5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

Nah. Let's not get carried away with the tonic of winning a trophy. Weghorst works hard for the team but that's about all he offers.
But sometimes that’s all you need from a player. It’s obvious he isn’t good enough to be a mainstay in the team, and we need a main striker in the summer - but if he’s really cheap in transfer fee and wages, doesn’t mind being on the bench and is content to just come on and do a job for us when the manager deems necessary, i’d absolutely have him there as a different type of option should the manager want him there. He seems to be liked and appreciated by the staff and the team. But it should absolutely not come at the expense of better players we need

Blood Mage

His work-rate and obvious love for the club are infectious even if ultimately he's not good enough at this level. He was decent yesterday though.

Waynne

If he's ok being 2nd and possibly 3rd at ST then sure we should keep him.

We need to get a top class ST then either Martial stays fit or he's gone.
Martial is already gone in my eyes along with Phil Jones.

Get in 2 players that do a job even if they're at the level of Malacia. They'd be far more useful than 2 permanent sick notes. Not knocking Phil or Martial but if we're going to be challenging for top honors next season we need as many fit players as possible.

CM

But sometimes that’s all you need from a player. It’s obvious he isn’t good enough to be a mainstay in the team, and we need a main striker in the summer - but if he’s really cheap in transfer fee and wages, doesn’t mind being on the bench and is content to just come on and do a job for us when the manager deems necessary, i’d absolutely have him there as a different type of option should the manager want him there. He seems to be liked and appreciated by the staff and the team. But it should absolutely not come at the expense of better players we need
You can sign a player who works hard and knows how to use a football. Weghorst has so many limitations. He's fine for what he is - short-term fix when we were desperate. Come summer time, I would expect us to be able to attract someone of far better quality. Once we have that player, it makes Weghorst's role in the team redundant.

bringbackbebe

There was a moment after the game where he sat in absolute awe looking at United supporters, as if that moment was something very special to him. I didn't get it then, but I looked it up later and noticed he's never won a trophy before this & he probably never thought he'd play for a club as big as United & win silverware. That moment was indeed magical for him.

Would any day have an average but hard working player like him who is determined for success than a technically talented but spoiled rotten scum like Pogba or Ronaldo v.2 who gives two hoots about anything except their padding their stats. Very happy for his success.

NLunited

Agreed, he can be part of the squad as long as we get our main striker who we will hopefully sign in summer.

ti vu

Happy for him to come here and win his first trophies at professional level. Must feel like a dream come true.

Hope it's not the only one.
Would anyone take him permanently for £10M as a squad option?
If offered right now, I would say no. Welbeck used to be available for free. Choupo Mouting too. Or Giroud moving from Arsenal to Chelsea then Milan. Or Arnautovic moved to Bologna for similar amount we paid for Weghorst half season loan. I am not talking about getting Arnautovic himself, I am talking about the availability of cheap quality squad players.

We should try first to get the best quality, even if it's only the squad player.

stoinz

One of his best performance for us. Really happy for him too, can see how much it meant to him.

However we should look for a better options where possible.

Kopral Jono

Before anyone mentions the Make-A-Wish Foundation I just want to say that Weghorst works very hard for the team and already seems to be a popular member of the squad. There just isn't anything not to like. I would even go as far to say that we should ideally keep him (if his fee makes sense financially).

Krits

The thing I've noticed about him is he actually has a decent touch. He generally lays it off quite well first time to someone around him. Helps us move up the pitch faster. We will need an upgrade at some point, but he isn't an issue right now. This team is now full of characters I like.

ti vu

I just love the bit where he's on his haunches, smile on his face, looking at the crowd and drinking it all in. It gives me great joy to see someone living in that moment so purely.

It does feel weird that of all things, Wout Weghorst staring at the crowd ended up as my favourite part of the celebrations yesterday, but watch the video from 5:54 and tell me that's not incredibly wholesome.
Not a weird thing really. Even me who can be critical about his performance in other games, feel really happy for him.

It's a special experience for him. He's on a second loan this season, after another loan in Turkey for a team who highly likely not gonna win any trophies this season. And here he wins his first ever trophy at top flight level. It's almost fair tale.

It's nice to see a person enjoying one of the best occasion of his life.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He was crouched down and was smiling towards the stands with a serene look in his eyes. This really means a lot to him.

Loved that shot of him just sitting and soaking in the feeling of watching the fans celebrate. Can’t fault his effort - he presses for three forwards at times!
Love the way he was sat watching the fans celebrating, he gets what it means to play for United he'll run all day for the team
Honestly that one camera shot of him after the game kneeling down, smiling and staring at the crowd celebrating.. like he was just talking it all in, he looked so happy.

that moment changed how I feel about him and now kinda want him to stay in the squad next season (as backup)
Seeing him at the end looking up at the crowd by himself was pretty moving. I think he rightly must be thinking how the hell did I end up here, now? It's pretty endearing.

Sadly not much of a footballer, but that's okay for today.
Loved the bit post match where he was crouched down on the touchline taking it all in. Last few weeks must be a dream come through for him.
There was a moment after the game where he sat in absolute awe looking at United supporters, as if that moment was something very special to him. I didn't get it then, but I looked it up later and noticed he's never won a trophy before this & he probably never thought he'd play for a club as big as United & win silverware. That moment was indeed magical for him.

Would any day have an average but hard working player like him who is determined for success than a technically talented but spoiled rotten scum like Pogba or Ronaldo v.2 who gives two hoots about anything except their padding their stats. Very happy for his success.

I see this has been mentioned. Look at him - on his haunches, smile on his face, looking at the crowd and drinking it all in. It gives me great joy to see someone living in that moment so purely.

It does feel weird that of all things, Wout Weghorst staring at the crowd ended up as my favourite part of the celebrations yesterday, but I don't see how anyone can watch the video from 5:54 and tell me that's not incredibly wholesome.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like a proper down to earth guy. Gives everything every game. Can see what it meant to him. Even if he is out of his depth here, he’s still contributing to wins and the form is still strong.

We need an rvn

His work-rate and obvious love for the club are infectious even if ultimately he's not good enough at this level. He was decent yesterday though.
I love his work rate, enthusiasm and professionalism - he can only work as hard as he can and do as asked given the talent he has. At the end of the day, he’s still a Dutch international and professional player so has a lot of talent and given the choice of keeping someone in the squad I’d sign him and get rid of martial any day

but at the end of the day, he hasn’t scored enough and we do need a new no.9 next season

Scholsey2004

Weghorst's presence has been a huge part of Rashfords success this season imo. The chemistry there has been great. His pressing workrate is outstanding as well. We should definitely sign him as Martial's replacement.

SAF is the GOAT

I Just want for him to be more involved in our game whether its shooting the ball by himself like he did against Newcastle or just bringing other players into play, we need a lot more of it from him.

Lam

ETH’s Park Ji Sung. He will not score 20 goals in a season but can make the team a better unit. Will be useful as the second option striker and when needed to do a job as the first line of defence against certain teams. I’d rather have him as the backup striker than Martial. Martial is definitely better than him but not dependable and will be way more expensive to have as a backup.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Never fall in love with a loan player...

I hope we sign him permanently as a backup striker. His work rate and more importantly availability is a big asset for a reserve striker.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I like him, but I absolutely do not want him here permanently.

Deserves all his dues if he carries on dropping shift after shift over the next 2-3 months but otherwise I'd hope we continue to improve the team and squad from 1-11 and 12-25 so we don't need to have a central attacking defender.

GreatDane

Since Wout joined we keep winning in the league, beat Barcelona and just won the Cup yesterday and so many people still shit on him. He's no Messi, but he's been given a role by Ten Hag and he fills it great, allowing our technical forwards to shine.

Josh 76

Since Wout joined we keep winning in the league, beat Barcelona and just won the Cup yesterday and so many people still shit on him. He's no Messi, but he's been given a role by Ten Hag and he fills it great, allowing our technical forwards to shine.
Definitely a mystery. Maybe the opposition thinks he’s so crap, that they don’t think they need to mark him.

Josh 76

ETH,s Park Ji Sung. He will not score 20 goals in a season but can make the team a better unit. Will be useful as the second option striker and when needed to do a job as the first line of defence against certain teams. I’d rather have him as the backup striker than Martial. Martial is definitely better than him but not dependable and will be way more expensive to have as a backup.
Calm down.

Mike Smalling

Think he played a quite good game yesterday. He lost possession too easily a few times, but also had some really nice touches, an assist and a very good shot on goal.

I like him. I wouldn't mind him for the squad next season, under the hope that we would rely on him less with Martial or another striker playing the most games.

Idxomer

We lost 7 points with him in the team, he's doing a good job yes but his limitations have hindered us in some games.

GreatDane

We lost 7 points with him in the team, he's doing a good job yes but his limitations have hindered us in some games.
Or his qualities have helped us in others.
Not saying he's a superstar og world class, but I'd definetly keep him as a 2nd striker.

led_scholes

Press machine and since to have a very nice attitude. He is useful, but he cant be our main striker next year. I would not mind if we sign him as a backup. I would actually welcome it.

Can we loan him again with a decent fee? I think a loan is a win win for everyone.

Imlegend

Very good today. Needed a guy like him against central defenders like Newcastles.

He reminds me of giroud for France in 2018
I said along these lines and got blasted here glad someone shares my views

Status
Not open for further replies.