WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
A really entertaining half, Spain trying to do far too much with the ball, without it they look really vulnerable to the counter. I’d say South Africa looking good value as it stands.

Denis79

SA are impressive on the counter, some plays are world class!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That pen couldn't have been placed much worse with next to no pace. Lucky.

Think I want SA to win.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Also I think I just fell in love with the 4th official (don’t think I’ve ever said that before)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Oh no. Really unfortunate penalty awarded by VAR for Spain - probably correct but I wouldn't have given it. SA player sent off for second yellow.

I'm not sure why I'm supporting SA here, Spain's normally my second team :confused:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ooo shit, that was right in the valley. Thought it was the thigh until the replay.
Was a really tough decision for the ref but think it was the right one.

It looked shit alright. Maybe she knew the keeper was going the other way?
That was a better one!

RoyH1

South Africa are doing fine here. Spain with the possession but struggling to do anything substantial with it.
I cannot watch the second half but that sounds just like their men’s team:lol:

Patchbeard

Tough pen, didn't think she meant it, but then didn't kick up a fuss...
Spain have looked pretty good, but then I've only seen 15 mins.

Paul_Scholes18

Spanish women playing like the men’s team; pass, pass, pass, don’t shoot.
I have not watched any womens football since the last world cup, but if I would bet on one thing it would be for Spain to win the possesion stats even among the ladies ;).

I would also bet on england messing things up at some point and that they have a keeper making lots of howlers ;).
Cultures effect both sides no doubt on many different levels.

RooneyLegend

Pathetic by this ref, cost us the game. If these refs make poor decisions regardless of having replays why are we surprised they've been pathetic for so long?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Spain kept going and gradually played themselves back into it - hopefully they'll remember how to actually go forward next game. South Africa unlucky there, and did a very good job for the first hour.

fck

Supports
Bayern
scandalous penalty decision.. the ref obviously never played football

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The US studio group disagreeing on both pens. I thought they were both correct calls. That kick to the snatch :nervous:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
A ricochet penalty and a follow through one? really? more like she got nothing right.
The first one is as blatant of pen as you get. She put her hands up for no reason, it was incredibly stupid. Said above I don't think the 2nd one was a pen though.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The first one is as blatant of pen as you get. She put her hands up for no reason, it was incredibly stupid. Said above I don't think the 2nd one was a pen though.
Yep, I gave the first one - unlucky move but a penalty, the second one I don't think it was clear at all - and I wouldn't have given it (OK, maybe if it was on a United player)

Lyricist

Yeah first one was really a straight forward decision. It’s unlucky for the underdog but clearly a pen.
Second one though was a nothing situation where the Spanish player loses the ball and the South African player has to clear it somehow. I get that the collision was bad. But a penalty and a red card is so harsh for that.