Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Last edited:
Group stage schedule and UK TV Guide

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Match schedule for the group stage (all times UK)

Friday 7 June
Group A: France vs South Korea (20:00, Paris) - BBC One

Saturday 8 June
Group A: Norway vs Nigeria (20:00, Reims) - BBC red button/website
Group B: Spain vs South Africa (17:00, Le Havre) - BBC red button/website
Group B: Germany vs China (14:00, Rennes) - BBC One

Sunday 9 June
Group C: Australia vs Italy (12:00, Valenciennes) - BBC red button/website
Group C: Brazil vs Jamaica (14:30, Grenoble) - BBC red button/website
Group D: England vs Scotland (17:00, Nice) - BBC One

Monday 10 June
Group D: Argentina vs Japan (17:00, Paris) - BBC Two
Group E: Canada vs Cameroon (20:00, Montpellier) - BBC red button/website

Tuesday 11 June
Group E: New Zealand vs Netherlands (14:00, Le Havre) - BBC red button/website
Group F: Chile vs Sweden (17:00, Rennes) - BBC red button/website
Group F: United States vs Thailand (20:00, Reims) - BBC Four

Wednesday 12 June
Group A: Nigeria vs South Korea (14:00, Grenoble) - BBC red button/website
Group B: Germany vs Spain (17:00, Valenciennes) - BBC red button/website
Group A: France vs Norway (20:00, Nice) - BBC Four

Thursday 13 June
Group C: Australia vs Brazil (17:00, Montpellier) - BBC Two
Group B: South Africa vs China (20:00, Paris) - BBC red button/website

Friday 14 June
Group D: Japan vs Scotland (14:00, Rennes) - BBC One
Group D: England vs Argentina (20:00, Le Havre) - BBC One
Group C: Jamaica vs Italy (17:00, Reims) - BBC red button/website

Saturday 15 June
Group E: Netherlands vs Cameroon (14:00, Valenciennes) - BBC One
Group E: Canada vs New Zealand (20:00, Grenoble) - BBC red button/website

Sunday 16 June
Group F: United States vs Chile (17:00, Paris) - BBC One
Group F: Sweden vs Thailand (14:00, Nice) - BBC red button/website

Monday 17 June
Group B: China vs Spain (17:00, Le Havre) - BBC website
Group B: South Africa vs Germany (17:00, Montpellier) - BBC red button/website
Group A: Nigeria vs France (20:00, Rennes) - BBC Four
Group A: South Korea vs Norway (20:00, Reims) - BBC red button/website

Tuesday 18 June
Group C: Jamaica vs Australia (20:00, Grenoble) - BBC red button/website
Group C: Italy vs Brazil (20:00, Valenciennes) - BBC Four

Wednesday 19 June
Group D: Japan vs England (20:00, Nice) - BBC One
Group D: Scotland vs Argentina (20:00, Paris) - BBC Four

Thursday 20 June
Group E: Cameroon vs New Zealand (17:00, Montpellier) - BBC red button/website
Group E: Netherlands vs Canada (17:00, Reims) - BBC website
Group F: Sweden vs United States (20:00, Le Havre) - BBC Four
Group F: Thailand vs Chile (20:00, Rennes) - BBC red button/website

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
A quick tour round the group and some predictions for the top two in each one. Anyone else want to try?

Group A: France (ranked 4th in the world) , South Korea (14), Norway (12), Nigeria (38)

France are one of the tournament favourites, a good team with home advantage. I'm going with Norway as second, in honour of Ole (and his daughter who's training with the United girls team).

Group B: Germany (2), China (16), Spain (13), South Africa (49)

Germany are probably the least talked about favourite - but they're on form and could win the tournament. Spain can and often do play better than their thirteenth ranking, so I'll go with them as the other qualifier as I don't actually know anything about the other two teams.

Group C: Australia (6), Italy (15), Brazil (10), Jamaica (53)

Australia and Italy to go through. Brazil have had an awful build up, the stars are getting old, the high potential youngsters don't look like a team. Jamaica have Bunny Shaw on their side, but not a lot more (they do have Bob Marley's daughter getting sponsors for them though)

Group D: England (3), Scotland (20), Argentina (37), Japan (7)

It's coming home? To be honest, that's hard to imagine, England don't look as good on the field as their ranking or their favourites status suggests, but never stop dreaming, right? Japan could top this group and Scotland-England could be key. England/Japan as first two, Scotland qualifying in third!

Group E: Canada (5), Cameroon (46), New Zealand (19), Netherlands (8)

Canada are a good team, one of the second rank of favourites. Netherlands won the Euros and are arriving in good form. Those two to go through.

Group F: USA (1), Thailand (34), Chile (39), Sweden (9)

The most unbalanced group of the lot. The USA are the reigning champions and current favourites. Sweden are a decent outsider. If these two don't top the group, I'd be looking at betting patterns! I'm kind of hoping that no one chooses Thailand and Chile as the fast track to tournament top scorer - it could be cruel.

The four best third place teams qualify as well, but the permutations there are way too hard to guess. 4 points enough?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thanks @jojojo . I think I'll be watching a fair bit of this tournament.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
A quick tour round the group and some predictions for the top two in each one. Anyone else want to try?

Group A: France (ranked 4th in the world) , South Korea (14), Norway (12), Nigeria (38)

France are one of the tournament favourites, a good team with home advantage. I'm going with Norway as second, in honour of Ole (and his daughter who's training with the United girls team).

Group B: Germany (2), China (16), Spain (13), South Africa (49)

Germany are probably the least talked about favourite - but they're on form and could win the tournament. Spain can and often do play better than their thirteenth ranking, so I'll go with them as the other qualifier as I don't actually know anything about the other two teams.

Group C: Australia (6), Italy (15), Brazil (10), Jamaica (53)

Australia and Italy to go through. Brazil have had an awful build up, the stars are getting old, the high potential youngsters don't look like a team. Jamaica have Bunny Shaw on their side, but not a lot more (they do have Bob Marley's daughter getting sponsors for them though)

Group D: England (3), Scotland (20), Argentina (37), Japan (7)

It's coming home? To be honest, that's hard to imagine, England don't look as good on the field as their ranking or their favourites status suggests, but never stop dreaming, right? Japan could top this group and Scotland-England could be key. England/Japan as first two, Scotland qualifying in third!

Group E: Canada (5), Cameroon (46), New Zealand (19), Netherlands (8)

Canada are a good team, one of the second rank of favourites. Netherlands won the Euros and are arriving in good form. Those two to go through.

Group F: USA (1), Thailand (34), Chile (39), Sweden (9)

The most unbalanced group of the lot. The USA are the reigning champions and current favourites. Sweden are a decent outsider. If these two don't top the group, I'd be looking at betting patterns! I'm kind of hoping that no one chooses Thailand and Chile as the fast track to tournament top scorer - it could be cruel.

The four best third place teams qualify as well, but the permutations there are way too hard to guess. 4 points enough?
Yeah I’d go along with this, we simply have to win on Sunday, we need to get 3 points. I have France down as favourites, I think the centre half pairings are going to be key and although Bright and Houghton are a very good partnership I’m not convinced that either have the full ability to command for 90 minutes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully Japan qualify with us (England) and Korea make it through, too.

France-Korea is a nice opening game!

Angelinho

England have been underwhelming in the build up, but the draw for the winner of Group D is a kind one, as you avoid any group winners (or group E runner up) until the semis. If France & USA play to form, they look set to meet in the quarters, with the winner playing whoever emerges from the Group D winner's path (potentially England).

As with the men last summer, a run to the semis before losing to the first real contender we come across, is very much on the cards.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
England have been underwhelming in the build up, but the draw for the winner of Group D is a kind one, as you avoid any group winners (or group E runner up) until the semis. If France & USA play to form, they look set to meet in the quarters, with the winner playing whoever emerges from the Group D winner's path (potentially England).

As with the men last summer, a run to the semis before losing to the first real contender we come across, is very much on the cards.
This is my feeling as well. Winning Group D would be huge for England. We'd get a third placed team in the R16 and runners-up in the QF. Which is about as favourable a run as you could hope for. Of course that depends on the other groups playing out according to seeding, still it's a fair place to start from.

If Japan win Group D (and most people think they will be far better than their eighth place ranking suggests - because they really do show up at tournaments) then things get tough much quicker for England.

Given that I'm travelling to France in time for the QFs and beyond - England winning the group is obviously the scenario I'm planning for :wenger:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Some teams would be a bit stressed out by having favourite status, and an expectant home crowd - France not looking hesitant at all. But there are 7 Lyon players out there tonight - they're used to big stadiums and winning things.

Mbock scores but it goes to VAR and it's offside by a toe.

Wilt

For sure. The French team in general look physically bigger and stronger than the Koreans, but Renard is big by any standard.
Yep, I think France will be difficult to beat.

Amazed how much women’s football has progressed over the last few years.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
This is like FIFA on corners for France.

VanGaalyTime

Yep, I think France will be difficult to beat.

Amazed how much women’s football has progressed over the last few years.

Yeah the technique of some of these French players is outstanding. Cascarino could legitimately be a good option for our right wing.

VanGaalyTime

And here's the thing: this South Korea team is ranked 14th in the World. The Nigeria team France are about to face are ranked 38th. We might have to get into differential equations for the amount of goals France score against Nigeria.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Might want to double mark Renard or make a clearer path for the keeper to punch and have a couple players on the line.
Or mark her at all! The defending from the Korean CB for the 2nd goal was criminal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For sure. The French team in general look physically bigger and stronger than the Koreans, but Renard is big by any standard.
In the air she is probably stronger than Bailly.:)

Affirmation

I'm hyped for the Woman's World Cup and have been enjoying the opening match, France are an amazing side and among the favourites to win the competition for sure. I'm quite suprised Sakina Karchoui has not featured at all in this match however, she's a great player and offers a lot of quality as well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good opening game a bit one-sided but great goals.
45k is pretty impressive also.
Very! I wonder what the attendances will be like for the games thAt don't involve France.