to this. Overreaction would be too say sell him or burn him at the stake for touching the sign. What he did on the eve of a big game especially knowing what's at stake was pretty stupid. Looks even more stupid now we got thumped.

Flexdegea

I honestly despair of anyone thinking him touching the anfield sign is an issue.

I couldn't care less who or players support so long as they perform on the pitch and that's all I judge them on.

The fake outrage over this is a joke.

We didn't lose 7.0 because one player touched a sign

Huge huge contradiction in your post here.

I know it shouldn't but it's annoying me more than the result at the moment :lol:

Is he taking the piss here or what

Fabio Rochemback

This clip has annoyed me way more than is rational. He's been pretty consistently awful on the pitch anyway but you can sort of look the other way with that for a short-term loan signing, but what on earth is this shit?

This is exactly why you can't afford to have players who are just happy to be here. He clearly has no idea what it means to be a big player and it reflects in the way he plays every week.
In his defence, it looked like he saw the Liverpool player next to him do it and in that split second thought he was supposed to do it too, for some reason. I think (and hope) it wasn't a premeditated thing. It's still looks terrible, obviously.

EDIT: just seen he's a lifelong Liverpool fan. In that case, totally unacceptable. That's worthy of a hefty fine.

Last edited:

Cas18

If your showing that much deference to the scousers you're not going on the pitch with the right mentality. Unfortunately we're so light on options that he's still going to play although can't understand ETH's obsession with him starting. We've still got better options available and he should be off the bench at best. Rather not see him at all after that but hopefully he gets sent back to Burnley at the end of the season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If he wasn't Liverpool fan, I wouldn't care, but it's obvious it's something he wanted to do for his entire life. Which is another embarrassing thing for us from that game tbf, it's not like we needed more stuff.

spiriticon

He's a Liverpool fan????? Terminate contract. Now.
Play McTominay as striker if we have to.

Ronaldo's Love Child

In his defence, it looked like he saw the Liverpool player next to him do it and in that split second thought he was supposed to do it too, for some reason. I think (and hope) it wasn't a premeditated thing. It's still looks terrible, obviously.

EDIT: just seen he's a lifelong Liverpool fan. In that case, totally unacceptable. That's worthy of a hefty fine.
I've just had a look at it in slow motion 17 times and I think he was wiping a bogey from his fingers into the sign. There's definitely something green on the letter "T".

He's in my good books again.

Seveneric

You are right it takes a real fan to get upset about one person touching a sign rather than watching the entire team get humiliated by our biggest rivals 7.0
This weird one or the other thinking that has infected the internet lately. It's like everyone collectively became incapable of holding two opinions at once :houllier:

I doubt there's anyone who thinks a player touching the sign is what led to a thrashing, but it is also a weird thing to do before a game with a heated rivalry. It is really not that complicated, christ.

mu4c_20le

Saw that in the Mail but didn't think much of it. Same vibes as when he was crouched by himself and looking at the Wembley crowd after winning his first trophy.... guy is like a fan who got pulled from the stands, he's just taking it all in. Including the Anfield experience.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I actually feel kind of bad for the guy. Nowhere near good enough, but at least he's fit and he tries. Imagine those being the criteria to be a starting CF for Manchester United these days - fit and working hard :lol:

Ronaldo's Love Child

Riddle me this then.

If at the start of the season someone would have told you that we could win the Carabao Cup and be 3rd in the league at this stage of the season OR we avoid getting tanked by 7-0 by Liverpool............which option would you have chosen?

Lee565

One of the worst strikers at the club during my lifetime, this is what a lack of ambition looks like from glazers.

We have had some rotten luck this season with strikers, ronaldo became a spent force and toxic, martial could barely stay fit and when he did have a run of a few games he was drawing blanks and to top it off we have to make do with this guy in January whilst we still had a fighting chance of challenging for the title.

Tibs

He's just not good enough.

Not his fault, what more do you expect for £3m for 6 months.

Hopefully the final bit of business the Glazers do in the transfer market, fecking cnuts.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
People are genuinely angry he touched that Anfield sign? :lol:

Who cares that your striker is a huge pool fan. heh

KetilOwren88

People are genuinely angry he touched that Anfield sign? :lol:

Who cares that your striker is a huge pool fan. heh
He can support whoever he wants, but doing a kind of religious Liverpool ritual as a Manchester United player right before kick off is bizarre.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not that I'm terribly invested either way but I find that pretty believable personally.

Hughie77

There we go he's said what he done, I believe him , the social media nonsense is brought about by some asshole who's clocked it and is the usual shit stirrer ABU , were after the result they've all crawled out from under there stones.
I like WW , he's not the best at finishing but he's doing the job asked of him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Saw that in the Mail but didn't think much of it. Same vibes as when he was crouched by himself and looking at the Wembley crowd after winning his first trophy.... guy is like a fan who got pulled from the stands, he's just taking it all in. Including the Anfield experience.
:lol: FFS. He’s not a make a wish, he’s just not very good at football.

Thiagoal

Not that I’m particularly bothered if he wanted to touch the sign but his explanation is total BS in my view. Van Dijk is well ahead of him when he touches the sign

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He could have liverbird tattooed on his private part and his face, it doesn't matter to me as long as he gives it all on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.