Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux Thunder

I'm seeing some double criteria here: judging Weghorst by his time at Burnley but defending Felix because of Simeone's negative tactics.

At least, he seems to me like a guy with a character who will do everything and expose himself to influence a game, not shy and not letting a game go past him - something that, despite being technically superior, Martial currently doesn't offer.

His movements remind me a little of Cavani, something that I would like to see Rashford and Martial mastering - drop to receive when the defender drops to cover the space or continue the run in behind if defender doesn't tend to defend the space. You can clearly see that in a YT video posted a few pages before when in our away game against Burnley he took Maguire out of the game by his clever movement creating a goal in the end.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Because Elanga currently gets so many appearances for us because we don't have a backup striker, whether he goes up front himself, or goes out wide with Rashford put up top.
He really doesn't but whatever.

Elanga is foil for the left/right hand side, Weghorst will be foil for Martial.

Rolaholic

Athletic have been sharing some of WW’s stats this morning.

At Wolfsburg he regularly topped the distance covered stats.

Even at Burnley he had 57 pressures in a single game, the most in the league all season.

Why the feck wouldn’t you want a player like that?
Yea he's a pressing monster by all accounts, would be a good option to bring off the bench against tired opposition

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
He’ll be a massive success here. We’ll ask him to stay if he’s on loan. And, I bet he’ll be so much on fire that by the end of the season we’ll all be referring to Haaland as the “Norwegian Wout”.

Real Name

Love the comments about this being an underwhelming deal. Given the fact we're broke at the moment and it's till the end of the season it's a good deal.

Better than Abouabakar.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
He'll sure get his fellow players working and moving!

Tony247

Those complaining, ffs don't forget this is a stop gap transfer if it goes through.

TommiHelm

I know so little of him, but he feels like a player you'd like to have in your team instead of the other when he plays. He managed to properly annoy the Arentina players in that game in the World Cup at least. Messi enough to call him a "bobo" during an interview after the game. Apparently Agüero got in his face after the match to. Might be just the kind of tool we need in our team. Physical, agressive, not shy of confrontation, and seems a decent footballer as well. Definitely completely different to any of the attacking options we have.

Lisandro to break his legs in their first training session though. :lol:

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
At least, he seems to me like a guy with a character who will do everything and expose himself to influence a game, not shy and not letting a game go past him.
This is an excellent point. ETH said we were looking for the right type of player. That requires the right character as much as skill or physical attributes.

One of the things we love about Lisandro is his attitude and determination, traits clearly shared by Weghorst.

Lisandro won over many doubters early on with his physicality, commitment and leadership qualities, I expect Wout could do the same.

90 + 5min

Best option looking at our squad and what we need. Really delighted if it happens. Lot better then overpaying Felix, like some people are talking about. We need players that can give us something we don't have.

mu4c_20le

Best option looking at our squad and what we need. Really delighted if it happens. Lot better then overpaying Felix, like some people are talking about. We need players that can give us something we don't have.
Relegation experience :drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Delighted ? :lol: Wouldn't go that far, especially not for flipping Weghorst of all players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know most will have question marks over his quality, but I love it when a player is desperate to play for us.

Someone

Something
Even if we buy him, it's a low risk transfer. We need depth anyway so no complaints from me. I doubt he's the long term answer ETH is looking for.

90 + 5min

Relegation experience :drool:
If you had put Messi in that Burnley team last year, he couldn't save them. So I don't see that as a problem. I look at what he can give us.

Delighted ? :lol: Wouldn't go that far, especially not for flipping Weghorst of all players.
He would give us something we don't have. A mobile but strong central presence. Something we don't have.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I just want him to play a game for us already so we can stop this bickering about whether or not he’s Zlatan regen or an absolute horses arse

Real Name

If you had put Messi in that Burnley team last year, he couldn't save them. So I don't see that as a problem. I look at what he can give us.

He would give us something we don't have. A mobile but strong central presence. Something we don't have.
God forbid being positive or worse delighted over something in this place. We won't have that here.

Suv666

I was trying to hype myself up thinking maybe we can unlock his potential but just checked he’s 30 years old. I doubt he’s going to suddenly turn it up a notch at this stage in his career. Uncannily similar to Ighalo move this, except Ighalo had one fire season with Watford in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.