WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

DeGea

Saw the interview by Neville, he was spot on, although he was criticised for saying it was a "nonsense" game. Said the right things, and shows that he is a winner.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Kirby was having a great game. Imho, she was the best player on the pitch albeit on the losing side.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Well as a partisan I want the Netherlands of course to win it. Also my favourite women player is Lieke Martens, who is brilliant. But objectively the USA still really deserve it. The goal is to develop female football to the same level as in tennis, athletics, etc., but only the USA team is at this truly professional level. If I look at the level of individual sports like athletics or even beach volleyball and watch the six packs, and then watch fat and slow Martens, it proves it's not on the same professional level yet. And that's the best player, I'm net even mentioning some of the really useless players. The same is true for the English team, even with their cold baths. Whether you think they are likable or not, the USA players are fecking winners and live for it and set the example and the level the others must thrive for.

Still hoping for an Italian style WC win :devil: Play shit and win it.
What the feck man, Martens has been permanently injured as you very well know, she's hardly in great shape because she's barely been training during this tournament but she ain't fat or overweight anything :lol:

Generally speaking the Dutch women showed incredible fitness and athletic prowess throughout this tournament as well, which was very noticable in the secend half against Italy and during extra time against Sweden. Their level of professionalism has also been a big factor in making back to back finals, there's no way the Dutch beach vollyball players or track athletes are more professional than this group of footballers.

And last but not least, Martens was the best player at Euro 2017 but she's not actually the best player in the squad. Miedema is a more special talent as a striker than Martens is as a winger. Martens is the most creative player though, and the second most talented player in that team of course, but if you look at what Miedema has done in her career already and realise she's nearly five years younger than Martens you'll understand who of the two is more unique.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rapinoe talking more shit...

Can't see anything but USA winning by atleast a couple of goals, the Dutch are terrible.

Rafaeldagold

Saw the interview by Neville, he was spot on, although he was criticised for saying it was a "nonsense" game. Said the right things, and shows that he is a winner.
I mean maybe..but after they lost to the US he seemed pretty keen on the 3rd place game then- his exact words in that interview ‘now onto the 3rd place play off which we will win’

I mean surely it’s a winners mentality to win every game you play..?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Neville, Phil, is never spot on. He is just a sorry loser that does not understand to be a true competitor on international level. Not his fault though, there are no English ex-players that have that experience and understanding.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Stadium sunny and about 30c. Good contingent of Netherlands fans behind the goal but the "neutral" sections are mostly USA today.

Biggest cheer when the teams were read out was (of course) for Rapinoe.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Stadium sunny and about 30c. Good contingent of Netherlands fans behind the goal but the "neutral" sections are mostly USA today.

Biggest cheer when the teams were read out was (of course) for Rapinoe.
Seems odd. In some of the group games the stadium seemed near entirely orange. How many tickets were each country given. I much prefer the music the Dutch make over the screaming of the high pitched screaming of the US contingent.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Seems odd. In some of the group games the stadium seemed near entirely orange. How many tickets were each country given. I much prefer the music the Dutch make over the screaming of the high pitched screaming of the US contingent.
Not many Dutch people anticipated another good tournament run sadly, and definitely not another final after the Euros. A nice amount of tickets were bought on forehand by Dutch fans for the group stages and the first knock-out round but after that it seems like the tickets were mostly bought by people from other nations for some reason. Only 5000-7000 Dutch fans vs 20.000 USA fans tonight.

The massive home crowds were one of the big factors in their succes at Euro 2017, so that's another element to why it'll be a very difficult match for them tonight.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Holland playing between the lines nicely so far. Just need a bit more belief and composure when they get within 30 yards of the goal and we could have very good game today.

Carolina Red

Staff
:lol:
Yeah I am the one seeing what they want to see. Emoji pack needs a update, theres no clown one
You know what the beauty of having the ability to rewind live sports on your TV is?

She goes down at the 2:47 mark. The camera finally pans off of her at the 3:05 mark and she’s just now sitting. Ball goes off at 3:10 mark. At 3:20 mark shes finally walking around with her hands on her head trying to get her wind back.

I guess you might right about the emoji thing though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know it’s been said to death, but the standard really is dreadful, isn’t it.

It’s like watching two featherweights having a fight, neither has enough to knock the other one out.

starman

You know what the beauty of having the ability to rewind live sports on your TV is?

She goes down at the 2:47 mark. The camera finally pans off of her at the 3:05 mark and she’s just now sitting. Ball goes off at 3:10 mark. At 3:20 mark shes finally walking around with her hands on her head trying to get her wind back.

I guess you might right about the emoji thing though.
Morgan dived again, time for you to rewind and make up some bs.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Been a decent first half. The USA are much better, but while it stays 0-0 you feel like the dutch could get something on the counter