Wout Weghorst

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
When you hear moaning and doom-mongering, remember this is the same place where a vociferous majority (i.e. maybe not in headcount but definitely post count) wanted Sancho for 120M if that's what was required.

This sounds like a very reasonable deal to me.

Real Name

Was trying to hype myself about the deal but then realized he's 30 which means his legs will be gone in 6 months. Typical United deal.

Man-United

Yeah that's a bit disappointing, more so than the sporting aspect which may or may not turn out alright
He's one of the so called "cool" people that must be against something like that. What a moron, sorry but I hate that.

Idxomer

I think he’ll be a bigger hit than first season Cavani, who was nearing cult hero status.
Cavani scored 17 goals in his first season. I would consider Weghorst a success if he scored 5 goals but he isn't gonna be a bigger hit than Cavani unless those 5 goals won us the league or something.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I was trying to hype myself up thinking maybe we can unlock his potential but just checked he’s 30 years old. I doubt he’s going to suddenly turn it up a notch at this stage in his career. Uncannily similar to Ighalo move this, except Ighalo had one fire season with Watford in the PL.
Turn it up a notch from 2 goals in WC quarter final? Nothing like Ighalo either, who had basically retired to China before we came along.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Who replaces Ronaldo ?
==================================
Wout Weghorst :lol:
I feel sick :nervous:
Can you imagine the reaction on here :lol: ?
:nervous:

Relegation Jumble Sale
Hope someone buys Wout Weghorst. He deserves more PL games even if he's a bit cack.
Nah, give him quality service and he will score goals.
Well wouldn't mind to be proven wrong.
Let's see if anyone buys him or not. :lol:
If only they knew it would be us.

Last edited:

MS4

Covidiot. So pass. Dont want him. Reduces the risk of another toxic influence

Skills

Snitch
I think this makes Antony more of a threat on the right, but at the same time I'm worried for Rashford. I think Rashford is much better off with a CF dropping into spaces, rather than one pinning the CB.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think this makes Antony more of a threat on the right, but at the same time I'm worried for Rashford. I think Rashford is much better off with a CF dropping into spaces, rather than one pinning the CB.
He might be off the pitch by the time he is on it.

mu4c_20le

Who replaces Ronaldo ?

:nervous:

Relegation Jumble Sale

If only they knew it would be us.
It's pretty interesting that ETH is the only factor that changed some people's minds

Strelok

Really hope it's true. This is actually a very sensible signing. We're lacking a back up #9 who can provide some good aerial threat and score a bit.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He really doesn't but whatever.

Elanga is foil for the left/right hand side, Weghorst will be foil for Martial.
Yes he does. If Martial goes off, who plays up front currently?

Usually Rashford, sometimes Elanga. With Elanga often replacing Rashford out wide if he shifts up front. It's really not that complicated, is it?

If we sign a backup striker, he gets on the pitch instead of Martial, Rashford stays wide, and Elanga stays on the bench (or even goes somewhere else on loan).

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He’ll be a massive success here. We’ll ask him to stay if he’s on loan. And, I bet he’ll be so much on fire that by the end of the season we’ll all be referring to Haaland as the “Norwegian Wout”.
Norwoutian!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
True and it's good to have different options. I'm just thinking long term, with the type of striker we can get will have an effect on the players around him.
Think there are people on here leaping too far ahead. He is a short term loan. Even if we sign him in the long term he will be a squad option who will not cost much. We do not yet know who the new owners are, their plans for the team or how much money will be available. You would think we are paying 100m for him and mega wages on a long term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.