g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Wout Weghorst image 27

Wout Weghorst Netherlands flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unam333

Really good game by him. Helps that Betis is absolutely awful as a team. We blew them away. Really happy for him. Love his celebration.
Now he has his goal at Old Trafford, hopefully he will be more composed in front of goal.
Score another one in your next game Wout!

Abhinav

Happy for him, he deserves it for the shift he puts in every time. Having said, we need a big upgrade in the summer. Another striker could have scored 3 more - he always seems to be a second late to the chances.

SAFMUTD

He's like a fan playing. All effort no talent at all. Great to see him so happy scoring but he's damn awful at shooting. He should had scored at least 3 tonight.

Mmm-Qatarian

Pfft, I'm still not convinced he cares at all about us! After all, he touched the Anfield sign. The nerve!

TheLittleOne

Very happy for him even if it took him like 4 good chances(some of them were deflected and well defended to be fair) . Hope this will be a catalyst for him to be more relaxed in front of the goal

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He celebrated that goal the way i would have done playing for United. His finishing was also as good as mine.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He didn’t even get a clean contact on the ball for his goal and should have had a hat trick but this is his story and I still think he has a big moment ahead of him.

PSV

Glad he got a goal in the end as otherwise he'd have been ridiculed tonight. Incredible work rate. Could have picked an assist as well if Antony had done better. Let's hope for a bit of a ketchup effect now.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Really chuffed for him to get his goal. Great reaction. You can see what it means to him, if there was any doubt he gives 100%.

Gaidal

Presses like a madman, got his goal (should have gotten more) and should have gotten an assist. Great game.

RedIan

Delighted for him, he had a couple of decent chances before he scored. His enthusiasm is great to see. He will be gutted back at Burnley next year

Dansk

Reminds me of a quote by Vidic. Paraphrasing from memory, but it goes something like this: "When I was young, I tried to be a striker. I couldn't score goals at all. My coach said to me: go play in defense, kill someone."

It's like someone should have given Weghorst the same advice, but never did. He's great at pressing and puts in an incredible workload, but why on Earth is he being played as a striker? He looks like a goalkeeper going up in the opposing box in the dying moments of a game like Schmeichel sometimes did.

Darkhorsez

Rashy‘s interview and the question on Wout’s goal and what is really meant for him - never seen Rashy’s huge smile! Lovely to see and show how much Wout is liked and respected.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can't help but like Wout as a guy. However, as a striker...my days. If we had a top #9 we'd have been 2 or 3 goals up before Betis scored.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bit of lottery winner, but happy for him. Can't help but like him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Definately looks like a fan playing. I celebrated that goal nearly as much as him. He's terrible but it's hard not to like him.

Trequarista10

His chested finish for the offside goal was quality and will go under the radar a bit as it was ruled out. Glad he got the goal eventually. Would happily keep him as a back next season, given Martial's perpetual injury record.

Real Name

Great game from him, really have his all, his pressing started lot of our attacks, so glad he got the goal. He was so emotional about it.

Malone_Post

It’s like watching a fan who’s won a competition to play for United.

Worked his socks off. Missed about 300 chances. Scored an open goal. Celebrated like he’d won the World Cup.

Like him as a person. Hate him as a player.

Marcelinho87

He's like a fan playing. All effort no talent at all. Great to see him so happy scoring but he's damn awful at shooting. He should had scored at least 3 tonight.
I find this bizarre, he obviously has the ability to play football and he does a lot of good things, his finishing is questionable sure but his passing isn't bad, he works extremely hard.

Stick any fan worldwide out there and they couldn't do a damn thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Erik needs to send him on finishing sessions and we'll trash team more frequently.

There's some player there and strongly commited to the cause.

Unam333

That's not true at all though. They're in contention for top 4 in La Liga.
Always nice to beat Spanish teams. I have to say, Betis didn't play well today. Credit to United as well. We looked really pumped today.

Gandalf

Delighted for him, he had a couple of decent chances before he scored. His enthusiasm is great to see. He will be gutted back at Burnley next year
I think he may well stick around. He is not going to be our first choice but I don't think he is in Burnley's plans going forward and would probably be a fairly cheap deal for depth. I imagine he would be ok with being a squad option behind a top striker and this season has proven that we definitely need depth in that position.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
being angry at him is like being angry at a make-a-wish kid for cutting the line at disneyland.

drdoityourself

Good touches tonight. Don't really see this boat load of chances he's supposed to have missed tonight, two blocked shots and a well taken chested goal ruled out. Lead the intensity from the front and the team never let up. Pleased for him to get his deserved goal.
Saw alot of Wolfsburg games with him as a striker and he is a very good striker. Obviously not starting striker here for the long term but the negativity towards him from some of our fans here is absurd given the circumstances.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pleased for him but a good striker walks off with the match ball. I’m not sure the work rate is worth the trade off.
A trade off for what? Our only other striker has been injured for god knows how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.